Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

so you do take a selfie with the selfie statue

or do you take a non-selfie of the selfie

both sound retarded

melt it and make it into sewer grates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Excelzior posted:

so you do take a selfie with the selfie statue

or do you take a non-selfie of the selfie

both sound retarded

melt it and make it into sewer grates

Make the sewer grates into a statue.

edit : all these statues are good, not ugly.

http://www.oddee.com/item_97263.aspx

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ayeka posted:

the mayor said he wouldn't put up a statue reminding people of a film the portrays Detroit as a poo poo hole

that is loving hilarious

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Where's the goatse statue?

Ayeka
May 28, 2016

DaveSplitter posted:

Where's the goatse statue?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If that phone is a separate casting and just screwed on then someone should take it out and replace it with a gun.

hi banksy

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

so it's accepted, no, expected, to just relentlessly poo poo on milennials these days huh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ferroque posted:

so it's accepted, no, expected, to just relentlessly poo poo on milennials these days huh

hey, gotta blame someone for the decline of the us (blame boomers because it is all their fault)

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Why statues to depict "activities common in the plaza"? Can't you just look around you and see actual people doing that? They should depict activities uncommon in the plaza, like a snowball fight, or reading a book.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

hey, gotta blame someone for the decline of the us (blame boomers because it is all their fault)

Just be like me and blame everybody except for yourself. It's the fair thing to do.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

Just be like me and blame everybody except for yourself. It's the fair thing to do.

nah, im manic depressive so when i get all sadbrains i blame myself for everything bad in the world. but when im lucid i know it is really the boomers fault.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

This is a cool and good statue

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
That statue will look cool and vintage 100 years from now, when smartphones are obsolete.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

I bet some old farts would get really worked up seeing such narcissism from beloved cartoon characters of their childhood.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I lost my mind a long time ago op

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Ayeka posted:

I believe the community raised 10k for it, kinda like how Philly has the Rocky statue at the museum, but the mayor said he wouldn't put up a statue reminding people of a film the portrays Detroit as a poo poo hole

yet the state of michigan uses known cocaine abuser tim allen to do voice overs for their tourism commercials

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Somebody JB Weld a little MLK statue on one of the girl's shoulders.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

statue looks silly but ok

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gleebster posted:

Why statues to depict "activities common in the plaza"? Can't you just look around you and see actual people doing that? They should depict activities uncommon in the plaza, like a snowball fight, or reading a book.

or a statue of a dead guy who owned slaves/was a huge racist

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

People on social media are criticizing the city for the selfie statue.

These Monty Python skits just write themselves.

80E12N
Feb 19, 2013
I was walking past this thing Saturday night and some teenage girl coldcocked her head on the statue's cell phone backing up to the statue to take a selfie. That's my suburban Houston statue story.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
So many art degrees, so little art.

if Testosterone is going to destabilize me mentally? It's not worth it to me.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
drat that girl holding the phone has gorilla hands

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

80E12N posted:

I was walking past this thing Saturday night and some teenage girl coldcocked her head on the statue's cell phone backing up to the statue to take a selfie. That's my suburban Houston statue story.

If this is true, the statute is ok and should be given a chance to do more damage.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

80E12N posted:

lol

wit
Jul 26, 2011
I'm guessing the thought behind this was city marketing rather than say, art. "How can I make the kind of statue people take selfies with? Like in those real people cities that don't sound like strip clubs." I'd say its a success and so is this fake outrage.

In other news, I can just make a statue of something and donate it to a town square? If I had a single talented bone in my body, this would open interesting prospects for loving with people. How much do you think a commission would cost for a goatse? One on the scale of say, the Swords of Qādisīyah in Baghdad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I can't think of Lesbian Bed Death without thinking of Dan Savage, since he was the first person I ever heard use the term. But to be fair, our bed death is a combination of both having emotional problems and my dysphoria so I think we're a really unusual case.

• Locked thread