Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Katana Gomai posted:

People who think carbonara is a cream sauce are the worst

I used to think it was a meat chop. (Karbonade). And back in the day, I never quite understood what this weird food was that Garfield was into, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:rip: Khedira

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://www.dfb.de/news/detail/gomez-khedira-schweinsteiger-personelle-sorgen-bei-der-mannschaft-149405/

I hope everyone's looking forward to Götze as a striker :shepicide:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

People who think carbonara is a cream sauce are the worst

Reopen auschwitz for ppl who drink cappuccino after dinner and put cream into carbonara, just imo of course

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I like Muller but he has been the unluckiest player in this tournament. Everything goes wrong or gets saved dramatically, see chiellinis amazing save.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Wengy posted:

Reopen auschwitz for ppl who drink cappuccino after dinner and put cream into carbonara, just imo of course

its already open people take selfies there now

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Wengy posted:

"Zwei Expressis bitte! "

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MRLOLAST posted:

I like Muller but he has been the unluckiest player in this tournament. Everything goes wrong or gets saved dramatically, see chiellinis amazing save.
If Gomez wasn't injured, I'd prefer him to sit out the rest of the tournament since it's just not happening here.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ephex posted:

"Zwei Expressis bitte! "

he said, AFD-votingishly

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

"Zwei Expressis bitte! "

Aber ohne Koffein, bitte!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Kevin- -Prince Boateng

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEV5Y9Nfi7A

i love that goofball so much

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am not sure what's funnier, Müller or the youtube comments. I went for a 2:1 against France and 1:0 against Wales, so Müller better gets his poo poo together, I want that free lunch.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So, now that we won against Italy, playing against France in the semi-final doesn't seem as exciting somehow.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Talk about yourself. I'm nervous as gently caress.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Trapped in Oberding for the night. Send help.
I'm interested to see how we line up tonight. Couple of important injuries... at any rate I didn't want to win anyway.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pand posted:

Talk about yourself. I'm nervous as gently caress.

Same. I'm going to start self medicating with beer now. Catch you guys on the flipside

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
One of you guys should make a match day thread.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Rubbing my thighs in anticipation, the brave german lads will win.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I made a thread since your famous work ethic is a lie.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

RIP gentlemen. Do you guys honestly think Khedira would've helped? I've never rated him.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

What would have helped was not fielding Schweinsteiger.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Gigi Galli posted:

RIP gentlemen. Do you guys honestly think Khedira would've helped? I've never rated him.

Yes, and Hummels would have as well, but thems the breaks. Well played to france, we got well and truly owned.

Also jesus CHRIST we need someone to score the goals when Müller isn't doing well, something like a real striker, maybe.

gently caress

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Healbot posted:

What would have helped was not fielding Schweinsteiger.

Ah, the Thiago Motta dilemma. I completely understand.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Gigi Galli posted:

Gomez would have scored at least one of those chances. Or Reus, if he hadn't picked up any injury just before a major tournament once again.

At least I'm vindicated in my assessment of Kimmich, good on the offense but not reliable enough in the defense.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I love Basti, but his insistence on giving away that handball was proper shite (though part of the blame lies with Hector, who cleared to a corner without any opposition around).

Müller in form would have gotten Germany the title.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I just remembered my uncle works in france and my 2nd degree cousins are ethbically portuguese so I'm not mad. I'm laughing actually

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

Yes. Khedira has been the dynamo of the German midfield since 2010 and he makes everyone around him better. He's smart, aggressive, and is much more likely to take positive risks than comparable replacements.

When Khedira went off in the last match, Kroos became instantly exposed. The French papers picked up on that and named Kroos a top flop of the quarterfinal. If you rewatch tonight's match, you can watch Kroos on the ball and see the far-sided wide player screaming for it and poised to run a number of times. Kroos doesnt play that ball, he plays the safe 15 yard pass on the ground to the man in between, and the French defense then closes everyone down. Same for runs into the box. He's too slow to act.

Khedira gives the ball away more, but he also wins it back more, and he plays that long diagonal as it first appears instead of waiting. Pages ago when people were trying to sell me on Kroos, I went back and rewatched the Brazil 7-1 highlights... everything in the first half went through Khedira, and Kroos only piled into the action after the dam had already broken.

Thats the story of Kroos career for me. He is a solid B+ player almost every match. He doesnt gently caress up often, but he also doesnt deliver in the biggest occasions. He is a conservative manager's dream.

Khedira, however, is capable of giving you an A game. Sometimes, not frequently, he throws out a C, but if you need an A performance, you can get it from him. Higher risk, higher reward.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Özil was pretty loving good this tournament, but Löw took Poldi instead of an actual striker and speculated on Müller finding his form. So no assists from Mesut.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Eh, at least we beat Italy

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

System Metternich posted:

Eh, at least we beat Italy

This. I'm not down at all over tonight's loss to France, but I would have melted down if Italy had thrown us out of a tournament once again.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Bring more than one striker next time tia

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Fffffuuuuuuuuccccckkk

The striker situation is... not good.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Well, I saw that coming

Khedira being suspended was probably the biggest issue. Send Schweini to the glue factory

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Well, I saw that coming

Khedira being suspended was probably the biggest issue. Send Schweini to the glue factory

- Hummels, Khedira and Gomez(lol) out
- Griezmann on loving fire
- An Italian(!!!) ref

yeah weltmeister samma usw aaaaaber

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

ephex posted:

- Hummels, Khedira and Gomez(lol) out
- Griezmann on loving fire
- An Italian(!!!) ref

yeah weltmeister samma usw aaaaaber

Deswegen muss ich also jeden Morgen erstmal minutenlang gefühlt ein Kilo Salz von meinen Brezen runterrupfen! :rant:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N95b49tAmmw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Ultimately, the appeal of getting poo poo on was too great...

• Locked thread