Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shinmai

CHK Instruction
I'm really excited for our guests, you guys :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shinmai

CHK Instruction
i've been secretly using folded up cigarette packs as coasters

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I put on my robe and wizard hat

nutranurse posted:

i can't seriously debate in a forum that uses comic sans

did you know there are multiple fake studies that have been cited at me that supposedly state that comic sans is easier to read for people like me with dyslexia

shinmai

CHK Instruction

FluffieDuckie posted:

d&d has way cooler sigs than i expected :stwoon:

ikr? :h:

alnilam posted:

that's a fair point, but on the other hand google's name sounds like the name of a really really big number, and usually big numbers win out over smaller ones IME

Also, Oracle employs Mary Ann Davidson, who is a toxic person and shouldn't be in charge of the security of a weather station let alone CSO of anything.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

nutranurse posted:

I think we should debate something much more pertinent: what is the purpose of byob when fyad exists.

which would you rather do, byob or fyad?

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Rollofthedice posted:

what would the oracle of delphi do? I think she would probably drink some wine and tell everybody to chill out at byob.

Delphi is by Borland, though, and based on Pascal and not Java?

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Piso Mojado posted:

you lost the challenge so now you are one of us. :peanut:

one of us. one of us. one of us.

RuanGacho posted:

Matoi asked nice so I came by.

welcome, which side of the issue do you stand on?

RuanGacho posted:

To share our wildly different culture my avatar is a cool dude eating an ice cream bar.

I don't have a sig anymore because I had a misspelled one for years.
Ice cream bars are generally a good thing, and sigs are by no means mandatory.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

RuanGacho posted:

I think Oracle should Google IBM, but I'm more agnostic about the whole court thing because java is something I'm forced to endure because programmers like it so much.

To make things.

to be fair many programmers also hate java with a passion. usually the same programmes that like it v much.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
to be fair, a hello world isn't much simpler in any other compiled language

shinmai

CHK Instruction

nutranurse posted:

for this to be truly welcoming that black dude needs to be stabbing the white girl while yelling "reparations". what he's stabbing her with i'll let you decide.

there are children watching so the sheet is there to cover up the bloodshed

shinmai

CHK Instruction

CommieGIR posted:

Maybe oracle should stop being a sucky company

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Tesseraction posted:

hello I am D&D

Hello Tesseraction!

Are you Team Google or Team Oracle? Also, what is your preferred soft drink?

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Rollofthedice posted:

i've gotten some flak for this, being a texan, but i don't care much for dr. pepper and prefer pepsi.

This is very important: Max or regular?

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Rollofthedice posted:

regular, god what kind of monster do you think i am

The good kind :argh:

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

shinmai

CHK Instruction
When I'm feeling mischevious I call Google "Kuukkeli", which is Finnish for Siberian jay.

I thought this was pertinent, because I like mister magpie's avatar very much and felt that while duckie's burn was totally rad, it was also kind of uncalled for, and also I like duckies and magpies in real life and they're both birds like the Siberian jay.

Also, Google is pretty okay for a massive global corporation and Oracle is a p horrible company that's stuck in a rut and instead of developing something new or improving on an old product they try to make money with morally ambiguous court cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I would pay good money for a set of those crayons in good condition.

Also, Rodatose, I like your posting, can we be forums friends? :3:

• Locked thread