Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
hi, d&d poster here.

i'm going to say oracle's in the right because they have a slightly cooler name than google.

courtesy of rushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb

alnilam posted:

that's a fair point, but on the other hand google's name sounds like the name of a really really big number, and usually big numbers win out over smaller ones IME

this is fair.

now that i think about it, oracle may not be very good at prognosticating, because it's hard to predict a scenario in which google doesn't have all our brains retrofitted to blindly follow orders and work well with their smart cars.

courtesy of rushi

Chelb

what would the oracle of delphi do? I think she would probably drink some wine and tell everybody to chill out at byob.

courtesy of rushi

Chelb

shinmai posted:

Delphi is by Borland, though, and based on Pascal and not Java?

i am undone

courtesy of rushi

Chelb

FluffieDuckie posted:

i just noticed that al chose the tiger attack tag to accurately symbolize the viciousness of this debate

its really quite brutal. i feel like im in the intellectual hunger games.

courtesy of rushi

Chelb

mister magpie posted:

I only use openjdk because I value freedom of speech.

have you tried programming in ENGLISH?!?!?!?!?!

courtesy of rushi

Chelb

google THIS posted:

well he certainly wouldn't be yelling "reparations" he'd be yelling something else, some sort of play on words possibly, but I can't think of a good example at the moment

pepperoniations

courtesy of rushi

Chelb

shinmai posted:

Hello Tesseraction!

Are you Team Google or Team Oracle? Also, what is your preferred soft drink?

i've gotten some flak for this, being a texan, but i don't care much for dr. pepper and prefer pepsi.

Chelb

shinmai posted:

This is very important: Max or regular?

regular, god what kind of monster do you think i am

Chelb

FluffieDuckie posted:

I'm not going to lie, D&D is way nicer than I expected

matoi posts in the d&dchat thread and us regulars appreciate him too much to poo poo up byob with harsh vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb

Tesseraction posted:

also byob are cool???

FluffieDuckie posted:

I'm sure he meant that too

:yeah:

• Locked thread