Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
LMAO if you just don't have your m... girlfriend do your laundry for you. Just LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kuato posted:

LMAO if you just don't have your m... girlfriend do your laundry for you. Just LMAO

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

King of Bees posted:

Is they a wikkhelp for how to do laundry? I'm so sick of my horrible stench!

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Laundry

hth.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Welcome to the terror dome OP

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
laundry is super easy and u a bitch OP

OUTDOOR VOICES
May 30, 2016

by Shine
can always run into a competitive laundry bitch like wacky tacky and then end up arguing over who gets to even do the laundry (or help)

@ this point its best to go full maynard and just fight each other irl

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Life hack: if you leave your clothes in the hamper long enough the microorganisms responsible for the smell will eat each other and eventually die off and presto you got clean clothes, no effort required.

naem
May 29, 2011

KomodoWagon posted:

Life hack: if you leave your clothes in the hamper long enough the microorganisms responsible for the smell will eat each other and eventually die off and presto you got clean clothes, no effort required.

This is also a great way to shed unwanted skin

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Cantaloupe posted:

I know you're supposed to separate whites and coloreds

omg look at this racist shitlord

I bet you blame the colored clothing for this state of affairs as well, rather than a history of unfixed dyes and the oppression by warm water.

end clothing segregation!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Chinatown posted:

Do I just throw stones at the clothes?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the real question is if goons prefer washers that open from the top or open from the front

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just take your laundry over to your mom's house OP and make her do it. She'll feel wanted and will be happy!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

symbolic posted:

the real question is if goons prefer washers that open from the top or open from the front

Front loaders are better since they cause less wear and tear during the process.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
When I was in England they had their laundry machines in the kitchen instead of a whole separate room

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

King of Bees posted:

When I was in England they had their laundry machines in the kitchen instead of a whole separate room

I think you've mistaken the dishwasher.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

In the first week of my freshman year of college, I taught this guy in my dorm how to do laundry cause he had no loving clue and had never done laundry or any chores his entire life. I was thinking about what dumb gently caress parents he had not to give him basic life skills, but it turned out about half the dorm didn't know how to do laundry and word got out that I was the one to come to if you needed to learn about how to wash your loving clothes. SMDH all semester long.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Just take your laundry over to your mom's house OP and make her do it. She'll feel wanted and will be happy!

This is actually almost true. Go there to do laundry and it'll feel like your home again. Then she feels like she's part of a complete family and not a prisoner in a lonely empty house with a husband that doesn't love her.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

In the first week of my freshman year of college, I taught this guy in my dorm how to do laundry cause he had no loving clue and had never done laundry or any chores his entire life. I was thinking about what dumb gently caress parents he had not to give him basic life skills, but it turned out about half the dorm didn't know how to do laundry and word got out that I was the one to come to if you needed to learn about how to wash your loving clothes. SMDH all semester long.
goddamn millennials gen Xers

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I think you've mistaken the dishwasher.

No I'm serious!!!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

etalian posted:

Front loaders are better since they cause less wear and tear during the process.

Side loaders can trap water and smell bad. Top loaders are cheaper!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm into the power bottom loaders.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

symbolic posted:

goddamn millennials gen Xers

We were the first millennials and people should have seen the warning signs.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
laundry is a privilege OP and you should be glad you have enough clothes for it to be a problem

lol jk that poo poo sucks and I have to go to the laundromat like an idiot poor

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

etalian posted:

But they also suck at actually washing the clothes and your white shirts will get dingier because they use too little water

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
when I move into my own place I'm going to get a twin tub washing machine

even while realising that this is an extremely millennial thing to do because I'm (a) imitating my grandparents for lack of any other sense of direction in life, and (b) optimising for the best authentic experience of doing laundry, the "laundryfeel" if you will

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I washd the laundry. Feels good man.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

lol jk that poo poo sucks and I have to go to the laundromat like an idiot poor

at least you can play king of fighters

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

But they also suck at actually washing the clothes and your white shirts will get dingier because they use too little water

Not really they rock from my experience especially the new models which have a half a million settings.

My apartment has samsung and it plays music when done sort of like a japanese toilet.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

opus111 posted:

Why are you letting it all pile up, op? I do like 4 washes a week spread over the days.

Yah this is the issue, between my regular 'fit, my gym 'fit, and bedding/towels it accumulates quickly. I have not attained the level of self-mastery to shay up on it

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

Who thinks laundry is hard? Lol this fool trippin

It's time consuming, that's all

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

It's not like you have to watch it while it's going. Just get drunk and shitpost until you hear the beeps, like me

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah but then you have to fold it. If you pass out in a drunken stupor its gonna be wrinkled and or wet still when you come to

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
you know what OP? you're absolutely right! laundry does suck! i was gonna do laundry today, but you know what??? gently caress IT!!! GOOD GOD YES!!! OP PREACH IT BROTHER!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like the whole apartment laundry room concept.

Really fun hauling stuff up and down the stairs.

Also people who leave their wet clothes in the washer and forget about them.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i lived at an apt complex with a shared laundry room for a year. one time i walked in to find somebody had posted this long note about how somebody stole their laundry basket so they had to carry all of their clothes back in the rain with no basket and dropped their work outfit and got written up at work as a result and at the bottom in huge letters it said "gently caress YOU rear end in a top hat"

usually though the compartment where you put the detergent and stuff would just be clogged because idiots tried to put those gel pak things in and poo poo like that instead of following the very loving simple instructions

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

etalian posted:

My apartment has samsung and it plays music when done sort of like a japanese toilet.

I hate that loving jingle so goddamn much. :argh:

Here's a thought washing machine. Maybe spend a little more time on your actual loving job rather than singing your ditty you piece of poo poo.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

In one apartment building I had a guy that refused to put in soap because he said there was already enough in the machine. Then he didn't use the dryer because, "gently caress that dollar fifty poo poo I'll just hang it up". I mean he at least used it right, even if he was poor, or pretending to be extra poor.

Sometimes there were people like that, but, they then put 3 loads of poo poo in the dryer until the belt squealed like stuck pig or burned out. Of course no one reports this so you come back to a big ol steamin pile and have to use a different dryer and pay more money.

Some idiot washed their couch cushions - the inside. That mostly survived the washer, but not the dryer. I pulled out the lint screen on the dryer and a bunch of dried navy beans came out. No idea what the gently caress was going on there. Occasionally you'd come in and it was like one of those roadside discos that you put the quarters in and take your top of and foam up your buddy with the broom and the power washer. People must have put dish soap in the thing and made a huge mess.

Probably my favorite was the guy who figured out how to kick the washer to get a free load, until whatever it was he kicked caused it to run endlessly with my crap in it. Had to pull the plug and basically flood out the room on that one.

In retrospect, given the kind of apartment that was, it would be better for people to just give up and not wash their clothing, than to try and Tim Taylor the apparatus and make a worse mess. Some fuckers even figured out how to use the washer, and the dryer. Except, they'd forget their clothing in the dryer for upwards of a week. We just started throwing the poo poo away once the pile of washed but never claimed clothing reached the size of the dryer itself.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Why isn't this a photoshop thread

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I get annoyed with the extra sweatshirts every winter here in CA. I can't imagine the laundry bullshit you goons who live in frigid, midwestern hellholes have to put up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When I lived in Thailand I paid a woman 800 baht (about 20 bucks at the time) a month to collect, wash, fold and return all of my laundry.

• Locked thread