Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
they'll be dancing in boats in the streets of paris tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Paddyb posted:

I'd love to see noted clean athlete Mamadou Sakho in there but Koscielny seems to be doing just fine

Koscielny isn't really the problem in central defense, it's his potential partner - Rami is aging and slow, and Mangala is poo poo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

france could start me in central defense and it wouldn't matter. they've hardly had to do anything

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

straight up brolic posted:

france could start me in central defense and it wouldn't matter. they've hardly had to do anything

yeah, but Scotland. Rami looked really, really bad against Cameroon and was responsible for both goals

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Against Scotland though. Put their aging, creaky defence against a proper team with good strikers and they'll be much more challenged.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Scotland really aren't that bad. They played Germany, Poland, and Ireland pretty even in their group, only lost three matches in qualification.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
Hey guys, I'm planning to go to Europe this June.

What I need is some tips from Eurogoons on where can I watch the Euro matches? Especially the France-Albania one since I'll be in Paris for that match

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

SandersPacheco posted:

What I need is some tips from Eurogoons on where can I watch the Euro matches? Especially the France-Albania one since I'll be in Paris for that match
someone french will have better advice for Paris, but where else will you be going?

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Bring water wings

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

SandersPacheco posted:

I don't live in Paris so I can't comment on your best option there, but most French cities will have outdoor viewings on big screens for the France matches.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://instagram.com/p/BGd3vJzE6em/

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I don't suppose there's much chance of a 2010-style implosion this time around, is there?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I should think explosions are more likely to be the order of the day. On a more serious note, I think Romania will concede within 10 minutes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lemon posted:

I don't suppose there's much chance of a 2010-style implosion this time around, is there?

I'd be surprised if France doesn't win every game by two goals at least.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
I will be watching their back 4 very carefully but I predict that France will win the Euros or at least remain the favorites to win the Euros through the point the tournament is cancelled because of Isis.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Spain haven't lost a match at the Euros since 2004, so they're probably still the favorites, but this French side is so loving entertaining and I hope they win.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My long nightmare of 2 weeks without foot is almost over.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Spain haven't lost a match at the Euros since 2004, so they're probably still the favorites, but this French side is so loving entertaining and I hope they win.

Hopefully we get a Spain/France final and young prostitutes everywhere can feel safe for 90 minutes

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

KFBR392 posted:

Hopefully we get a Spain/France final and young prostitutes everywhere can feel safe for 90 minutes

lol

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

KFBR392 posted:

Goddamn.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

KFBR392 posted:

benzema and ribery aren't at the euros

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

KFBR392 posted:

lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

KFBR392 posted:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
*in very nerd and slightly effete voice* allez les bleus

quote:

France (4-2-3-1) Lloris; Sagna, Koscielny, Umtiti, Evra; Pogba, Matuidi; Sissoko, Griezmann, Payet; Giroud.

Umtiti is in for the suspended Rami, thank gently caress, and :lol: Sissoko is in for the suspended Kante

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
If only you hadn't taken those fat burners, Mamadou.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Is the plan that Sissoko gets himself sent off in the first minute to improve the team or something?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
OP still didn't clarify which wars he is referring to in the tread title

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

julian assflange posted:

OP still didn't clarify which wars he is referring to in the tread title

World War I and World War II, obviously

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I'm all about ISL in this fixture

Go ISL go

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Go on mysson

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Lads theres an mdt

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

surrender posted:

World War I and World War II, obviously

Not see if France won those, OP.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

julian assflange posted:

Not see if France won those, OP.

we have, in extra time.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
nice moth

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
deux coupes d'europe et une coupe du monde.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol @ France for having a bus prepared in case they won the tournament, just lol!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

julian assflange posted:

Lol @ France for having a bus prepared in case they won the tournament, just lol!

Did the bus need to have a congratulatory message painted on the side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sassassin posted:

Did the bus need to have a congratulatory message painted on the side?

Yes in case they won the tournament

• Locked thread