Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Just finished listening, and this seems pretty final. A real shame, but understandable, both of the guys are in very different places now. I'm glad it sounds like they're doing well outside of bad-book-reading. Jay, if you're reading this (or Chris somehow?), thank you for everything. Great work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I'll always appreciate them being a couple of super chill dudes at a time where dudes on the internet were being decidedly Not Chill.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad we got as many episodes as we got, April 1st feels like an appropriate end date somehow.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I know Jay posted on here, so on the very slim chance it gets read, you two did a good job with this podcast. Thank you.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Their Patreon exclusive episode of Cool Cat Saves The Kids is one of my favorite pieces of podcast media and it's a shame to see them end but all things end in time and at least this was amicable. I hope they stay chill and happy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I love that they started this off with the ICP version of the theme song, Jay put so much goddamned effort into one-off segment jokes for this podcast and I always appreciated it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Lumbermouth posted:

I love that they started this off with the ICP version of the theme song, Jay put so much goddamned effort into one-off segment jokes for this podcast and I always appreciated it.

THIS ONE IS FOR ALL MY GRASS FANS OUT THERE is my favorite one of those

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Vosgian Beast posted:

THIS ONE IS FOR ALL MY GRASS FANS OUT THERE is my favorite one of those

Jim Morrison Is Being An rear end in a top hat Again is mine, but I think they ended up using it twice.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

alright god bless that the last big digression is making fun of Metallica's "Some Kind Of Monster". 10/10, no notes.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
As someone who doesn't listen to any of the bands they mention I'm glad they went out on another indecipherable tangent

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I hadn't heard that "In The Summertime" version of the theme and it's pretty funny.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Hostile V posted:

Their Patreon exclusive episode of Cool Cat Saves The Kids is one of my favorite pieces of podcast media and it's a shame to see them end but all things end in time and at least this was amicable. I hope they stay chill and happy.

Thank you for reminding me to go download it for posterity.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pope Guilty posted:

I hadn't heard that "In The Summertime" version of the theme and it's pretty funny.

It gave me a good chuckle when I was walking 'round the park.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Would it be :filez: to ask if anyone got all the Patreon eps? Missed the last day of the Patreon by a week and have been kicking myself ever since. Obviously if this goes against the rules I'll edit this post, but I just thought I'd ask

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 26, 2023

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I believe collision talked about adding them to the main feed at some point, you could just ask him directly. - I have all of them downloaded but the metadata is hosed up

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Yeah they said they wanted to put all of them on the RSS and were like "sorry if there's a big dump of dozens of episodes." I didn't want to manually download and store all of them so decided to wait for that. In retrospect I should have been way, way more skeptical of them actually ever getting around to it, so I also f-ed up on that argh

e: zero shade or anything toward them about it, I get that they've moved on to other things

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe I'll finally have to set up an RSS feed, in that case. I hope they still upload the backlog

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Thanks for clarifying that, I also forgot to get the Patreon feed downloaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
Sadly I’m guessing this means they won’t finish Leave That Thing Alone now. I love listening to the boys talk music and Rush in particular, those were some of my favourite podcasts from any creator.