Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Motherfucker ended an ep with a Spazz song and has been talking poo poo on my Botch hometown correction for months. J has a placein my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IDEOTV is my favorite South Carolina-based podcast

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Big Apple Takedown: A WWE Novel

:vince:

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
Halfway through and already a great episode. Sound quality is all over the place for me though.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
The "wrestling is still cool" song was perfect

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

that vim joke was the nerdiest thing i've heard this week, and i've been listening to a podcast that reviews tabletop game books

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I have started listening to this podcast since the thread started and I am working through the back catalog. I am really enjoying the chilled out style these guys have and the obvious planning and effort that they put in. (Not to mention the sweet stingers) I tried to sell my friend on it, but he did not see the point of a podcast about bad books 95% of which I have not read or ever will read. I think he makes a decent point, but the knowledge, insight and references to other books and literary culture these guys bring to the table can be pretty hilarious & enlightening at times.

That Money, Pizza, respect book sounded loving insufferable and they have my respect and sympathy.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I don't read books and I still find the podcast entertaining. Books and podcasts are both made of words in the end, so I don't really feel like I'm missing anything the way I would if I was listening to people talk about movies or TV.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Gonna plug the Attitude Era podcast and How2Wrestling since they had Kefin Mahon on. Both of them are super worth listening to even if you're not a big wrasslin fan and are really good introductions to the "sport"

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tracula posted:

Gonna plug the Attitude Era podcast and How2Wrestling since they had Kefin Mahon on. Both of them are super worth listening to even if you're not a big wrasslin fan and are really good introductions to the "sport"

Yeah, I have zero exposure to the wrestles, and how2 has been super fun to listen to and get some context for who those people were on all the ads when I was in high school.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
New ep just dropped, it's on perennial piece of bad internet fiction Sass Girls X.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I want to get the "audiobook" so bad. So, so bad.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but this is easily the most excited I've been for any episode of the podcast. Sass Girls X is an absolute treasure.

Still kicking myself for not buying it when it was "only" 50 bucks. To think I thought the price would come down... :smith:

KirbyKhan posted:

I want to get the "audiobook" so bad. So, so bad.
These MP3s have provided me with years of joy, and I hope that they will do the same for you.

Disclaimer: The reading itself is all but buried in TF2 noise, on top of being recorded through a cheap gaming headset. I think it adds to the charm, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DENVER.
INTERNATIONAL.
AIRPORT.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Crossover podcast question: is Sass Girls X the book John Toast read to open F Plus Live 3?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Yes.

Whimskey
Jul 4, 2007

I thought that title sounded vaguely familiar. I'll have to go back and listen to that reading.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
It's slightly ironic that now there is a separate IDEOTV thread we get the most f-plusy episode.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
060 — War Against the Mafia: The Executioner, Book 1 (Mack Bolan)

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I realize language has changed over the years, but I don't think there was ever a time when "The executioner had goofed" was not funny

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Holy poo poo High Points/Low Points finally got its song!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
This podcast is just so consistently great it's quietly but surely become one of those "immediately listen to when new episodes pop up" things for me. Makes me happy to hear people intelligently talk about truly awful things.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
If y'all ain't paying for the Patreon you've missed something amazing this week.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

VERY IMPORTANT NEW EPISODE (WITH LEMON)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
THERE ARE BOOKS THAT ARE GOOD! GOOD BOOKS!

THERE ARE BOOKS THAT ARE BAD! gently caress YOU, DAD!

Probably my favorite episode since the last one Lemon was on. I nearly fell off my bike during Chris's reading.

Also, good to know that someone is still fighting the good fight against knowledge gluttons.

But Christ - I'll let "nitch" slide because that's bewilderingly commonplace, but "toosled"? Really? At least it isn't "pos-thoomous".

and i'm not a metalhead but jw was amazingly incoherently wrong about that award, why wouldn't he listen to chris

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 8, 2016

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Yeah, this was a fantastic episode. Just something about Lemon, J, and Chris talking music brings out the best in them all, like the stripping playlists in Candy Girl.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"Are any of these bands headstrong? Will they take on anyone?"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
"FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU"

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Holy poo poo, this episode is great. The 1-2 punch of a Remote Control joke immediately followed by a Barry Manilow joke killed me.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Great ep. Don't feel bad about running long when you have such rich material.

Also, this garbage somehow has a 4.00 rating on goodreads and 4.5 stars on amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars
One of the best books I've ever read
I absolutely love this book. Read the whole thing in just a few days. I could not possibly have had a different childhood & life experiences than Corey Taylor & yet I agree w/ almost everything he wrote in this book. Don't let the rockstar persona fool you. He is one intelligent, critical thinker & a drat good writer to boot.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Koburn posted:

Also, this garbage somehow has a 4.00 rating on goodreads and 4.5 stars on amazon.
Not surprising; it's only Slipknot fans who are going to read it in the first place.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Not surprising; it's only Slipknot fans who are going to read it in the first place.

And very confused Slipnuts fans.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Speaking of, I looked up their act, and it really is like five seconds of vaudeville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqqRB0YlZuw&t=30s

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

At the start: "Oh, another musician memoir. :smith:"

At the end: "That was insane. :D"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Chris's dramatic reading was the best part, hands down.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Djeser posted:

Speaking of, I looked up their act, and it really is like five seconds of vaudeville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqqRB0YlZuw&t=30s

Here's the video where they actually opened for SlipKnot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxywUqIZHYs

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
062 — The da Vinci Code (w/ Lauren O’Neal and Niko Bakulich)

Double episode!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Oh lordy. I wonder how many requests they have gotten for that one.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mmmmm that's a nice heapin helpin of podcast right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I'm glad Chris name dropped Foucault's Pendulum. It's got a really cynical and educated view toward conspiracy theories, yet it's still got a ton of the fun of all that secret knowledge stuff--the characters just know it's all bullshit. until it isn't