Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Everyone that liked the Da Vinco Code ep that's not already listening to Sunday School Dropouts should really give it a try. It's really good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I remember giving it a try a while ago and stopping when I realized I didn't really care about the bible. The hosts seemed real nice though.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

There are so many bad books for them to tackle
So many musician memoirs and bad biographies

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

HMS Boromir posted:

I remember giving it a try a while ago and stopping when I realized I didn't really care about the bible. The hosts seemed real nice though.

I went through several years of catechism classes so hearing about some of the stuff again is interesting to me personally.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

HMS Boromir posted:

I was the same way. I listened to the first episode and thought they sounded like good people but I just couldn't muster a single poo poo to give about their take on the Bible.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nemico posted:

Everyone that liked the Da Vinco Code ep that's not already listening to Sunday School Dropouts should really give it a try. It's really good!

I hadn't heard about the show before the episode and started listening because of it. That's how you cross promote podcasts!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
"you and your whole crew gotta get circumcised" was when I knew sunday school dropouts was a good podcast

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I've been leafing through episodes of Sunday School Dropouts and it's pretty good. A little on the dry side but honestly that's a nice change of pace.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IDEOTV has introduced me to Sunday School Drop Outs, which is a fun little progression through something I'd never have the wherewithal to actually read through myself, and You Must Remember This, probably my favorite non-joke'em'up podcast.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
https://twitter.com/IDEOTVPod/status/771582797383290881

Seriously, if you enjoy this show, you need to be backing these insane patron episodes. I just woke up housemates laughing.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I just listened to the A Spell For Chameleon episode and while I'd vaguely heard that Piers Anthony was bad, holy loving poo poo I had no idea he was THIS bad

The episode starts with a discussion about magical plant girls who are powered by piss, and then it gets worse

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

I just listened to the A Spell For Chameleon episode and while I'd vaguely heard that Piers Anthony was bad, holy loving poo poo I had no idea he was THIS bad

The episode starts with a discussion about magical plant girls who are powered by piss, and then it gets worse

They haven't even scratched the surface of Piers Anthony:

Really, you could do a whole terrible book podcast just about Piers Anthony.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SPEAKING OF FANTASY BUT THANK gently caress IT'S NOT PIERS ANTHONY, IT'S TIME FOR SOME FUCKIN DRAGONLANCE

"It's loving ghastly" raves Chris Collision!

Alaois fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 5, 2016

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Alaois posted:

SPEAKING OF FANTASY BUT THANK gently caress IT'S NOT PIERS ANTHONY, IT'S TIME FOR SOME FUCKIN DRAGONLANCE

"It's loving ghastly" raves Chris Collision!

:swoon:

This book is horrendous. I can't wait to hear their take on it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
And now we find out if there's enough of an overlap between IDEOTV fans and RPG nerds for someone to get angry about this.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I bet those books are bad, but I'm not gonna listen. I grew up reading those things.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Grondoth posted:

I bet those books are bad, but I'm not gonna listen. I grew up reading those things.

I overdosed on those books when I was young and they taught me to recognize completely poo poo books and that I shouldn't spend so much time reading poo poo.

The song in the episode is amazing.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Random Stranger posted:

I overdosed on those books when I was young and they taught me to recognize completely poo poo books and that I shouldn't spend so much time reading poo poo.

THIS IS FOR ALL YOU GRASSLANDS FANS OUT THERE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

THIS IS FOR ALL YOU GRASSLANDS FANS OUT THERE

I WANNA SEE A SEA OF GRASS OUT THERE

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I want Jay to record that song so I can turn it into a Skyrim mod.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I was like 8 to 10 when I read the Dragonlance stuff. I don't think I could've made those choices.

I'm just not ready to realize how bad they were man. I'm just not ready. They even had a graceful death, unlike the R.A. Salvatore monstrosities still shambling around.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

That song Jay sings was good enough that I was super mad whenever the dumb writing hosed up the meter, the rhyme, and when it kept going on about grasslands.

so most of it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

DoubleDonut posted:

As the F Plus noted in one of their live episodes, gently caress youuuuuu Piers Anthony, for so many reasons

Random Stranger posted:

I FUCKIN LOVE DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Velveeta Bloodfucker.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
There's a new episode about Level 26: Dark Origins, brought to you by the creator of CSI. It sounds like one of the worst they've ever read.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zweeker? Zooecker? Zweihander?

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
This episode must be karmic payback for when they called that Dragonlance book last episode worse than Money Pizza Respect.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6mIQOem-CI

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64-yM2n03BU Woah, this is some twisted poo poo...

Am I reading about Sqweegel or is Sqweegel reading about me?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Jesus loving christ I imagined his name was like Schuigel or something, I was not prepared for how dumb his name actually was even after hearing it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The snail in a maze made of salt at 1:55 :perfect:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Djeser posted:

Jesus loving christ I imagined his name was like Schuigel or something, I was not prepared for how dumb his name actually was even after hearing it

How do you type that out and decide that it's a cool, good name for your murdergimp?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Improbable Lobster posted:

How do you type that out and decide that it's a cool, good name for your murdergimp?

If I remember from someone live-posting the book in another thread, the name "Sqweegel" comes from the sound he makes when he walks around in his body condom.

Anyone know what song plays during J's reading? It sounds familiar, but the midi-fication makes it hard for me to place.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

X-Ray Pecs posted:

If I remember from someone live-posting the book in another thread, the name "Sqweegel" comes from the sound he makes when he walks around in his body condom.

Anyone know what song plays during J's reading? It sounds familiar, but the midi-fication makes it hard for me to place.

Link?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's Korn's Freak on a Leash, isn't it?

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Yep. It's a midi of Freak on a Leash, specifically.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

When in doubt, it's always Korn.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
my life goal is to become rich and famous enough that my self-published novel can be covered in propriety by awful book podcasts

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guy Mann posted:

I honestly thought that was cocaine.

Their description of this whole thing as what a middle schooler would write to be as edgy as possible is completely on target. I watched a couple other "cyber-bridge" scenes and in any other circumstance I'd think they were supposed to be a parody of these sorts of books and movies. They try so hard to be scary and evil that they fail completely.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Guy Mann posted:

That snail did not deserve to be hurt for the sake of fuckin' Level 26.