Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Domain is the sequel to The Rats and starts off with London being destroyed by a nuclear bomb. It's loving awesome, in that horrifying way, and when I was a teenager I loving loved it. Everyone has to go live underground in bunkers ...BUT THERE ARE STILL RATS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Did they do Twisted yet?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Djeser posted:

The status of Ireland and its relation to the UK has been a pretty hot-button issue within recent history, so I can imagine people who would get upset about it.

Yeah. It's not really a minor mistake.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I love The Worst Bestsellers but I think voices can be really individual in terms of what grates. I had to stop listening to Read It and Weep because one of the hosts drives me insane. Also they had a weird out-of-sync problem that kept happening half an hour in and it made it unlistenable for multiple episodes in a row.

In terms of vocal fry, that gets perceived a lot more in women's voices than in men's, I'm not wholly sure why. This American Life did a story about it a few years back. One of their female reporters was getting a lot of poo poo about her voice and Ira Glass came on to point out that his voice is fried all to hell and he does not get complaints about it.