Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
The Man Who Comes In Pieces!
I didn't really understand why they chose to do The Girl on the Train. Seemed to me like it's a pretty unremarkable thriller, there's nothing really ridiculous (or even noteworthy) about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
My least favorite parts are when they (mostly J.) talk about wrestling, because I have no context for that. I would prefer fewer bestseller authors and more niche stuff (and the rock bios which are always great).

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007

Sinestro posted:

Holy poo poo, the loving The Trees segment of the new Leave that Thing Alone is just loving... painful. Yes, we get it, you are incapable of imagining anyone having a different viewpoint than yourselves, we're very proud of your dedication to the god of Woke, please gently caress off. I'm not entirely white and very not a dude and yet I like this song a lot and indeed identify with Harrison Bergeron more than I probably should, at least according to you. It's almost as if people can feel held back by others and feel like they're not being recognized for their talents without it being #AllTreesMatter.

Harrison Bergeron is such an ubermensch he literally starts flying once he throws off the government-mandated handicaps. I don't think it's meant to be a straight parody of communism, and J&C didn't seem to recognize that.

In general, their opinions of Rush are bizarre, but I won't get into that.

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
Having to read basically nothing but bad books is probably pretty draining for them. I don't know how you rebrand a podcast, but maybe expanding beyond just bad books wouldn't the worst thing for them to do. They already cover miscellaneous stuff on their Patreon extra podcasts, after all, and those episodes have been pretty good.

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
I absolutely can't listen to anyone talk about wrestling because I find it the most uninteresting topic in the world, so I had to skip about half this episode. The rest was pretty good though.