Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Tell us more about virtue signaling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

dangerdoom volvo posted:

jay peaked when he made the miami bass song about liking boobs

ftfy

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Drunkboxer posted:

I will chime in and say I prefer when it's not just pot shots at airport fiction. I like the weird poo poo I've never heard of.

Hey man, I will not have you taking trash about Airport.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah, this wasn't a great one. Both dudes seemed to hate the book and its subject and there were two genuinely awful riffs that lasted way too long (the Jay/Violent J confusion and the extended Olivia Tremor Control joke)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

But even outside of the whole content warning discussion, I listen to this podcast to hear funny folks dunk on bad books. This one felt like a homework assignment. There wasn't any gleeful roasting going on like the Seven Deadly Sins or even Money, Pizza, Respect. They just talked about how the book was bad and then wrapped it up.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

And the reason that it's a previously recorded episode is that Heston died of cancer this week.

RIP little click-clack bulldog buddy :(

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

There is a one-off segment song in this episode that made me laugh incredibly hard.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

New episode about Robert Asprin's Myth Conceptions.

This is my favorite episode in ages. I've never listened to Wolf Parade, but Dan Boeckner was super endearing and meshed really well with Jay and Chris.

EDIT: Holy poo poo and apparently if you DM him and tell him you're an IDEOTV fan, he will put you on the guest list for their upcoming tour.

Lumbermouth fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 16, 2017

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

there wolf posted:

I can think of some of the thrillers that were fun, but after two cozy mysteries I just started skipping them. They just aren't interesting enough even in bad way to make for good riffing.

And there are totally bad and infuriating cozy mysteries! Teen Creeps just did the first Joanne Fluke cookie baking mystery for an Outside Genre and it was my favorite episode of theirs in months.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

In the wake of all this terribleness, Jay just put out a new Satellite High record :)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jay and Collision return with that poo poo we all love: thrillers from disgraced wingnut welfare grifters.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

That’s good to hear. I dropped off for a while but hearing Jay on the latest Extra Credit was really nice.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

New episode on Thomas Harris’s Hannibal, which needed a much more laid back plot summary song to cover 600(?) pages: https://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2021/11/02/169-hannibal/

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Enter Sandman described as a song about how hard it whips to go to bed really got me.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I love that they started this off with the ICP version of the theme song, Jay put so much goddamned effort into one-off segment jokes for this podcast and I always appreciated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Vosgian Beast posted:

THIS ONE IS FOR ALL MY GRASS FANS OUT THERE is my favorite one of those

Jim Morrison Is Being An rear end in a top hat Again is mine, but I think they ended up using it twice.