Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I like JW more than I like Collision but sometimes when I'm listening to JW at work I wanna jump up and down and scream "JUST BLOW YOUR NOSE YOU GOOBER!" like Jesus dude can you BREATHE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Podcasting is a medium that asks “what if you didn’t need a good voice for radio?”

Is “vocal fry” some new thing? I cannot ever remember hearing that phrase before this year in my life and suddenly it’s like a huge part of podcasting discourse. I don’t even know what it means.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So it’s like audio equivalent of split ends?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Chris Collision’s dramatic reading from this episode is the most difficult thing I’ve ever forced myself to sit through listening to.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Plot in 60 seconds is just irksome at this point because they just had that other guest on who was transparently more prepared for his guest appearance than either of the hosts were and he did it in like 63 seconds and it had twice as many jokes!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I dunno, I've felt like their last 2-3 episodes, at least the ones i listened to, were just extremely low impact, low silliness... almost like the books they are reviewing aren't bad enough?

I think the last episode i really enjoyed was the Lemony Snicket one because i hate that series. I would like to se the pod return to dogging on more classically bad books, judging contemporary works isn't as fun because so few people writing today actually even try that hard.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Uhhhh... maybe don’t try to defend a book that a guy guy clearly doesn’t like that he made for his comedy podcasts about books? I guess I never really considered that as one of the consequences of the show, people clamoring to defend the books that get roasted...

I dunno, I liked that episode because those books do kinda suck, IMO.

The Atlanta Nights episode already feels really funny and good, they were clearly feeling stale and this episode has some pep.

Also authors of beloved children’s books with increasingly problematic opinions is a pretty hot button issue these days, and I’m quite confident that Chris and JW would be on the right side of history if the subject of JK ever came up. Let the boys read!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah that episode was good I thought