Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

neongrey posted:

I like him just fine, but I mostly listen for two people with big dad energy talking adjacent to a book than anything else and I feel like most of the stuff people object to with him is part and parcel of the dad energy.

I once heard someone say of Collision that he has "this way of telling jokes that's like he'll see a joke, then start slowly jogging toward it and pointing at it while smiling and waving to the audience" which is a very dad way to tell jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Honestly yeah that seems like a good idea. J seems like he's going through some real poo poo(no judgement pretty much everyone is right now) and I wouldn't judge him at all of he needed a long break.

The biggest downside of the Patreon era is it dissuades people who need a rest from getting it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Lumbermouth posted:

I love that they started this off with the ICP version of the theme song, Jay put so much goddamned effort into one-off segment jokes for this podcast and I always appreciated it.

THIS ONE IS FOR ALL MY GRASS FANS OUT THERE is my favorite one of those