Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Wherein J and Collision pick a book they used to like because they want to kill their own sacred cows a little: "IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas", a book about writing about music and pop culture.

http://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2018/10/14/117-iv/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yes. I don't think it's creepy, but it might not be very interesting to you.

Judy Blume has a wonderful talent for understanding how situations look and feel to kids, and is equally skilled at expressing such. Hell, Superfudge has become really trendy in our school's library this past month, and my kids really don't like "old books "
Judy Blume also never really sugarcoated anything about the general bullshit kids have to deal with. When I was a teen I just had a bunch of them through garage sales and I read them out of curiosity. She never really talks down to the audience and she has a pretty good understanding of teen bullshit and how it's a weird time; Blubber is a pretty accurate view of teen bullying and Then Again, Maybe I Won't is a good novel about male puberty and feeling guilt for doing something you shouldn't. And she never really tries to wrap them all up in happy endings.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

:getin:

http://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2018/12/23/122-pet-sematary/

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Their Patreon exclusive episode of Cool Cat Saves The Kids is one of my favorite pieces of podcast media and it's a shame to see them end but all things end in time and at least this was amicable. I hope they stay chill and happy.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

alright god bless that the last big digression is making fun of Metallica's "Some Kind Of Monster". 10/10, no notes.