Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

General Ironicus posted:

Those Who Tresspass
The only person who can stop serial killer Bill O'Reilly is maverick investigator Bill O'Reilly. A book by Bill O'Reilly

I was coming her to post this exact one with the exact same description. I just love that he's so full of himself that the villain and hero are both self-inserts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He sounds awful

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-fat-jew-joke-theft-victims-speak-out-20150820

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/nov/07/josh-ostrovsky-fat-jew-jon-ronson-instagram

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

Basically imagine all the rage that sites like Ebaum's World or FunnyJunk got only instead of having the plausible deniability of being sites where everything is uploaded by users it's one incredibly shameless individual knowingly doing everything.

The Guardian article is great because he says no one is right or wrong but he will start crediting original content creators from now on. When Ronson asks him does that mean he admits the people who accused him of plagiarising their work were correct he disagrees. A week later when Ronson meets him again The Fat Jew tells him how he has to chide his interns for not crediting the content they publish as if he'd been adhering to that philosophy his whole like.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Alaois posted:

Ithinkhesjustarealfasttalker

I feel him because I speak very quickly too

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Listening to it now and this guy doesn't speak quickly at all, seems p normal to me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I read The Davinci Code when I was 12 and thought I was so smart and sophisticated lmao, though by 14 I realised every Dan Brown book is the same book. At 14 I was still reading really awful fantasy like The Sword of Truth so Dan Brown is truly bad.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Listened to it fully and it was really great but everytime they've other guests on I'm just reminded how much better the show was pre-Collision, I just don't find the guy charismatic or funny. He seems perfectly nice as a person but I don't think he's interesting to listen to.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I can't remember what book it was but they were doing recommendations and Collision didn't have a similar one and then picked Jane Eyre and my eyes are still rolling.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's like if you asked a friend to recommend a good gangster film because you liked 'Goodfellas' and they respond with "hrmmm have you heard of this thing called Citizen Kane?"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Citizen Kane would be a good recommendation, because 99% of people haven't seen it. Same for Jane Eyre. They are classics, but a recommendation from somebody whose taste you trust can push people over the fence on whether to read them / watch them.

lol

Jeb Lund and Poncho Martinez should be on more often

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Recommending famous classics instead of related genre media is really interesting and cool and not lazy and kind of pretentious, agreed 100%.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

He should have recommended some garbage Mario lovely platformer because apparently recommending video games for children is superior to recommending great books that people could have overlooked due to being unfairly perceived as boring.

:reddit: don't criticise my critics :reddit:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

says the guy who brought his lovely retarded criticism in the first place

I'm the one saying it's fine to say you don't like part of the podcast, you're the one saying that you can either recommend a famous classic OR FUCKINF SUPERJ MARIO.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

X-Ray Pecs posted:

If I remember from someone live-posting the book in another thread, the name "Sqweegel" comes from the sound he makes when he walks around in his body condom.

Anyone know what song plays during J's reading? It sounds familiar, but the midi-fication makes it hard for me to place.

Link?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Still stuck on skweegul tbh, just incredible.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HMS Boromir posted:

I listen to like 15 podcasts, I am not going to remember the name of a guest host that was on a single digit number of episodes.

badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Djeser posted:

Making fun of Amanda Palmer is for sweaty weirdos whereas I, the Something Awful goon who will defend her honor,

This is a fine post and in general I appreciate you