Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

To continue a discussion from the F-Plus thread: Have I just been running in weird circles or is Armor generally considered a minor classic of SF? Because I heard a lot of praise for that book over the years.

I even tried reading it myself, but got too annoyed and bored during the Jack Crow stuff to bother.

No, I've heard it recommended alongside other space war classics like The Forever War a number of times. Or maybe we both run in similar weird circles. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Is there some sort of secret handshake I'm supposed to make to get accepted into the Facebook discussion group?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Ag Bengip posted:

I just got accepted, goodbye! Is that allowed ITT

Yeah, me too. Guy must have just taken a FB break or something, no big deal.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Holy poo poo, this episode is great. The 1-2 punch of a Remote Control joke immediately followed by a Barry Manilow joke killed me.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

HMS Boromir posted:

I remember giving it a try a while ago and stopping when I realized I didn't really care about the bible. The hosts seemed real nice though.

I was the same way. I listened to the first episode and thought they sounded like good people but I just couldn't muster a single poo poo to give about their take on the Bible.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

padijun posted:

I somehow dodged the bullet on Ender's Game, should I read it? It's only 324 pages. I know you're Not Supposed to Read the Book, but I really enjoyed RPO for the exact reason J did: it's fun to scoff at dumb bullshit

No. It's not even good, "you're the chosen one," escapist fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Personally I'm enjoying the show featuring books that are "bad" because of poor execution, plot, characters, etc and not "bad" because they're by horrible people saying horrible things.