Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Hey everyone, I see a few threads about buying a house and house-related maintenance, but what about renting an apartment? To make a long story short, I have lived in a few different complexes over the years and increasingly often upon move out I am charged for bullshit that did not need to be replaced. I am about to move into a new complex next month, and after doing some research I found several people complaining that they were charged thousands of dollars to have the carpet replaced due to urine stains. I do have a small dog (she is an adult and very well trained, not a puppy), so I am concerned that when I move again in a few years I will be charged for the same bullshit. What can I do to mitigate the chances of this happening? What steps should I take to protect myself from any future bullshit that may come up?
I also want to open this up to other methods of protecting yourself from lovely landlords or any other apartment-related chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
The time stamped photos is good advice, thank you. Just to clarify, it wasn't friends of mine that got screwed over, just some reviews I read online. Some of them claimed that they didn't even own any pets and still got presented with photos of urine stains under a blacklight, which sounds awfully fishy to me.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Funnily enough, I am in Colorado! Not getting a deposit back is one thing, but I've heard horror stories of people getting charged thousands of dollars to replace the carpet. That is what I am wary of.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Oh poo poo, sorry about that. Thanks!

• Locked thread