Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That's the one. CHOPPERSCHOPPERSCHOPPERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

I didn't either it was just that we had to go to this loving conference and a co-worker asked to bum a cigarette.

My friend often jokes that we could try some meth now since we kicked smoking so we could probably handle anything else.

Also yeah get in shape for karting, I bought some weights over the winter and it still felt like I wasn't doing enough when I started back up in spring.
Out of every substance I've tried, quitting smoking was far and away the hardest.

One of the guys that is closest to me in racing ability also does provincial crossfit competitions and weighs bang on 155. If I am pushing myself to keep my momentum up I can stick to him in the corners but he just walks away from me on the straights. I'll probably only do like 1 more race this year, and focus on school and dropping 40lbs before getting a kart proper (only been renting them so far) and getting a key to the track for next year.

[edit]

Elmnt80 posted:

Because you've apparently never kicked an opium addiction. At least you can still function when withdrawing from nicotene.
I have not, no. Just parroting what I read.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 29, 2016

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Tekne posted:

What's the write up with Victory/Indian motorcycles? They seem to make a better alternative to Harley and without the lifestyle garbage.

The bikes are pretty cool but I had to laugh when my friend unzipped his jacket, which has the Indian logo across the chest, to reveal his t-shirt... with the exact same logo in the exact same place as the jacket.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I keep thinking I want a Grom. Small and slow enough to not be instant death, but still big and fast enough to get me to work.

Great looking little bikes too

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I keep thinking I want a Grom. Small and slow enough to not be instant death, but still big and fast enough to get me to work.

My favorite selling point on http://powersports.honda.com/2015/grom.aspx is "Real Motorcycle Features."

If that's so, where the hell is the side car? :colbert:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

While the Groms are cool - Kawasaki has officially thrown it's hat in the ring as well and it's better in every way. Team Green!

https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/z125-pro

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yea but for grom money you could get a DRZ 400SM. Groms are stupid prices around me for such a tiny bike. I'm 6'3" so I aint buying one either way but still.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Speaking of quitting, my wife and I hit 90 days of sobriety and we're doing a lot better. I wasn't really having any problems with alcohol but knew that she wouldn't get better if I was drinking around her so I stopped as well. Already lost a few pounds of beer love handles and feeling way healthier than I have in years.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

I'll be honest - I never before noticed that there was a wrong-side-up on the British flag.
You're not really meant to. It's a shibboleth of sorts. There's a sidenote about using it as a "quiet" distress signal, so the enemy won't notice, but the point is, if you beat the drum like Farage does, having it the wrong way up really is a massive, err, red flag. It's proper "I need a radiator for a 1972 Beetle" kind of thing in muppet-signalling terms.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Rhyno how did you get to know so many real winners in life?

Also how did you turn out to be seemingly okay in spite of it?

I dunno. I'm probably a bigger rear end in a top hat than I realize.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What's the point of a grom/z125 when you could just buy a ~125cc dirtbike and slap a road legal conversion kit on it?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Extra posted:

What's the point of a grom/z125 when you could just buy a ~125cc dirtbike and slap a road legal conversion kit on it?

Because depending on where you live, that doesn't make the bike road legal.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Extra posted:

In Alberta at least, unless the dirt bike is a dual sport from the factory they can never be plated for road use. Officially any way. Up here, you need insurance prior to getting your registration and no insurance company will insure a converted dirt bike unless the VIN is cleared from the manufacturer. Which they never are.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

BraveUlysses posted:

Speaking of quitting, my wife and I hit 90 days of sobriety and we're doing a lot better. I wasn't really having any problems with alcohol but knew that she wouldn't get better if I was drinking around her so I stopped as well. Already lost a few pounds of beer love handles and feeling way healthier than I have in years.

That's impressive. Congrats.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Extra posted:

By that thinking, why the hell would I buy either one of those when I could buy this majestic creature: http://modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/5653668508.html
Of course I'd also need to hit the Sanrio store post haste after taking ownership to slather Hello kitty stickers on it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

BraveUlysses posted:

Congrats!

I've walked away from nicotine, meth, caffeine, and coke... alcohol's the one I haven't really been able to get off my back.

Gonna try again soon, I keep telling myself.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Darchangel posted:

I'm always skeptical when my boss or management tell me I'm doing a good job, because I feel like I'm slacking most times. I'm not even up to my own standards...
Of course, the poo poo I AM proud of, don't mean squat to anyone else.

Hell, I know I'm slacking most of the time, and yet I get the best glowing reviews and performance awards, makes me realize just how terrible the average worker has to be.

About the only thing I'm really proud of is my little model ships, and sadly, that's not exactly something that will get me anywhere in this world, but it makes me happy, so whatever, I keep doing it even if it doesn't matter to anyone else.

BraveUlysses posted:

Awesome. Congratulations and keep it up!

The Locator fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 30, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I rode a scooter to work for awhile but said gently caress it after almost getting run over by a bus and hitting a giant Egret at full speed almost being impaled by it's spear of a beak. The novelty wore off pretty quick and it was back to driving.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I ride an old Harley Davidson and I can't stand the Harley crowd. They're so drat irritating.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
http://imgur.com/a/AcOcl

I can get this 59 ford c600 DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE for scrap value tomorrow. Guy posted an ad and is taking it to the scrapers Friday if no takers (he is for real owns a big rear end farm and wants it gone). How bad of an idea would this be? Goal would be to turn it into a vintage food truck. Thoughts?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
DO IT

And then put a Vortec under it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

kastein posted:

DO IT

And then put a Vortec under it.

Does anyone know how long these are? I have a backyard but I can't put like a semi size hunk back there. How would it relate to let's say a Ford Explorer in length and width? Yes I have googled

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Buying a non-running vintage big truck for cheap? Only a fool would do that. :v:

DO IT

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Also the guy says they are one piece rims anyone know if correct I could t ask him much he was out bailing hay when I called. I said the non explodey kind and he said yes. No title but it's pretty lax around here could prob get one fairly easily

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

everdave posted:

Does anyone know how long these are? I have a backyard but I can't put like a semi size hunk back there. How would it relate to let's say a Ford Explorer in length and width? Yes I have googled

probably 25' x 8'. think long box dually pickup, only square instead of wide rear fenders.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Powershift posted:

probably 25' x 8'. think long box dually pickup, only square instead of wide rear fenders.

Hmm that would exactly fit back behind my workshop but would destroy my wife's rose bushes in the process of getting it back there man she would be so pissed ha please someone tell me not to do this

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

leica posted:

I rode a scooter to work for awhile but said gently caress it after almost getting run over by a bus and hitting a giant Egret at full speed almost being impaled by it's spear of a beak. The novelty wore off pretty quick and it was back to driving.

Yeah, but aren't you in Florida? There are considerably fewer gigantic semi-aquatic birds to dodge up here :v:. Idiots in cars still abound, though.

I grew up around bikes but haven't ever had one of my own. Might happen, might not.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

everdave posted:

Also the guy says they are one piece rims anyone know if correct

Hard to tell from those pics but ask the tire size. If it's a 22.5 it's one piece, if it's 20" it's a multi piece wheel.

e;bike/scooterchat: I want a Ruckus

My commute requires me to hit 50mph readily, so I can't justify it but I think they're the coolest loving things and I want one
I could engine swap or hot rod the 49 but the idea of completely overhauling a vehicle so it can make my 12 minute trip to work seems a bit dumb.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 30, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yeah, but aren't you in Florida? There are considerably fewer gigantic semi-aquatic birds to dodge up here :v:. Idiots in cars still abound, though.

I grew up around bikes but haven't ever had one of my own. Might happen, might not.

Yeah I'm in FL. It was actually fun and i would love to ride a scooter/motorcycle to work every day but I just don't trust other idiot drivers (and birds) around here, I have a son that needs me, yadda yadda not worth it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

everdave posted:

http://imgur.com/a/AcOcl

I can get this 59 ford c600 DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE for scrap value tomorrow. Guy posted an ad and is taking it to the scrapers Friday if no takers (he is for real owns a big rear end farm and wants it gone). How bad of an idea would this be? Goal would be to turn it into a vintage food truck. Thoughts?

UNF.

loving do it.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Riding anything that isn't a sealed, climate controled box in traffic in Florida sounds like the most miserable experience. Enjoy those 90*, 90% humidity mornings! Enjoy literally choking on the air!

I do like to ride my bike when I can, but holy poo poo, I loose like 10lbs in sweat just pedaling around the neighborhood.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Car polished, all that built up wax is gone and it actually has a nice built up shine. My arm is only 75% dead since a friend joined me and took over wiping duty while I used an applicator for the polish.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not allowed to go home until midnight so I'm killing time with a movie.

Can you guys believe nobody wants to see the Independence Day sequel? I have the entire theater to myself.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nobody cares because Finding Dory

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Can you guys believe nobody wants to see the Independence Day sequel? I have the entire theater to myself.

That is one movie that I will be excited to pirate and I hate everything (my only joy besides my kids is drinking in the dark after they are asleep)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Also, no Will Smith or Welcome to Earf.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

It's got Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman though. That's like 2/3 of the good stuff of the original.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

A sequel no one asked for from a movie that was actually loving terrible outside of random destruction. Of course no one wants to see it

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

A sequel no one asked for from a movie that was actually loving terrible outside of random destruction. Of course no one wants to see it

Man I loved it but I also haven't seen it in 15 years so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

everdave posted:

Hmm that would exactly fit back behind my workshop but would destroy my wife's rose bushes in the process of getting it back there man she would be so pissed ha please someone tell me not to do this

If you really think this is going to happen, you're in the wrong drat forum.

Buy it and bob it.

• Locked thread