Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Honky Dong Country posted:

For anybody that was wondering that MTG doc is called Enter the Battlefield - Life on the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour. I fully intend to watch this tonight once I've drank a bunch of beer to get properly varnished first. I'm hoping it'll be hilariously peak nerd.

I'm getting a douche chill just thinking about it. And I'm going to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
next thing you know netflix is gonna be calling drake a netflix original

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

netflix should do a pure pwnage reboot imo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hulu does the same thing with "original series" by taking lovely international shows and airing them for americans like moone boy

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
there were literally two scenes i remember from bojack that were good and one of those scenes was only good because of how it paralleled a scene in a previous season

the rest was cringey and annoying as poo poo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im about to cancel my Hulu account because i dont watch anything on there anymore. the daily show sucks poo poo.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Nostratic posted:

I'm getting a douche chill just thinking about it. And I'm going to watch it.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same place. I think it'll be funny. Worst case it'll be terrible and I'll just switch over to the new season of Peaky Blinders.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

im about to cancel my Hulu account because i dont watch anything on there anymore. the daily show sucks poo poo.

I forgot that thing was even on anymore, I assume that guy hasn't gotten any better?

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

http://www.inquisitr.com/3153553/trevor-noah-experiences-another-low-ratings-week-on-the-daily-show/

good going ZOGEDY CENTRAL

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I like how in magic the gathering competitions you get disqualified if you don't have genuine cards, so you have to pay the stupid loving amount of money to get the card even though it makes no difference to the game at all

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Yeah but in the case of Bojack it's just poorly written so the drama comes off as forced and artificial, whereas the comic bits were actually clever and funny.
So it's Nurse Jackie?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
It's like, the first season or two has me gripped, edge of my seat.

Then I'm like, what the gently caress?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Kimmy Schmidt seems stupid at first but they really put in a lot of clever and super funny jokes and move on really quickly before anybody notices.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i like to watch star trek on netflecks

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

Kimmy Schmidt seems stupid at first but they really put in a lot of clever and super funny jokes and move on really quickly before anybody notices.

It's basically 30 rock. If you liked 30 rock youll prob like schmidt.

Hate the intro song though

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I tried watching this show, but the acting was just too stiff and the timing is off. It's like watching a really expensive table-read.

I, too, expect high brow humor from Ashton Kutcher. The show is funny and you read too far into what it is.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
Grace & Frankie is just amazing. The cast is just magical.

Also, not PRODUCED by Netflix, but an exclusive: Occupied. What a story writer they have there!

Although the "Russians are the bad guys" is a bit overplayed, the way they crafted it (right next door, lots of experience with petroleum products) is totally believable.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

You know, I remember when The Daily Show With Jon Stewart sucked.

FOR THREE loving YEARS!

Don't expect miracles overnight :derp:

That said, I've grown to really like Trevor and his mostly new cast. He's starting to lay down some impressive burn!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
people are way too hard on trevor noah like tehres no way anyone could have succeeded

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe
Besides, it's not like Trevor has to go things alone here. He has @Midnight to help guide the way.

http://www.thewrap.com/pub-chris-hardwicks-midnight-turned-trend-late-night-tv/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
wow @midnight hasnt been canceled yet?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

jBrereton posted:

So it's Nurse Jackie?

I would liken it to Scrubs since I haven't seen nurse jackie

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

wow @midnight hasnt been canceled yet?

it's the legit best part of comedy centrals nightly shows now, that's how bad Noah and Wilmore have become

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

drunkb posted:

I, too, expect high brow humor from Ashton Kutcher. The show is funny and you read too far into what it is.

Idk man. Hyde and Kelso were great in that 70s show. I never said high brow humour. The jokes were alright but it felt like everyone was reading their lines off of cue cards

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I watched trailer park boys while high and got an existential crisis

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I've been watching that Will Arnet show, Flaked. It received mediocre reviews and I didn't give it much of a chance initially but it starts getting insanely good starting with episode 4. I just watched episode 6 and holy poo poo this drama is insane.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

RVWinkle posted:

I've been watching that Will Arnet show, Flaked. It received mediocre reviews and I didn't give it much of a chance initially but it starts getting insanely good starting with episode 4. I just watched episode 6 and holy poo poo this drama is insane.

Yeah Flaked is actually decent which was an honest surprise to me.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

life and times of tim is the best show i dont care if its hbo

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I think Bojack Horseman is at its worst when it's satirical as it all feels hamfisted and at least slightly off the mark. The later episodes where it's more black comedy (Sappy melodrama? What?) are much better.

Lady Dynamite is just shrill and obnoxious, and not nearly as funny and clever as it thinks it is. It's like a Seth MacFarlane show that doesn't hate women.

I should probably watch that M:tG documentary but I feel bad enough about myself already.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 2, 2016

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

client posted:

bloodline is most brutally boring show i have ever seen. it's legit impressive.

Ya I am on episode 8 and gently caress all has happened, but I can't stop watching.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

rocket_man38 posted:

Ya I am on episode 8 and gently caress all has happened, but I can't stop watching.

Netflix provides so much accessibility that quality doesn't matter.

Gonna watch every episode of this bad show just because they're there. All of them. Wow, that was awful. Oh, hey, new season is out, let's watch that too.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Netflix provides so much accessibility that quality doesn't matter.

Gonna watch every episode of this bad show just because they're there. All of them. Wow, that was awful. Oh, hey, new season is out, let's watch that too.

The only one I did stop watching was that werewolf and vampire one with the x men chick and dee from bsg.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

vug posted:

better call saul is better than breaking bad

breaking bad was overrated as gently caress and should have ended at the end of season 3 or 4 when dude got blown up by wheelchair man

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

im gaye posted:

life and times of tim is the best show i dont care if its hbo

I loving love that show

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

Fun Shoe

City of Tampa posted:

it's the legit best part of comedy centrals nightly shows now, that's how bad Noah and Wilmore have become

I love the show.

If you ignore the obvious Twitter tie-in, the content is actually impressive (writers are top-notch).

And the "three comic competition against each other for fake points" really needed a rebirth after the fifty-billionth time they've revived Who's Line. There's only so many Wayne Brady musical numbers one can stomach in their lifetime!

I think Chris Hardwick is funny as gently caress, enough to go see his geeky rear end live show.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

The Hman posted:

HOW loving DARE they call trailer park boys an original series how about you poo poo ALL OVER my national heritage of DRINKING BEER IN RUN DOWN PLACES like a loving CANADIAN and say you made it up. trailer park boys was around before netflix was even a twinkle in a millenial's eye gently caress you netflix suck my balls

Aren't you people supposed to be polite?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Netflix is the only venue with the ballllls to facilitate Rob Schneider's long-overdue, triumphant return in Real Rob

I used to defend Arrested Development 4 like, "Well, you can't bring back an old show the same way because it will never live up to the memory - I'm impressed they were able to do what they did"

But then Trailer Park Boys comes back doing absolutely nothing differently from before and is still unbelievably funny.

So I don't know about you Arrested Development... When they introduced that new character "Perfecto?" I was like, "Oh man, I can't wait to find out what bullshit wordplay joke is comin outta that."

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
arrested developement seasons 1-4 are garbage hope this elps

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

The music in Peaky Blinders is what keeps it from being a great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Daredevil is probably the best Marvel comic thing.

• Locked thread