Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Recoome posted:

Wow if only there was a union for shopkeepers, distributors, and other allied employees.

If my union rep wasn't someone I've worked with, trusted, and known for years, I would've dropped my membership ages ago. Fuckin' SDA, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Well when you have a mass-shooting every day or so it's hard NOT to notice it.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

The radio's been pretty good about constantly airing "six above or twelve below" ads, but, uh, radio.

i ran out of cds to cycle through okay

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Holy hell I hadn't seen that guy's name in years. Fairly certain I worked with a couple people that used to know him within the company I was at at the time, and...well okay I guess nothing seems all that out of the ordinary from what I did hear of him. This is especially notable since one of those people was a magician.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

So wait are we supposed to be surprised that China won't listen to us about following UN declarations when we spend so much of our time flouting them ourselves?

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

China would ignore us (and the UN) on principle, regardless of what we have or haven't done.

Oh I know, I just found it amusing in that context.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

Seems a dumb time to make this dumb claim. Has anyone else checked their tax receipts yet, because the dole accounts for gently caress all on mine. I guess that question should really be posed to the media but lol the msm giving a gently caress about journalism or research

Of the total spent on welfare on my receipt, the unemployed bar is 7.7% of total welfare spending.

( $31 out of $402, i am poor )

( aged pension is 41% )

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Oh, whoops, my figures were based on 2014. THIS year's newstart cut is actually 7.5%. So, uh, lower.

Still amazing that, since Hockey started this receipt 'service', the government debt went from $257 billion in 2013 to $427 billion today. Can someone please smash these numbers into the media over and over again please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

It's kinda amazing how in a thread where almost every single person has had their avatar changed in many waves of right-wing butthurtery over the months, someone can still think they're uniquely tortured for getting an avatar change.

• Locked thread