Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Anidav posted:

I like how friendlyjordies recent videos have just devolved into him yelling at the camera.

To be fair as I read the news nowadays I end up just yelling at the screen with how loving brain dead everyone must be to keep believing this crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Hang on the election is fuckin' Friday?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

norp posted:

Hey guys, did you realise we have an election on Friday?

gently caress you buddy, don't scare me like that

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

You Am I posted:

No, it's Saturday because Australia kinda does it election day scheduling correctly, unlike the USA or UK who always love to have elections during weekdays

Huh, I never knew that. I knew in America it was widely stated that election days are impossible for everyone for some reason, but that would explain it. Thanks!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is this your first time voting Spudd?

Second or third time, I'm just an idiot baby who believes people too easily.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Labor voters I know are talking poo poo about Greens non-stop. Liberal voters I know are smug as gently caress and saying "Turnbull's gonna win" and nothing else.

And I'm under a blanket, afraid to come out and be bombarded by political ads.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Why are there so many parties I want to put last? It's not about me being undecided who to vote for, it's who I don't want my vote that's far more important.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So I was doing work for the dole earlier this year and I managed to get a job with only a month left on it. Woo! Problem is I lost my job 2 weeks ago and it turns out that all they do is freeze your progress, so even after a few months of work I need to finish doing my work for the dole.

Jesus Christ.

In good news though I am an awful human being and will be working for the census this year. I'm gonna know all your details.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Who in the gently caress... I am actually pissed off right now.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

July thread where???

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So I know I'm doing Greens first but I don't know who I hate the least to put second. Oh well I'm sure brain will think of something as I stare blankly at it.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I agree that children suck and we need to stop popping out babies but there needs to be a better way

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I did it, I voted but it was a God drat pain in the rear end though.

I voted to give the elderly hell.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So when do we know if we're killing ourselves or each other?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Death is certain?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Help please. Am drunk. Who won?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So I don't understand what's going on... Or is that how everyone feels? This whole fuckin' country is confusing.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So like... what even is happening anymore?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Serrath posted:

So what are the possible outcomes for marriage equality from this election outcome?

That will never happen. If they do that then parties lose a promise they can say at every single election. They'll just blame right-wing Liberals from holding it back and we will be asking for it forevermore.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Labor need help from the Greens, though, and the Greens want it more. Another Labor hung parliament might give it the best chance of success.

I guess I've just been disappointed with it constantly never passing so I'm just being cautious with the whole thing.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

If you need some alone time we'll understand.

But if it bothers you just block the image in adblock or turn off avatars.

I'm way ahead of you.

Also that's censorship.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

How do we still not have a government? It's weird being in this state of limbo. I wanna yell and blame something on our government but I can't, I'm just stuck here, sipping my whatever hipsters drink usually. Carrot juice, I presume.

Checking the AEC at the mo' and things are still basically neck and neck. It's nuts!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So death is certain?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

As a person working the census this year, and also doing door knocking afterwards, everyone is very much "Let's just wait and see how fast it explodes on the 9th"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Saw a news report saying their phoneline to request paper census forms was inundated and no one could get through. It'd be funny if they were completely overprepared for online traffic and underprepared for paper.

They really, really, really want people to do poo poo online. Trust me.

• Locked thread