Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm a stock photo model...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Maybe climate change is a good thing. Just enough so all the harbourside mansions sink into the sea.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Keep going i'm almost there.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

wombat74 posted:

Here's another view of the house with the collapsed swimming pool...

:wotwot: : What do you mean my pool fell off?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
While you morons are arguing about nuclear power for the millionth time, north sydney beach front property is falling into the ocean for the second night in a row.

quote:

PROPERTY owners on Sydney’s northern beaches are waiting anxiously for the worst of a nightmare storm to pass while their homes teeter agonisingly close to falling into the ocean.
A second king tide in two days is expected to smash into the shore at Collaroy and Narrabeen after huge waves caused massive coastal erosion.
Photographs at first light on Monday showed significant damage to a number of properties.
Meteorologist Phil Perkins said the king tide will peak at 9pm “with the main window of threat” between 6pm and midnight.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
RIP all those people burnt to a crisp by solar panels.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

wombat74 posted:

Yeah, I didn't even touch on dunal systems (other than obliquely in my comment about GC being a snapshot of everything wrong with coastal management). Australia's obsession with coastal living has royally hosed up massive chunks of the coastline we pretend to love. I grew up in Gosford and back in Ye Olde Dayse the system was already screwed up in a near unbroken line from The Entrance to Avoca. And it's only gotten worse (although I was last there 10 years ago, I shudder to think how bad it is now).

And the scourge of canals hit the Coast too - check out St Huberts Island just over the water from Woy Woy. They cleared the bush & mangroves on the island and build McMansions & Canals. Madness.

The only positive I'm taking from this whole shitstorm is remembering, after 20 years, how much I enjoyed the environmental science aspects of my Geology degree and a germ of an idea of going back to do an Enviro Science degree forming in the back of my head

Now tell us about concrete cancer.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Does greg jennett remind anybody else of a chicken?

Oh god can't unsee.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Oh yeah they police probably already collected it. but if not and if anyone's passing through flinders st station, see if there's the remains of a white iphone on track 1/2 near the food kiosk and grab a picture for me.

Memorieeees.

Also is "I RESIST YOU! I RESIST YOU" some dumbfuck sovereign citizen poo poo or in some idiot racist legal mumbo jumbo bullshit? Because he was yelling that throughout the whole thing.

ABBA fan?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

http://www.afr.com/real-estate/council-and-government-should-have-put-the-seawall-up-residents-20160607-gpdqmq

I started bolding parts, but it just turned into one of those "bold the whole thing" exercises.

One of those rare circumstances where I sympathize more with the Insurance company.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
gently caress LibertyCat, give me a ponytar.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The democrats suck.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

The opposition on Friday announced it would tie the higher education indexation program to the consumer price index.

But it already is?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Paramedics put PM’s name in too-hard basket as patients fail test

AUSTRALIA’S turnstile of prime ministers has been deemed too confusing for the community, with the question being dropped from procedures to assess sick and injured patients.

While Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull arrives in Brisbane today to visit the marginal seat of Beenleigh, he may not be pleased to know that many of his constituents don’t know who he is.

Emergency workers evaluating a patient’s level of consciousness would once ask who the prime minister was to assess their mental alertness.

But with the nation watching the rise and fall of five prime ministers in as many years, some paramedics are avoiding the question.

Greg Abood has worked as a paramedic on the Sunshine Coast for almost three decades and said he chose to forego the tricky political question about 12 months ago.

“We would ask patients that question because it gave us an idea of their conscious level and ability to recall events,” Mr Abood said. “But the country’s prime ministers are changing so often, it’s no longer a good indication of their mental status.”

Mr Abood once asked a patient to name the prime minister, only to be told: “I haven’t watched the news today.”

He said: “I’ve resorted back to asking them what they had for their previous meal. It’s a much safer question.”

Queensland Nurses Union secretary Beth Mohle said she was aware of reports the question was being used less by health professionals.

“Even those who are in full control of their faculties might have difficulties keeping up with who’s who in the zoo these days,” Ms Mohle said.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the wide variety of patients who were attended to meant guidelines on questions weren’t possible.

“Often it is more appropriate to ask a question that’s relevant to other current events or within the ‘lifestyle’ of the patient attended,” the spokesman said.

“It is important to remember that an accurate assessment of a patient’s level of consciousness is far more detailed than just the recollection of a fact or name.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...2d332f866367c6a

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Election 2016: Greens' dummy spit over preferences as unedifying as it is hypocritical

Greens leader Richard Di Natale's dummy spit over Liberal preferences flowing to Labor was as unedifying as it was hypocritical.

And it proved that when you scratch the surface, the Greens can be just like the major political parties.

Yes, Senator Di Natale was right to say that the Liberals putting Labor ahead of his party was always the most likely outcome.

And yes, it's understandable the Greens leader – who has taken a few knocks this campaign as personal scrutiny has rightly increased – is disappointed with the decision because it will set his party back.

For example, the Greens' only lower house MP, Adam Bandt, picked up the seat of Melbourne at the 2010 federal election because he received Liberal preferences.

In 2013, the Greens would have picked up the seat of Batman if that arrangement had held and it will now be much tougher for the Greens to dislodge the accident prone Labor MP David Feeney.

In Wills, Grayndler and Sydney, Greens hopes are just about dashed.

But that's about as far as it goes.

The Liberal Party's decision to back Labor in the inner city has three dividends for Malcolm Turnbull; it allows the Prime Minster to take a "principled" stand against the "extreme" Greens; it allows him to wedge Labor, who cannot and will not put the Liberals ahead of the Greens in every electorate; and, it will please the Coalition's conservative base.

For Labor, it likely means it will hold its shaky inner city seats – at least for another term – and that the ALP can switch focus to Labor-Liberal contests.

Labor has already said it will back Liberals ahead of the Nationals in three three-cornered contests as a quid pro quo, and it may go further and back the Liberals ahead of Nick Xenophon candidates in South Australia, too – saving Jamie Briggs and even perhaps Christopher Pyne.

Deal making is alive and well in politics

Deal making is alive and well in politics. For Senator Di Natale to pretend otherwise – he claimed he had had "no discussions with the Liberal Party" and "no discussion with the Labor Party about preferences" – defies credibility.

Mr Bandt claimed, incredibly, that "this is the day that Labor sold their soul".

Sadly, he did not clarify whether he had sold his soul in 2010 when elected by the Liberal preferences he railed against on Sunday.

Senator Di Natale's claim is the political equivalent of a bait-and-switch; of course he hasn't been in those preference discussions.

That's what the party machine men and women who negotiate these complex preference deals do. And yes, the Greens get down and dirty like everyone else.

In fact, the Greens believed they had a good chance of winning Liberal preferences in their target inner-city seats – in exchange for damaging the ALP by running open preference tickets in the outer suburbs to boost the Liberals – as recently as last Wednesday.

In reality, Senator Di Natale's sad Sunday jeremiad was an exercise in hypocrisy; the Greens leader condemned a deal that just days earlier his party had hoped to break their way, not Labor's.

Oh, and it's still very likely that Labor and the Greens will, in the end, preference each other in the Senate in the hope of boosting the number of progressive voices.

Will Senator Di Natale condemn his own party for doing that deal with Labor, if that's how the cards fall in the Senate?

Don't hold you breath.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/fed...612-gphaqu.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Snod. posted:

I got a call asking me how I felt about Ipswich, is this the next major election issue?

Ipswich sucks

Major Developments
The population of Ipswich is projected to grow from its current 190,125 to 435,000 by 2031, which will require an additional 118,000 dwellings.
Our city is growing rapidly, buoyed by an increasing influx of new, successful businesses eager to take advantage of all the opportunities that a dynamic city has to offer.
The continuance of strong economic growth in the city will be driven by major developments and initiatives such as:-
New gas-fired power station at Swanbank
Ipswich CBD redevelopment
Amberley RAAF Base expansion
Extension of the rail line from Richlands to Springfield
Coles supermarket redevelopment - the largest in Qld (CBD)
Springfield Lakes & Springfield Town Centre
Stage 2 of the Orion Shopping Centre
Ripley Valley Residential Development
Ipswich Medical Precinct
Citiswich
Swanbank Enterprise Park
Synergy Park
Ebenezer Industrial Area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Guys, I just had a thought today.

What if the Brexit causes a recession in Britain, which leads to significant ASX losses which leads to Labor wins?

I know it's a long shot but man, I can imagine the guy who thought "yeah let's have an election after the UK referendum" to get his rear end beat.

But Malcolm Turnbull is a political genius guys.

• Locked thread