Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

iajanus posted:

Surprising to see reporters doing their jobs for once.

can you summarize that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’

Wow, I had no idea this was a thing that he said.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

You didn't even turn that ball into a gag

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Lizard Combatant posted:

poo poo! Gimme a sec...

e:

better?

noice

ewe2 posted:

The safety word is "schmackos".

lol

In other news, have a bit more fuel for the fire:

quote:

When the Reserve Bank of Australia cut interest rates last month there was always a risk that it might reinflate the housing bubble. It was a risk the central bank was prepared to take.

But a new spike in prices over the past month suggests the housing soufflé has started to rise yet again.

The unexpected leap in the value of homes has taken the annual growth rate to 10 per cent across the board and to more than 13 per cent in Sydney and Melbourne, according to CoreLogic's home value index. And it has taken the median dwelling price in Sydney to $782,000 and in Melbourne to $590,000.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/comment-and-analysis/house-prices--the-souffle-is-rising-again-20160601-gp8zof.html

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

starkebn posted:

LNP are the best at economic management

It's going to be a hoot when we lose our AAA credit rating on their watch.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

lmao

quote:

The sharp rise in the construction of new apartments may be the catalyst for a "dramatic and destabilising" end to the current housing boom, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development has warned.

"Domestically, the unwinding of housing market tensions to date may presage dramatic and destabilising developments, rather than herald a soft landing," said the OECD in its latest report.

The Paris-based think tank also says federal election jitters are adding to Australia's economic concerns, and has called for an increase in the goods and services tax.

The record number of apartments due for completion in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane over the next 18 months already has real estate industry insiders concerned.

Failed settlements are cropping up as a major concern, especially at a time when the banks are tightening credit, meaning buyers who paid a 10 per cent deposit two years ago and are relying on a 90 per cent loan to fill out the rest of the purchase, may now have to pay more.

While house prices surged in May, research firm Core Logic has said the current rises will not last, as regulators tighten lending standards.

"Recent data from APRA highlights that interest-only lending is now at its lowest level since March 2013 and new mortgages with a loan to value ratio to higher than 90 per cent are at the lowest reading since March 2011," said Tim Lawless, head of research at CoreLogic recently.

The OECD's warning comes alongside a graph, showing house prices plateauing and private dwelling approvals sinking from a peak.

The housing market faces considerable difficulties, amid a period of stricter regulation on lending coupled with record-low interest rates prompting more and more people to borrow.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Anyone have any thoughts on how the Brexit vote might affect our election? It could certainly be a trigger for the global economy to poo poo itself again if nothing else.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Also it turned out that thing the LNP said wouldn't happen is actually happening.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/workplace-relations/chafta-has-opened-door-to-unqualified-workers-20160602-gpajfz.html

RIP jobs

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Why don't we just seal the stuff in concrete and steel and dump it in a deep part of the ocean? If you design the container right it should bury itself pretty deep in the sediment.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

up up UP!

quote:

After banks put the brakes on lending to property investors in 2015, several are now easing off the pressure and trying to spur on more borrowing among buyers who drove the recent housing boom.

The changes are intended to lift banks' loan growth after a regulatory crackdown, but economists also say stronger lending to property investors could create new risks, amid signs house prices are heating up again.

In what mortgage brokers say is a clear trend, several banks have recently shown a greater willingness to lend for property investment.

Westpac, the country's biggest lender to landlords, this week began allowing customers to include the tax benefits from negative gearing in their loan assessments, unwinding changes made last year, and last month it started accepting smaller deposits from investors.

Bank of Queensland last month raised its maximum loan to valuation ratio (LVR) for investors to 90 per cent, from 80 per cent, a change that allows investors to have smaller deposits.

Australia's biggest credit union, CUA, also lifted its maximum LVR to 85 per cent, from 70 per cent.

Other banks are using the other big "lever" at their disposal to ramp up growth – price.

Fixed rate cuts
Lenders including Bankwest, ME and UBank have cut three-year fixed rates for investors below 4 per cent, and brokers say lenders including Commonwealth Bank are prepared to offer discounts of up to 1.5 per cent off their advertised interest rates.

The changes follow a near halving in housing investor credit growth, from a peak of 11 per cent a year in 2015 to 6.5 per cent, after the banking regulator capped growth in this market at 10 per cent a year.

"Banks don't want to miss the market," said chief executive of Mortgage Choice, John Flavell.

"If the market has come off a bit for investors, and it has done, then you can turn around and moderate your policies and your pricing to get your loan growth up towards your cap.

"And that's exactly what's happened. But it's for Australian income-earning investors, not those overseas."

APRA's cooling move
A boom in lending to housing investors was a key factor behind fears of an overheating housing market in Sydney and Melbourne in recent years, which prompted the 10 per cent cap from the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.

To comply with the cap, banks slashed how much they would lend borrowers through tougher rules on deposits, borrower income, and by charging investors higher interest rates.

Head of product at CUA, Mark Petty, said its changes were aimed at lifting growth up closer towards 10 per cent, though investor lending only accounts for about a quarter of its home lending. Other lenders have made similar changes, he says.

"Clearly they have managed down their balance growth to below 10 per cent, in accordance with APRA's direction, and they are seeing opportunities to grow again," Mr Petty said.

Competition resumes
Managing director of mortgage broker Homeloanexperts.com.au, Otto Dargan, said several lenders, including Commonwealth Bank, had become more competitive in their home loan pricing for investors in recent months, by offering lower interest rates.

These lower interest rates are not always publicly promoted, but can include discounts off the standard variable rate for investors of up to 1.5 per cent.

"The name of the game is to get as close to the 10 per cent APRA target without going over it," Mr Dargan said.

However, the banks' change in tack comes as house price growth has returned, with figures this week showing Sydney prices jumped 3.6 per cent in May, and 1.6 per cent in Melbourne.

If the growth continues, APRA and the Reserve Bank may need to consider lowering the 10 cent cap on investor credit growth, some economists say.

Too cautious?
AMP Capital chief economist Shane Oliver said APRA's 10 per cent cap appeared "quite excessive in the scheme of things" when compared with the much slower growth in household incomes.

Stronger growth in housing investor lending, which was suggested by recent housing finance approvals, would be a concern because household debt and house prices are already at very high levels, he said.

When there are also fears of an apartment glut in some inner-city areas, Dr Oliver said the prospect of looser credit standards and stronger growth in housing investor debt amplified the potential for serious problems to emerge, if there was a slump in house prices.

"The higher prices are when that occurs, then the greater the risk is of a sharp destabilising fall," he said.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/banks-reopen-the-door-to-property-investors-20160602-gp9r5o.html

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

quote:

...when it comes to trade and, in particular, reliance on China, that's the territory in which we find ourselves.

Almost 35 per cent of our export trade is dominated by just one country. Of that, most consists of just one commodity: iron ore.

So much for that modern agile economy

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Responses like this is why I (slightly) prefer Uber to the taxi industry:
http://www.theage.com.au/technology/smartphone-apps/uber-driver-harasses-two-gay-female-passengers-in-melbourne-20160606-gpcewo.html

I reckon if that had been a taxi driver there would've been a nothing statement about how they condemn the drivers behaviour but are unable to identify him.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Can much be done about that other than putting in a big rockwall? They had to do that down here at Somers and there isn't any beach at high tide, the water comes right up to the rocks. I'll be funny when the insurance companies stop insuring properties like this because of climate change.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Stoca Zola posted:

Phone posting but wtf greens is this real? "This morning we announced our plan to put solar panels on the rooftops of every household and every business."

Aren't photovoltaic panels still fairly environmentally damaging to manufacture (silicon tetrachloride) and increasingly panels are made in the countries less likely to look after the environment and their workers? Has that changed? What happens years from now when the panels wear out and need replacing? Can you recycle them (apparently yes if the facilities are available) or does this policy generate a huge pile of trash for future people to worry about? It's a problem if they aren't considering the full life cycle of the panels.

I've always believed in centralised large scale power generation so that repair, maintenance and end of life site clean up aren't the direct responsibility of the homeowners. Solar thermal for example. Putting panels on every roof seems like an incredibly inefficient way to do it. Maybe that's part of the plan though, this inefficiency creates more work for more installers and more maintenance jobs for post installation panel cleaners, recycling facilities etc?

I'm interested if there is any evidence that they've thought this through.

Rooftop solar isn't perfect for the reasons you've given, but it's a hell of a lot better than burning coal. It sounds like a populist policy (Reduce your BILLS!!!) that also white ants the existing coal fired generators which are already under massive pressure from renewable energy. If they'd come out and said they wanted to spend the same amount of money on a couple of large scale renewable energy projects it would probably be met with derision but rooftop solar subsidies have a chance of being supported by some of the other parties.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Whats the current price (including construction costs) per MW over say 20 years of nuclear power compared to something like wind or solar power?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

The long wind up time for nuclear is mostly a result of regulatory issues and waste isnt an issue with breeder reactors. I dont think renewables are ever going to be able to meet the worlds power demands, at least not in the next few decades. Of the feasible options nuclear looks the least horrible imo. More people died as a result of the evacuation of fukushima than would have had they stayed.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/22/science/when-radiation-isnt-the-real-risk.html?smid=tw-nytimesscience&smtyp=cur&referer=

The trouble is a nuclear power plant will take at least a decade to build and as others have said, regulations when it comes to radioactive material are not a bad thing. What does nuclear power cost per MW once you take into account the construction costs and costs of storing waste?

Renewable energy already makes up a large part of some countries energy. There isn't some technological hurdle everyone needs to overcome. The technology exists, we just need to invest in it. The more people take it up, the cheaper it gets for everyone. Not only that, but more investment will lead to an increase in R&D which should lead to further reductions in price and increases in efficiency.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Really explanatory picture here. I had a passionate geography teacher in my late-70's high-school, so we learnt a lot about the geomorphology of beaches, took trips to Surfers and the northern beaches to learn precisely these issues. Saw the useless rock walls, etc, learnt about the prevailing wind/currents, the use of the sandbar, and the ecology of the beach from the waters edge back into the hinterland.

What hasn't been pointed out by learned wombat74, is look where the buildings are. Right on the first dune. Guess what keeps the beach from collapsing? Yup. Guess what mistake has been made right the way up to Surfers? Yup.

The first dune is part of the beach's integrity, it's not just the sand it's the vegetation that holds it together and protects it against being disrupted. If it's compromised and you get king/storm tides like this, you get that, every time. You've essentially made a line between the dune and the beach and the beach goes with the wind/waves and takes a swipe out of the dune as it goes.

Notice to the north of the picture where the dune is more intact, and there's still beach? Never build on the first dune. On some beaches north of Brisbane and even down here in Victoria, they fence off the first dune to stop people destroying it with random paths. You can't plan for king/storm tides. They'll happen randomly every 30-40 years, maybe sooner. You can only avoid loving up the beach in the first place, or learn this expensive lesson.

Mate I don't think you understand how much the first dune real estate it worth. Besides, what if it blocks the ocean views if we just build apartments behind it? You gotta think about the bigger picture here.

gay picnic defence fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 6, 2016

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Zenithe posted:

I had a look last time this was mentioned and couldn't find anything to support it and have yet to hear it outside this thread. Was there some report done into nuclear viability in Australia or something?

It stems from an article posted ages ago about the logistics of building a nuclear reactor. Apparently there is only a couple of factories on earth that are big enough to build the containment vessel for a reactor and there is a 10 year waiting list there.

I had a quick look and could only find references to a 3 year waiting list for the reactor vessels, but I guess if you add the search for a suitable location, the politicking and construction you'd be looking at around 10 years.

https://www.oecd-nea.org/news/press-kits/economics-FAQ.html

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

ewe2 posted:

That was precisely the Gold Coast developers argument before they did a quick getaway with the cash. See also every coastal developer ever. This led to the godawful canals once the beachfront had been hosed up.

Aren't those canals a prime habitat for bull sharks now?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Pickled Tink posted:

Several kittens are missing because they are very sick.

They're probably sick of you posting first dog on the moon all the loving time.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

open24hours posted:

It shouldn't really be legal to buy and sell property, or at least residential property, that can't be insured. Either the government should become an insurer of last resort, or they should be zoned so people can't live there. It's in no one's interest to have people losing their houses.

This would be a whole lot easier if councils and state governments were empowered to not cave in to the whims of property developers.

There was a similar case out of Melbourne where a bunch of houses were built in unsuitable areas on reactive clay and all the houses started crack. You can discuss insurance until the cows come home but ultimately there are experts and scientists who know about the risks associated with building in certain areas, the system just doesn't allow them to make the final decision.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/thousands-of-suburban-home-owners-facing-financial-ruin-20140607-39q4z.html

Recoome posted:

What? TONY ABBOT is evolving!

Congratulations! Your TONY ABBOT evolved into a MALCOLM TURNBULL!

Someone could add the next few Prime Ministers to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVHSDz1y0s

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Shakugan posted:

As hilarious as it is to see global warming denying rich asshats get their comeuppance, this thread is being a bit ridiculous with all the "OBVIOUSLY THAT WOULD HAPPEN! WHY DID THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE THERE? DIDN'T THEY READ THEIR HOUSING DOCUMENTS???" as if every (or even a moderate sized minority of) beachfront property ends up getting destroyed by erosion (hint: doesn't happen).

You can be a poo poo person but still be correct that you weren't properly made aware of the risks, and the real problem is the insurance agents who'll insure for certain types of damages but not other? Cause really "oh we only pay out for water damage from the sky, not water damage from the ground" is some serious bullshit.

Sorry about your house dude

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Are any of those parties actually trying to ban guns or make it harder to get them, or is this just about that one specific type of shotgun with a big magazine that apparently everyone needs to have?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Anidav posted:

Didn't someone post a theory that the ALP doesn't want government when the housing bubble pops?

That might have been me. I reckon they'd be quite happy to have the Libs try to negotiate the fallout of a financial meltdown with a hung parliament.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

What's the deal with the CFA EBA that's got the volunteers up in arms? Pissing them off doesn't seem like a sensible move seeing as they make up a large number of our firefighters. Does less volunteers (if a lot of them resign as is already happening according to The Age) mean the paid firefighters have a stronger negotiating position in the future or something?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Too bad they can't kick all the fundie christians into to sea as well

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Omar Mateen's emphatically brutal attack at an Orlando gay venue lends itself to multiple readings, depending on your politics and world view. At the time of writing I'm trying to get my head around a report the American-born Mateen, a father of one, had used a gay dating app and visited the Pulse nightclub about a dozen times. Apparently he reconnoitred for his lethal mission a little too thoroughly.

Maybe the deadliest mass shooting in American history stems from one man's repressed homoerotic desire and self-hatred. We cannot play amateur psychologist – precisely how dark forces coalesce in the mind of any individual is unknowable. But we must vigorously reject the gay-hating radical Islamist ideology in whose name he acted, by at the very least naming it ourselves without the exercise sounding like verbal torture, the words squeezed out like pellets.

This Islamist ideology has a pathological obsession with sex and what it regards as the West's decadent influence in all things carnal – sex slaves being sanctioned by scripture – with gay liberation among its most conspicuous targets. Such is the overt marketing pitch of Islamic State, whose hooded warriors don't simply toss gays from tall buildings, they boast of the fact by sticking the footage on the internet.

Ever the literalists, IS reportedly base this punishment on claims the Prophet Muhammad said gays "should be thrown from tremendous height then stoned". By contrast the more liberal regimes in Iran and Saudi Arabia are occasionally content to swap the death penalty for a simple flogging.

You don't need me to argue the Islamic world needs a sexual revolution, that incrementalism is a pipe dream after decades of great leaps backwards in the status of women, not to mention queers.

Muslim feminist dissidents such as Mona Eltahawy and Seyran Ates, and crusading former Muslims such as Ayaan Hirsi Ali make the case authoritatively.

And I'm old enough to remember a time when the issue was only of passing academic interest and arguably not really my business. But that was before al-Qaeda, its successors and freelance affiliates went global, exporting the mores of the caliphate to the West and drawing recruits from among us.

Bombing the barbarians from the air is the easy part: winning the battle of ideas on the ground is another thing entirely. Mounting a coherent and nuanced argument in favour of sexual liberation and tolerance, flummoxes the very people most qualified for the task.

In the wake of Orlando, Florida Senator Marco Rubio said if the attack was inspired by "radical Islamic ideology" it is not surprising gays would be targeted in this horrifying way, "and I think it's something we'll have to talk about some more".

The centre of gravity having shifted so radically in the G.O.P, Rubio these days counts as a soaking wet; beyond him a chorus of Republican hardliners spew anti-gay incitement about homosexuality as diabolical perversion. Yet on his own admission Rubio would stack the Supreme Court to oppose same-sex marriage and reverse the President's executive orders banning discrimination against LGBTI employees of federal contractors and the US government.

Closer to home, this week a British-born Islamic cleric Farrokh Sekaleshfar visiting Sydney was outed as having responded three years ago to a question about homosexuality by saying, death is a compassionate sentence for homosexuality and we should "get rid of them now".

He claims the remarks had been taken out of their "academic and theoretical context". The loudest critic of the decision to grant a visa to this "Islamic hate preacher" allegedly advocating death to homosexuals is Cory Bernadi, who famously linked same-sex marriage with bestiality.

Yet, perversely, the political right is also home to leaders such as Jens Spahn, the gay German conservative tipped to succeed Angela Merkel, who two years ago warned there must be no compromise with Islamism because "I don't ever want to experience another attack or insults when I walk through Berlin hand-in-hand with my boyfriend".

Every logical impulse dictates that anti-conservatives – torch bearers for the social revolutions of the 1960s and 70s – should be at the frontline of the ideological battle against medieval sexual persecution. But at their worst, in Europe, progressives cave in to radical Islam by acquiescing to gender segregated spaces in swimming pools, beaches and universities, and disowning heretics like Hirsi Ali.

Canadian Muslim lesbian Irshad Manji, warns that by giving rights to cultures, not just to individuals, we wind up giving more power to those who are already powerful within certain communities. "The next time you're told you must respect such and such a custom," she says, "ask yourself, 'What does my respect for this custom do for the most vulnerable in that community?'"

Christian homophobes are rightly and frequently attacked; Islamic homophobes disappear into Barack Obama's amorphous "violent extremists". Progressives need to find the intellectual dexterity to conceive of Muslims as both victims and perpetrators of dangerous bigotry, to shelve Western guilt enough to grasp the historical imperative of winning the fight against radical Islam.

After Orlando, TV news satirist John Oliver said: "For the record I will happily embrace a latin night in a gay nightclub in the theme park capital of the world as the ultimate symbol of what is truly wonderful about America." Amen to that.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Anidav posted:

Media is calling Tony Jones a Labor spokesman and saying Turnbull channelled his inner Howard on QnA????

Did the media watch the same episode?!

Are Labor as ruthless as the LNP as far as playing favourites with the media goes? Maybe they're afraid that they'll miss out on some leak or exclusive if they aren't seen to be sucking on Mal's cock enthusiastically enough.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Theoretically, wouldn't direct democracy solve problems like this?

Your average voter is more progressive than you'd think, they just vote Liberal because they are "better for the econony."

Which is why we need a huge recession to take place on their watch to correct the public perception.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Psychologist Paul Stevenson, whom the Australian government awarded an Order of Australia for his work counselling victims of the Bali bombings, had undertaken 14 deployments to Nauru and to Manus Island in Papua New Guinea. He was due to return to Nauru on Thursday.

But after he spoke publicly to the Guardian about his experiences working within Australia’s offshore detention regime – describing conditions in the camps as “demoralising … and desperate” – he was told his contract had been summarily cancelled.

PsyCare, the company through which he was employed to provide counselling to guards working in offshore detention, informed him by email his employment had been terminated.

Stevenson said the news was not unexpected. “But the public needs to hear about the consequences people face for speaking out, and to understand the level they go to in minimising access.”

Previous whistleblowers, such as the former International Health & Medical Services director of mental health Dr Peter Young, have also faced serious ramifications for advocating for better care of those held in immigration detention. Police accessed Young’s phone records because he had been critical of the detention regime.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

MC Eating Disorder posted:

honestly as much as I'd like the "LNP are good for the economy" myth to get busted and busted hard its basically a religious mantra at this point and nobody who seriously believes it is gonna blame the LNP instead of LABOR WASTE

I'm not sure that would wash if it takes place in the second term of an LNP government.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Seagull posted:

it's still mind boggling that of all things labor won't flip on instantly for the popular vote is letting gay folks get married

The working class isn't very socially progressive.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Can you imagine how undeservedly smug Abbott would feel if the libs lost and Turnbull lost his seat?

I don't know if undeservedly is the right word. Him and his right wing powerbrokers seem to have Turnbull by the short and curlies which is a big part of Turnbull's loss of popularity so Abbott has every reason to be smug.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Granite Octopus posted:

Queensland worst state etc, but I didn't know the states could just dip into the super funds to pay down debt? I'm not particularly educated in these matters so pls ignore if this is old news. Still, it seems awfully risky, though I guess it won't matter since the boomers will have started to die off before the funds go into deficit.

Just a temporary measure until the antibiotic superbugs do their thing

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Cartoon posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/greens-outline-their-demands-in-the-event-of/7535720

This is smart politics. Even dyed in the wool National supporters want this. To use a casting vote position to force a clean up is exactly what the Democrats promised to do but never delivered. If the Greens pull this off they will require a gently caress up of Meg Lees proportions to ever lose third party status.

Hopefully NXT make a similar demand as I can see those changes benefiting them too.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

There was someone from one of the banks saying that they reckon another 50,000 jobs are going to be lost in the mining sector in the next couple of years too.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

In case anyone fells like watching a global financial crisis take place in real time:
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

On this day my welsh ancestry shames me. Unless maybe they realise how hosed brexit will be and are prepared to sacrifice themselves to cast down the evil English

They probably know they can vote to leave the UK and rejoin the EU if the UK leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Anidav posted:

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull says Coalition MPs will still be able to vote against gay marriage, even if voters back it in a plebiscite.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull says Coalition MPs will still be able to vote against gay marriage, even if voters back it in a plebiscite.

loving lol

Presumably this means MPs can vote for gay marriage if voters reject it in a plebiscite

• Locked thread