Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Let's hope NXT voters keep on replacing Pyne with NXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So, you'd pronounce the party name Allah?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How about just all of the Lib seats?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Google maps'd it. Laffo. Looks like every property in the gold coast is a river front property. Sunshine Coast has a bit of that going on too. Delfin was a let down when I got to that.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Are the LNP actually campaigning at Flinders station?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

People who live in Sand Castles shouldn't ignore the tide.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

IIRC, they would have had the risks outlined and the seawall option outlined too in the sale contract according to the council.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Pretty sure proceeds of crime are forfeit to the state already.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Police take running with scissors very seriously.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Change ballot papers to circles, with text aligned along the radius such that there is no first position.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How do you target pre poll voters via sms?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd consider voting for the Wayne Australia Party.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

http://www.theshovel.com.au/political-compass/

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

1 HOWISON, Lyndal Labor Communications Manager

2 AUGUST, John Peter Pirate Party Australia IT Contractor

3 ALICK, Justin The Greens Humanitarian

4 WORSLEY, Julie Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group) Retired

5 GORDON, Christopher The Arts Party Composer

6 ALEXANDER, John Liberal Member of Parliament

7 MULCARE, Martin Independent Business Adviser

Edit: John Peter, Pirate Party, picked a peck of pickled peppers.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Does anywhere have a good printable lower house/senate ballots? I want to write up my voting plan but the aec doesn't have what I'm after. There was that site for the last election that (or the one before it) that let you practice and print. Is that up for the current election?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

starkebn posted:

both senate.io and belowtheline.com are not going to be up for this election. The ABC website by Antony Green is alright though - http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/guide/electorates/

Doesn't have the ballot format I was looking for.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I ended up copying and pasting the candidate list from the AEC website into word and printing it out 4 pages per sheet. Started crossing out all the parties that won't get my preference.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

One Nation has Animal Justice Party as their 3rd preference. Is there something about these animals I don't know about?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

I was curious and checked out the AJPs website, but all their policies are dedicated to the animal justice focus. I could hazard a guess that they are both aligned on keeping Australia's population growth down. I doubt One Nation is pro-vegan though.

The Animal Justice Party may also be the only party with a dedicated wombat policy.

Sold!

And my original post was a joke about how all the right wingers preference other right wingers with innocuous sounding names to the unfamiliar. I'm pretty sure it's just "Yeah, animals are cool and good".

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I should have said:

Mob justice parties are preferencing the animal justice party.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Vote maybe.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Liberals paid Negligent.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The pirate party for the NSW senate are in group R.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

QUACKTASTIC posted:

how arrpropriate

pre-emptive: hi hungry, my name is QUACKTASTIC

Yeah, I was going through the ballot with my partner and she burst out laughing when I got to the pirates and their ticket. She reckons it was intentional.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ten Becquerels posted:

Corner shop is having a closing down sale, guess the uptick in business they got by protesting on the roof wasn't enough :smith:

I don't understand British politics well enough to comment on them leaving, but it'll be interesting to see how leaving the EU is going to turn out for Britain, since it's already made a lot of people very nervous and they haven't even started the actual process of leaving. Already the British Pound has fallen by 10%+ just off the back of the result of the vote, look at this poo poo:

I'm kind of surprised that Turnbull confirming that MPs aren't bound by the result of the plebiscite is news. Of course he's going to let Coalition MPs vote how they like, then he can't be blamed for the result since at least some part of the Coalition is going to pissed about it either way.

You can look at that graph and track the progress of the vote coming in. First big dip is from Sunderland having higher than expected Leave vote. The points where it rallied were when the Remain vote edged back in front on the back of Scottish votes coming in, and then London votes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Corbyn is like Rudd 1.0. Popular among the people voting for the party but hated by those running the party.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I can't wait till the election is over, the ads get me overly irate. I can't tell what is worse, Morrison's bullshiting or Leyonhjelm crying about political correctness.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Don't worry you'll feel much better on Sunday with another three years of Liberal rule to look forward to

Yeah but it's different to the last election. It'll be 3 more years of the same poo poo we have now instead of voting in a better government. Sure it's bad when you think of what you could have had, but it's not going to be worse than it is now. Senate should be able to hold the fort or three years.
Last election, however, was going from something that was passably good despite leadership turmoil (and bipartisan issues that would have been bad regardless) to letting the wreckers in.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

No.

Further slashing the tax base.

Missing the last possible chance to make any sort of meaningful contribution to climate change mitigation

A publicly funded tidal wave of bile and hatred directed at gay and trans people at the end of which we may not even get a SSM bill passed.

This is just the stuff we already know they're going to do

The next term is going to be a whole loving world of poo poo.

gay picnic defence posted:

Famous last words

I'm not going to get depressed after the election. I'm going to continue being depressed after the election.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Dick for Australia. Sounds like an LNP slogan.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Pretty sure ICAC already had it's budget cut.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And if asked you say you won't be in your electorate.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah but being outside of your electorate (more than 8km) is criteria enough to be eligible to pre-poll.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

That was Shenanigan/Hobo Erotica's plan to deal with boat people. Put them in some Mad Max garbage city in the middle of the desert where they'd create their own economy and wouldn't bother the white man.

Going to have to be more specific in Australia.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

"I'm sick of their constant infighting and swapping leaders."

Also describes the LNP.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-28/wicked-campers-funny-senator-leyonhjelm-says/7366542

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's all fair. Both sides get to be hypocrites.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How about the problem of saying "These slogans are offensive, they should stop using them" then using the same slogans with the direct purpose of offending someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jonah Galtberg posted:

How about the problem of your posting?

Should be a law against it.

• Locked thread