Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I like this OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Anti-paedophile party is Derrin Hinch's party.

I thought that was Derry Hinch's Justice Party.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

bigis posted:

So does auspol think the greens primary vote will go up or down?

I'm assuming up, Up, UP!! :bitcoin:

I think the most exciting part is the progress the Greens are making in key lower house seats such as Batman, Higgins and Grayndler.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Conclusive evidence that the experiment with democracy has failed.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Finally a use for the Tasmanian Liberal Senate team.

:3

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I've been either phone banking or door knocking with the Higgins campaign almost every day since I got back from overseas. It's been great. I'm also a polling booth captain on the day.

I'm really excited about next weekend, can't wait to see the result of all out hard work.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

SKY COQ posted:

Him leaving and Pyne/Briggs losing their seats would make my night at this point. Not hoping for any more good news, minority Labor government died on Friday with Brexit.

Greens picking up more lower house seats is good news to look forward to, and quite likely.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

SKY COQ posted:

Maaaaaaaybe Batman and Higgins, but I'm not holding my breath.

Christensen is also a potential casualty, that would be lovely.

I think we'll pick up one more this time.

If nothing else, the fact that Higgins is no longer safe for the Liberals is excellent. Such a change since last election.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

bee posted:

I'm volunteering for the Greens at the polling booth on Saturday. Has anyone got any tips for me, as I've never done this before? It's not actually my own electorate, they're just short on members out that way. It's a pretty low income area with a lot of crime, or at least it was the last time I used to work out that way.

Smile, be friendly, and wear comfortable shoes.

Keep it short and direct if people are moving past you. "Vote Green" or "Vote for Candidate" is always good.

You'll be awesome, and negative interactions are typically rare. Good on you for volunteering, it really makes a difference.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

markgreyam posted:

I was always under the impression that you needed a legitimate reason to vote early. Even the AEC "Ways to vote" page http://www.aec.gov.au/voting/ways_to_vote/ specifies a list of criteria that you seemingly have to meet one of in order to qualify. Although it also says that an "Ordinary vote" is cast at a polling place or early voting centre, so basically I'm confused.

Can I just vote early, then saunter up to my polling place on Saturday for my democracy sausages and election day $20 CFS donation, and middle-finger all the suckers waiting in line? Sweet deal. Flagstaff Hill Primary school is closer to me than the nearest Bunnings so my sausage sizzle and lazy-enabling needs are better served there anyway.

Then get home at 9am and start drinking heavily at the inevitable Coalition victory.

Nobody even asked me

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Anidav posted:

I Was reading the ABC when

Likewise with Labor they did best in the campaign when they raised the privatisation of Medicare, yet that is a baseless scare and nothing more.

I think auntie is slowly turning into a News Corpse

I've never understood people who have said it was a baseless scare campaign.

The Liberals have attempted to weaken or undermine the system at every possible moment. It doesn't take a genius to see what their long term goal is here.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Graic Gabtar posted:

Completely unrelated topic based on a discussion at work today.

Higgins. Is the pouring in of resources going to be worth it for the Greens?

Good candidate, crap loads of media and Labor vote poo poo but really?

Yes.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

VodeAndreas posted:

Lots of people walking around with Greens HTVs when I voted in Higgins... Ended up voting BTL in the senate, Ricky Muir, a couple of other minor parties then down the line for the Greens.

$2.50 democracy sausage, moderate quality sausage, cheapest possible bread, but I'd give a 8/10 rating saved by the range of sauces - including multiple brands of tomato and BBQ so you can pick your fave.

10 pages back, but which booth?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Tirade posted:

Van Beetham

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Snod. posted:

Hinch v Hanson

Hanson v Lambie

Whoever wins, we lose.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Senor Tron posted:

Since it's cold and wet I'm staying in my hotel room instead of heading out. God Sky News is awful.

Are you in Canberra?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

NTRabbit posted:

The part where everyone continues to bitch and moan about the ALP when it's correctly pointed out they're just following the demands of the majority of the electorate.

This has been pointed out already, but it still doesn't justify the torture that occurs in our detention centers.

Labor needed to show some leadership on this issue. Keating was good at this, in the way he shut down racists complaining about native title.

Howard went to opposite way and reassured people that it wasn't just acceptable to be a racist, but that they should feel comfortable about it too.

This worked well for him in keeping One Nation from picking up more votes from the Liberals at the time, but the long term result is the situation we're in now where people are raped, denied adequate medical care, and set themselves on fire under our care.

Public opinion will never change while both major parties pander to racism and xenophobia.

Mad Katter fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 7, 2016

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Pretty sure that giving people a heart shaped chocolate counts as voter inducement.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

ScreamingLlama posted:

Any tampering that occurs within the system would likely be done by biased scrutineers, in which case the scrutineers would be the problem, not the system.

If the system is vulnerable to tampering, it's a problem with the system.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Airports are awful, airlines are awful, sitting on an aeroplane is awful, and getting to/from the airport is a pain in the rear end.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

norp posted:

For next time helmet chat comes up

Data from which country? If most riders outside Australia don't wear a helmet, then it's not a surprising correlation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Wtf. How can a person being set on fire not qualify as a suspicious death?

• Locked thread