Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
sex party, hemp, and animal justice are all preferencing Labor above Greens in Grayndler. But trust us, we're just as progressive as those Greens!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

the correct deterrence for white collar crime is a bullet

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Other posted:

Well that sure escalated
UPDATE: The government has given the Country Fire Authority board until 5pm to accept the controversial deal with the firefighters' union — or face dismissal.

The ultimatum was delivered on Friday afternoon by Deputy Premier James Merlino, as he was announced as a replacement for former Emergency Services Minister Jane Garrett.

I believe there's also a court injunction preventing them from meeting to accept the deal until Tuesday 4:30.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol, Labor are preferencing Abbott ahead of that dude who isn't Abbott

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Frogmanv2 posted:

of loving course they are.

got a link?

The guys Twitter account

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Frogmanv2 posted:

And its still stupid, because its not like the LNP doesnt have a plethora of other walking talking attack lines. Anyone with half a brain could come up with decent talking points to crush the LNP in the polls.

That's why the ALP is trying their best not to defeat any LNP members, they don't want to miss out on their attack lines

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

"heroism is futile" - malcolm turnbull, prime minister

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

ZealousQ posted:

The more I think about it, the more I think that's actually their strategy. They're not pushing that hard in marginals, and seem more focussed on shoring up their current support base. I'm starting to think that some senior strategists have decided that a better long term strategy is to throw this election, let the LNP ruin the country both economically and socially, then come in and pick up the pieces. It destroys the Conservatives' stranglehold over the rhetoric of economic management and unites and mobilises the marginalised behind the ALP and Unions, at the low, low price of destroying the lives and livelihoods of millions of working class Australians and losing what little of the moral high ground the ALP still had.

if they actually believe this they're even dumber than I thought. The LNP will never blame anything other than the gigantic debt labor left them with and we don't have any journalists to contradict them.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It's only for stations with both professional and volunteers, and it's also that paid staff have to have been dispatched not that they have to have arrived

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Albo told me the Libs and greens are working together, Albo wouldn't lie to me, he's the true heart of the progressive labor party

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hmmm yes this sure makes me want to ensure my preferences flow through to the Australian Labor Party in the senate.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Recoome posted:

You need to check out the comment at the bottom of the thing. Actually check the whole thing out on the facebook page

Actually, don't

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

LibertyCat posted:

Yeah, the pattern seems to be the kids are a larger problem than the first gen.

Thank gently caress you're never getting laid then.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

EXAKT Science posted:

Can someone explain to me why exactly a wrestling promotion is one of the parties on your ballot?

vote 1 bayley

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Skellybones posted:

Marines count as 3 Americans apiece OORAH

So black marines are equivalent to two white civilians?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MaliciousOnion posted:

Can someone make a "Liberaling of Labor" video?

With even more dubstep preferably

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

starkebn posted:

So a British MP was just murdered on the street, makes things here seem pretty small by comparison :britain:

Weird. Who would have thought a campaign to stir up nationalism could turn ugly.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anidav posted:

Hey guys, I got a submission form to submit a question for tonight's Facebook debate with no guarantee it will be asked but I have a form here to ask it.

Can someone ghost write a really good question for me to put in?

Is "anime", actually, as bad as they say, or ' worse!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anidav posted:

A legit question tho

Noose, guillotine or firing squad?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Don Dongington posted:

Preference deals.

Looking at the HTVs for WA:

Liberal:
1 Lib
2 Nat
3 Aus Christians
4 Shootybangs
5 LDP
6 Family first

Aus Christians:
1 Aus Christians
2 Family First
3 RUA
5 Democratic Labour Party
6 ALA
7 Libs

Shootybangs
2 ALA
3 RUA
4 One Nat
5 Christian Dems
6 Libs

LDP
1 LDP
2 PUP (lol)
3 Nats
4 Sex/Hemp
5 Family First

Family First
1 FF
2 Shootybangs
3 Aus Christians
4 Democratic Labs
5 ALA
6 RUA

So the first 4 preferences on the Libs HTV are all sending preferences back.

The LDP and FF aren't preferencing the libs, but Lionhat and Bob "A Water Balloon Full of Piss" Day have voted with them on something like 85% of the legislation that's hit the senate.

There is a pretty complex preference exchange between then and all of the nazi/libertarian parties which should alarm the gently caress out of anyone seeking to vote for them.

anyone seeking to vote for them is too hosed in the head to be worried about their vote going to literal nazis/libertarians.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

SynthOrange posted:

A virtual media blackout at the remote republic of Nauru is set to be temporarily broken, after tabloid television program A Current Affair announced it had gained exclusive access to the island's offshore detention centre.
In a statement on Friday, the Channel Nine program spruiked an episode to run on Monday night from "inside Nauru's detention centre", claiming the story would "stun Australia".
Foreign journalists must pay an $8000 visa fee to visit Nauru, which is not refunded if the application is rejected.
"We'll take you inside the Australian-run regional processing centre ... it marks the very first time that a television crew has been granted access to the controversial facility," the statement said.
"Our cameras will bring you exclusive footage on how asylum seekers and refugees are really living".

UUUUUUUH SHOULD I START BARFING NOW OR LATER

Start now and keep going

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

http://www.theage.com.au/good-weekend/tony-mccorkell-reveals-secrets-of-the-wealthy-christian-sect-exclusive-brethren-20160429-goi6lc.html

The entirety of the brethren leadership should be jailed for life, or preferably just loving shot.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Malcolm Turnbull Stands By Pedophile Donors

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Like seriously.

This morning Fairfax runs two stories. One an in depth piece on how the Brethren are a bunch of pedophile defending child abusing scum.

The other about how the brethren are big donors to the Liberal party.

Asked about it Malcolm Turnbull says:

quote:

Malcolm Turnbull says he has "no criticisms or complaints" to make of the controversial Exclusive Brethren and is happy for the extremist Christian sect to continue donating to the Liberal Party.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Mithranderp posted:

not having a dick is BAD

Authorised by G. Wright, Australian Labor Party, Canberra

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tokamak posted:

I vote him millennial most likely to become Chris Uhlmann in thirty odd years.

Nah, Tom Tilley has him covered

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The last time Pauline Hanson had a seat the liberals defeated her by adopting all of her policies

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Lion Hat got 0.66 of a quota last time on first preferences, which would be more than enough to elect him in a DD even if everything else went against him.

It's generally too hard. You can look at who is up for re-election and make some broad guesses about trends, but picking who wins the 6th seat is impossible at a normal election. Throw in a DD reducing the quota and the new rules and you've got an even bigger mess.

Lionhat got 0.66 of a quota because he was in first spot and people thought they were voting Liberal

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anidav posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0wae57nJ0
"Who just wants to get ahead with an investment property!"

How out of loving touch do you have to get to run an ad on this on TV?

"I reckon we should just see it through and stick with this mob for a while"

A ringing endorsement

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You Am I posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...tisation-attack

Turnbull has dropped the plan to privatise the payment system for Medicare

When you have to deny you're doing something you've already lost that argument

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

So a few days ago a greens candidate in Tasmania had men come to his house, yell at his teenage daughter, and destroy campaign material out the front of his house.

Now the greens candidate in Farrer has had his car broken in to and campaign material destroyed.

:toot:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Zenithe posted:

I will say that I've never met a tradie who drank coffee from a mug at work. Should be an ice break or energy drink.

Or at least a fuckin thermos

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Senor Tron posted:

Ambo's because they risk getting run over by one.

nah its coz of their fuckin unions bargaining tactics mate

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Count Chocula posted:

Has anyone brainstormed cute names for jobs people I know have like 'soccy' (social media manager) and 'shoppie' (designers 'cause they use Photoshop, but that's probably taken by people who work at Woolworths).

Hey I've said so much negative poo poo about Australia that I gotta say MONA is the best museum I've been to; beats out everything in New York.

You should definitely call yourself a shoppie it suits you well

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol if you work on a current affair and don't just hang yourself

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Does the Jewish community really hate the greens?

Conservative Jews aren't too keen on the BDS agenda

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cleretic posted:

THAT Jewish community does. It's the foundation of the currently-sitting member's support base, and basically the only part of the electorate that likes him. He's been doing his best to paint the Greens as anti-Israel just to galvanize that section against us, and that part of the electorate's been by far the most difficult and painful to actually deal with in any way.

How to deal with meeting people that think we're anti-Israel is literally the only specific advice and instruction on a single detail I have been given during Greens volunteering. That's how difficult that part is.

to a lot of that particular community anything short of driving Palestine back into the sea is anti-Israel. A lot of hardcore zionist support in the south east.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anidav posted:

The amount of LNP voters whose main vote deciding conern is Medicare but will still vote for Liberal :allears: :suicide:

Their main concern is medicare: getting rid of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

every now and then I accidentally read a whole headline before realising it's an amanda vandstone piece.

• Locked thread