Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

why would you even need a pool that close to the beach?

and they would all be insured to the eyeballs so who gives a gently caress at the mild inconvenience of getting a free renno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I occasionally work up at Wyong for a day, and rarer again, at Pt Macquarie.

would like to live up that way but my counterparts in those areas are rusted on and never going anywhere so I am stuck in the Sydney branch :(

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Starshark posted:

There's always murder. If your target lives in Wyong there should be more than enough suspects to throw them off your trail.

Ourimbah actually, so even more so.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cleverman is quite literally one of the most amateur poo poo shows I have ever watched.

the acting and dialogue was awful, the story really loving poor (lol "hairymen") and they couldnt have been more obvious with the indigenous theme if they beat you over the head with it.

I wanted to give it a shot but holy poo poo when I saw I had 18min left and I felt like they had told all they could with the story I gave up and went back to quality American Television.

I dont have a problem with the theme, it was just a really garbage TV show and I cant understand how it got any good critic reviews besides people being afraid that they might be perceived as racist for bagging it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Redcordial posted:

I also found a lack of mention from Laserfarce about the theme being relative and very much applicable to asylum seekers and refugees. But of course, what the gently caress could possibly consider his thought of such people plight.

it was more that I actually dont care enough about arguing the point or the show enough to fully detail everything about it that had already been said.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Were the claims of invading his personal space made before or after he made full body contact assaulting you?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SynthOrange you may have mentioned it but what was the cause of the filming/full body contact?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I like how Channel 9s breakfast show this morning had Washed up fuckwit Richard Wilkins talking about Ellen asking for support on the GBR conservation and actually framed it as 'isnt she just doing this to promote her new Finding Dory movie? does she really even care? makes u think'

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

My office is engaged in a political debate about dole bludgers and the HR manager is actually advocating work for the dole because 'they can just pick up garbage or something'

yeah ok so we will just pay every dole bludger 60k a year which is roughly what a full time garbo gets then?

oh no no no guys you dont pay them the same amount as someone who WANTS to do the work you pay them the same as they currently get on the dole

soooo you will pay them less than minimum wage to do the same job as someone else with the only difference being one person was offered the job and someone else wasnt?

yes

:suicide:

This was after i pointed out that the vast majority of welfare goes to old people and not dole bludgers, with proof from this thread.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Greens candidate for my electorate is last. Family first is first.

also still hilarious that people are thoroughly dissatisfied with both major parties, but refuse to vote for the greens.

I went to the movies the other night (to see hunt for the wildepeople which was good A++ would watch again) and the AEC ran an advert about how the senate voting is changing. "great! they will explain it to everyone seeing movies! what a good way to reach a lot of people!"

and then it was just a loving 'here is a long,annoying government URL you're not gonna visit to find out more'

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If When Bill loses the election, are they going to replace him?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

pretty annoyed about labor preferencing CDP 2 Greens 3 in Reid

yo, I am in Reid we should hang out

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

V for Vegas posted:

Vote 1 MEOW-MEOW, Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma for Grayndler

I worked with that guy. he's chill but also totally loving nuts.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

iajanus posted:

I'm shocked that a guy with that name is nuts.

He has NFC installed in his thumb. for reasons.

its buried under a shitload of weird name google search results but he had a blog where he detailed his drug induced mental breakdown.

Hes apparently the cofounder of the nfc implant company but from my experience with the guy he is probably less of the brains and more of the guinea pig that got co-founder title for having a loving chip put in his hand.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I sincerely hope the facebook debate encounters technical difficulties, especially right around the time someone asks about the NBN.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have heard the phytoplankton thing a few times and thought it was pretty common knowledge?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lol what a card, a guy on my FB put a stupid simpsons quote on his ballot paper lol how funny haha gently caress voting properly amirite?

Same dickhead complains about Liberal pretty much daily.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

open24hours posted:

The Greens seem like they're aiming very low with this 20% soft drink tax. I rarely drink Coke, but a can going from $1 to $1.20 wouldn't stop me. Why not make it 2000%? It's not like there aren't plenty of sugar free drinks available already.

Where in blue gently caress are you getting cans of soft drink for $1ea that isnt buying a 30 pack at Woolies on special?

EDIT: I agree the tax should be more. Also I have free postmix at work so I will just refill my empties at work.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Nothing happens when you are offended.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Voted early and voted hard left

I feel like there could be a few upsets this election. Let's hope it's for the best.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah, a lot funnier than, 'walk into building wearing something odd, get kicked out.'

What did you expect when watching the chaser if not this?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If you have to explain a joke, it wasnt funny and it wasnt good.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

most straight women I know enjoy sucking cock so I dunno about the original being offensive anyway.

and if ur headjob is silent I feel bad for you.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Tuncurry primary school and no loving democracy snags.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I ended up going to Bunnings and getting a democ sausage. They had mustard and even salt and pepper available. Lost points for butterflied sausage and 2 slices of bread.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

We already have an ethanol industry?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Honestly the type of person who thinks its funny and cool to share their dumbshit donkey vote on social media isnt someone who I want voting anyway.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

open24hours posted:

So, time to invest in ethanol?

its like $1.30/L for united e85, just go and fill up a jerry at the servo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Greens voter who doesnt give a gently caress about reffos checking in

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Its kind of shocking to see a Labor party actually oppose.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

electronic voting would be awesome because the second the network fails (which it will, because its hosed) and people are stuck waiting in line to vote they will be furious that the NBN never got off the ground in any real capacity and someone will be forced to do it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Holy gently caress, Luke Foley is "dig up, stupid" personified.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

who the gently caress looks at greyhound racing and thinks 'yes, these battlers with no skills, no social life, no money and shady dealings going on all around them and killing dogs, I identify with this and want to become a part of it'

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

If this is happening now when interest rates are at record lows imagine how it'll look if the RBA ever returns rates to normal. I wonder if they even can raise them to normal now, there must be thousands of people with loans whose interest rates float with the official cash rate, even the smallest rise might set off a wave of defaults.

good.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Maybe someone should ask Sonia Kruger what she thinks about a plebiscite, since shes a mother she is right about loving everything apparently.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sparticle posted:

Imo 'girls/ladies' sounds condescending coming from a male teacher so I've always preferred 'students' even though it sounds clunky/forced.

just call them incubators.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

Seriously? People need to be trained to not torture young boys?

probably woulda helped wrt Catholic Church too IMO

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lol:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/educ...725-gqdomq.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Some forms of "IT" are being outsourced but ultimately its gonna be a long rear end time until anything in Australia is at a point where its all work from remote cloud based poo poo supported by India or whatever because we have no decent quality internet.

the last 3 places I have worked have all wanted someone who spends time walking around the office and interacting with people to build rapport and work with them rather than against them. You cant outsource that.

• Locked thread