Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Gabbiadini...............................................

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
I would also rather have Giovinco over any striker other than El Sha and Insigne and I don't even think he's that good

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

abuse culture. posted:

I would also rather have Giovinco over any striker other than El Sha and Insigne and I don't even think he's that good

Hmm, will a poo poo Immobile or waste man Zaza do instead??

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Candreva's out for Monday with an injury. The papers say it's gonna be Darmian or De Sciglio in his spot, less likely that it'll be el Shaarawy.

Really shouldn't Florenzi play there?

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Maaaaattttt Daaaarrrrrrmian

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

KFBR392 posted:

I can't believe I haven't seen this joke before, lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KFBR392 posted:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I always come here to post when there's an international competition, this time I totally forgot.

But I can't just let it slide like this, I have to say that Darmian and Thiago Motta at the very least should be forced to harvest tomatoes all day long in some God-forgotten southern field while whipped by an angry racist overseer, rather than defiling our national team's name.

I am pleasantly surprised by Pellé and Eder actually, they look like functional human beings (even if coming a tad short as footballers), which is more than you could ever say about Balotelli. Really, really missing Verratti - he has the ability to turn around any game with his magic footwork and passing skill and we will regret his absence, right now I'm afraid Bonucci is the only one with decent passing skills and that's not a good thing.

Luckily we might still be able to power through thanks to an excellent defence but I'm not holding my breath...

Now if anybody understands why Insigne is never playing despite being amazing in the rare few minutes Conte lets him in, please explain it to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Candreva's out for Monday with an injury. The papers say it's gonna be Darmian or De Sciglio in his spot, less likely that it'll be el Shaarawy.

Really shouldn't Florenzi play there?

No offense and excuse my bias here but how the gently caress does De Sciglio keep getting games? I'm never impressed by his play, he doesn't seem to be a regular starter for Milan, and we have much better players in the same position.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

No offense and excuse my bias here but how the gently caress does De Sciglio keep getting games? I'm never impressed by his play, he doesn't seem to be a regular starter for Milan, and we have much better players in the same position.

He had that one good season and he's still young. And there aren't very many good Italian fullbacks/wingbacks these days.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

He played very well in the Coppa Italia final. That's all I got, I'm just as surprised.

Also torak, we're all very confused about Insigne.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

TorakFade posted:

I am pleasantly surprised by Pellé and Eder actually, they look like functional human beings (even if coming a tad short as footballers), which is more than you could ever say about Balotelli.

Jesus loving Christ , dude. Nice racism.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Jesus loving Christ , dude. Nice racism.

Now now, did Balotelli ever seem to you like a normal, sane person? Case in point: https://youtu.be/Ui43ITOnF7E

This has nothing to do with race; please also remember he set fireworks off in his own house, starting a fire, amongst other silly things like firing fake guns in public. He could be white as snow and he'd still be a giant idiot.

The funny thing is you missed the actual racist part of my post about having people enslaved to harvest tomatoes in the south while whipped by someone :v:

(all in good fun, of course)

So will insigne play tonight? drat I hope so

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He won't.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Thiago Motta warming up, why

gently caress you Conte

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TorakFade posted:

Thiago Motta warming up, why

gently caress you Conte

Because we can't have nice things. Also there's a match day thread!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi, you said earlier you see what Conte is doing. While I'm also pleasantly surprised by our performance this Euros - would you mind explaining the nuance that I appear to be missing? Is it Conte's rigid tactics that the squad is adhering to?

Fake edit: gently caress Thiago Motta

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Gigi, you said earlier you see what Conte is doing. While I'm also pleasantly surprised by our performance this Euros - would you mind explaining the nuance that I appear to be missing? Is it Conte's rigid tactics that the squad is adhering to?

Fake edit: gently caress Thiago Motta

It's the tactics and that the players are actually following that mantra of run your self to death and handle it when you need to. He actually must be a really good motivator.

How about that win though, boys. Abbiamo fatto la vendetta!!!!!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ephex posted:

cant wait for those guys to clown on us

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Congrats friends, good job now go beat some weltmeister crotchsmellers!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Thiago Motta out for the next game, this is awesome

Seeing insigne play is beautiful, if he was in eder's place he'd have scored that 1vs1

Buffon is still magical, I kinda wish he would play forever (sirigu is a clown)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Italy are looking very impressive. And Gigi is as good as he ever was #gayforbuffon

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The only bad thing about Thiago Motta going out is that the only other replacement is Sturaro and we all know De Rossi can't go 90 minutes.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Buffon is gonna retire at 40 in 2018 with a World Cup, I've been saying this for years. It's the Italian legend keeper way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Buffon is gonna retire at 40 in 2018 with a World Cup, I've been saying this for years. It's the Italian legend keeper way.

Donnarumma will have a few years of top flight experience under him then and then it'll be another 20 years before need another one. So good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PORCA PUTTANA

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Donnarumma will have a few years of top flight experience under him then and then it'll be another 20 years before need another one. So good.

Plus if need be there's Perin, Scuffet, Sportiello...really reports of Italy's goalkeeping demise are highly exaggerated.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Gigi Galli posted:

Gianluigi after Gianluigi :allears:

With Verratti, Donnarumma, Berardi, Gabbiadini, Romagnoli, Rugani, De Sciglio I have bright hopes for Italy's future. Sadly I don't think Insigne will stay good long enough to matter at an international level, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Maybe we miss some young talent in midfield besides Verratti? I'm not fully up to date on youngsters these days. I guess there's Sturaro? Lol

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 27, 2016

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
drat, well done Italy

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Currently making this little straw man looking like Buffon because it looks so funny. What do you guys think, should I stick 4 or 5 needles through it to make it stand upright?

*is backer of german team*

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

You know, I actually think that had we been on the other side of the table we'd be out already, Italy shines against big teams and is lovely against underdogs.

Our greatest threat is iceland which is currently winning against england.

Edit: hahahaha they actually did. If we manage to beat germany and they beat france too they're basically going to the final.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 27, 2016

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Would quite like Italy to win the whole thing tbh.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TorakFade posted:

You know, I actually think that had we been on the other side of the table we'd be out already, Italy shines against big teams and is lovely against underdogs.

Our greatest threat is iceland which is currently winning against england.

Edit: hahahaha they actually did. If we manage to beat germany and they beat france too they're basically going to the final.

I don't think they'll get past France to be honest, but it would be cool!

The Germany game will be good; hopefully nobody gets complacent now that Italy's got a big win already.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't think they'll get past France to be honest, but it would be cool!

The Germany game will be good; hopefully nobody gets complacent now that Italy's got a big win already.

The Mannschaft is really looking like the thing is coming together and this won't be a walk in the park for you guys. And we still have to settle a score or two, don't expect that team to fold.

On the other hand I'll be enjoying that game like the Spain:Italy game today: In a beer garden with half/half Spanish and Italian fans while having a steak and partying with anyone willing afterwards, good times.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

dogboy posted:

The Mannschaft is really looking like the thing is coming together and this won't be a walk in the park for you guys. And we still have to settle a score or two, don't expect that team to fold.

On the other hand I'll be enjoying that game like the Spain:Italy game today: In a beer garden with half/half Spanish and Italian fans while having a steak and partying with anyone willing afterwards, good times.

It was never going to be a walk in the park. Germany are probably the best team left overall, so hopefully you guys do what Croatia did and have a terrible day :troll:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

You germans already rule Europe politically, leave the football to us lazy pizza eaters damnit :argh:

Seriously though Italy-Germany is never an easy affair, it'll be a tough match. I trust in our awesome defense and wonderstriker Pellé (lol)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Conte highlights

https://twitter.com/matmartinelli/status/747539206713520128

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol that's great

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Doesn't have him kicking the ball away, disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

What impact will Bud Spencer's death have on the INMT going forward?

• Locked thread