Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

At least we have Cowell to be really harsh on singers who aren't fantastic.

Tape Face was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

That drat Satyr posted:

People here are always good about figuring out how these acts are done - so... how the hell did the clairvoyant act do that?

My first guess was a thumper with an incredibly efficient set of codes for transmitting information.

My second guess was a transmitting/receiving microphones implanted in both their jawbones/inner ear capable of subvocal communication but that might only be science fiction so far.

Maybe he's a ventriloquist and he was talking for her the entire time. That would be a novel approach and pretty loving brilliant, actually.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I rather liked the Russian Pole act.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Ehud posted:

Football magician did very well. I like him, drone dancers, naked juggler man and uh...

Tape Face!

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

This week might have been my favorite audition episode this season. The YMCA guy was absolutely great. The 14 year old contortionist was fun as hell, and the acrobats had me holding my breath. The kid magician was kinda meh but he was cute at least.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Even though it was pretty obvious how the kid magicians trick worked (switched with Sis behind the suitcases on the right and you could kinda see mirrors under the center table when the camera cut to above the stage) I didn't see the switch and appearance coming and his performance was great. I haven't finished yet but I hope he goes through.

As always I loved Brundage the Rubix wizard. No idea how he does those split second solves aside from fantastic sleight of hand. As for the card corner I assume it's a memorization trick and that there's a limited selection of cards in the deck that map to certain corners or pieces of a gimmicked cube. A very cool trick.

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 14, 2016

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

somekindofguy posted:

Aw hell, Brundage got the axe? and we get a kid rapper in the live shows? Great.

Pray for wild cards.

Kid rapper didn't go through did she?

It was the other chick, who I thought was a singer?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I really hope Tape Face makes it through. He's so fun to me.

Edit: I wonder if he is a former Blue Man. He has the stare going and the refusal to speak.

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 20, 2016

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

A Big Dark Yak posted:

I know "everything's riding on this" is supposed to be inspirational and all, but maybe don't quit your job and put all your hopes at the whim of random Twitter users who vote for contestants on a goofy-rear end talent show that once had a bunch of dogs win it?

They were pretty talented dogs, though. :woof:

I agree it's pretty dumb to bet your livelihood but goddamn I rather enjoyed both of Malevo's auditions so I hope it works out for them.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Why is Sam Morrill on AGT? He's a pretty big comic.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Of course not, but when you've already had a comedy central half-hour and a last comic standing season, and are probably on a first name basis with Howie Mandel and George Lopez and doing a set that you've been perfecting for years it just seems silly.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Myq Kaplan was on recently too, and he had also been on LCS, and had his own Comedy Central and Netflix specials.

Yeah. I felt the same way about him.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

somekindofguy posted:

Clarvoriyants: I think I've seen that chalkboard bit before, but not with the mentalism angle. The number of jellybeans thing was cool.

Sal: What the hell did they do with that song choice? After all that hype with the Sinatra, he does a goddamn pop song. Pisssssssss. Sadly, I don't think he hit "Sinatra" level tonight, even with the banter. That buzzer from Simon though.

Brundage: So did he screw with Howie's cube and get it to match his in a few seconds? Goddamn son, that's a fast pair of hands.

From what I've seen of Brundage he is a master of sleight of hand. He either replaced Howies cube with a presolved cube or Howies cube is gimmicked in some fashion. I think it's different depending on the cube Howie picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How did the clairvoyants do the chalkboard part of the trick? Everything else seemed fairly obvious.

Also lol at that guy getting hit in the neck with a flaming arrow.

Robotics maybe? Or possibly since we got the proof of her showing the board they swapped out the board in the air during the preceding stuff. We couldn't see it at home because of the limited camera and most everyone in the room was paying more attention to the judges table.

• Locked thread