Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
The mother-son dance duo definitely had a future Lucille-Buster vibe.
Christian rock family was surprisingly charming with a unique backstory.
The Drone Dancers were the stand out, really cool act with a lot of potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Foreigners are not only winning our talent shows, but judging them too!

Are non-Brits allowed on Britain's Got Talent?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Aphrodite posted:

Don't worry, when President Trump takes office he's going to send these Japs back where they came from so a good ol' American singer can win, like God intended.

It's not really uncommon for the American version of a show to be the default, international one.

MAGTGA!

Make America's Got Talent Great Again!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

somekindofguy posted:

Week 4 is on. Danger act, and a kid act montage. Not expecting to hear Bumble Boogie on the show though.

EDIT: Little more interesting tonight. Not expecting the comedian's story, but I have a feeling some people are going to hate her regardless of how good or edgy she is. I'll take her over more singers any day.

More edits: Son of a bitch. Can we gas this season right now? Or at least get a title change to American Idol season 16, since that's what the judges seem hell bent on turning this show into?

Comedian was ok, but she gets a pass from me for not being a singer and "foliage is changing" was legit funny.
Knife throwers were great. Football magician was my favorite act of the night and his prescense almost makes up for ending on a mediocre singer with a sob story, with the god drat golden buzzer.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Last act of the night is a singer with a sob story, wonder if he's gonna get the golden buzzer...

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I think Mel B is an ok judge, Howie is hit or miss, especially when he latches on to some really garbage acts as previously mentioned.

Simon Cowell has definitely gotten alot more polite since the 1st season of American Idol, I think having a kid softened him up.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

somekindofguy posted:

Deadly duo: Interesting, though possibly soured by how she was guiding him.

If throwing morning stars blindfolded at your wife doesn't impress you, then I don't know what to tell you. I had to watch this after it aired so I didn't get to vote but that was definitely vote worthy.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I think they stacked this show with way too many good acts. At least it might filter out some of the singers.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I actually kind of liked Sal..not enough to vote for him because I don't vote for the singers, but of all the ones competing I can tolerate him the most.

I was kind of meh on Rubix cube this week, his last trick was pretty obvious that he had all 3 of those cubes pre-solved and he swapped out Howie's with one of his behind his back. How is Howie going to call him out on it when he didn't even have time to look at the pattern to see if it was the same cube.

Clairvoyants was awesome, no idea how did they any of that.

There's not enough love for Sofie Dossi in this thread. She can shoot a bow and arrow blindfolded, with her feet, balancing on her hands and it's on fire! What more do you people want!!!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I am officially predicting ukulele girl as this season's winner. I personally have a policy of not voting for singers, but this girl's has been scientifically engineered to win AGT. When her and sparkly jacket singer were up, it was obvious they were both going through.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

somekindofguy posted:

Yeah, that had to be a both of you based on how Merica and the judges love them. I still would rather Howie's prediction didn't come true--the thought of Howie Mandel being the show's Kingmaker terrifies me more than an all-singer final.

Semis start next week--save us magic men!

Howie didn't king make poo poo, and if he didn't hit the golden buzzer I'm convinced one of the other judges would have. She reminds me of a young Zoey Deschenal and America loves its quirky MPDGs.
As much as I hate to praise singers on AGT, she is very good.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
WTF was Fonzie doing there? Seems like such an awkward plug.

Grace Vanderwaal continues to have this poo poo on lock-down and I don't mind it as much as I do with other singers because all of her songs so far have been originals. That being said, she definitely won't need my votes so I'll be sending mine to Malevo, Tape Face and Deadly Games.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

lifts cats over head posted:

Part of me wants to see Tape Face win just to see how he reacts to winning a million dollars (does he break character?) but I'm hoping Viktor Kee wins it all.

If Tape Face breaks character they should immediately take the check back. It won't matter though because no one will stand up to the juggernaut that is Grace Vanderwaal. When Nick called her up against Lori Mae Hernadez and Musiciality, just the applause line alone told everyone on that stage who was going through.

For next week, as long as Sofie Dossi and Brian Justin Crum don't poo poo themselves on stage, they are locks for the finals. Victor Kee and Team Rocket are strong possibilities. Rubix cube, Calysta Beiever and Kadie Lynn will likely get culled.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Just watched it today, I felt like Soffi Dossi's act was missing something without the bow and arrow. Too many singers in the finals, but I kinda like the ones that went through. Either way, I'm sticking by my prediction that real life manic pixie girl Grace Vanderwaal will crush everyone under her ukulele.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

somekindofguy posted:

Isn't this kinda sorta what Sofie has done previously? It's neat, but I don't think she can score top 5 like that.

I thought it was her best so far, and I didn't think that would be possible without the bow and arrow gimmick. Coming from someone who gets dizzy chasing his 2 year old in a circle for 60 seconds, her spinning in the ring was pretty amazing. I'm also always surprised that opera singers do so well. 80% of the country isn't even within driving distance of going to opera, and it's not like the classics are selling albums or charting the top 40. It sounds great on AGT, but how many Americans pay money to see opera on a regular basis...or ever?

I ended up splitting my votes between Sofi and Tape Face. But...none of that matters, the Grace Vanderwaal juggernaut was clearly set up to win. She got to go last and they even handed out lights to the entire audience. She is the AGT juggernaut we deserve and the only thing we can do is let her win this year so that next year we might get a non-singer.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Ok, I'll ask...what the gently caress is Nick wearing on his head?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Aphrodite posted:

Haha, she totally ruined their trick there.

Also man Stevie Nicks' voice is rough now.

Cocaine is a heluva drug...

But yea, Paula Adbdul seems like she is either extremely nearsighted, high on painkillers or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
As long as the manic pixie dream girl genre is popular, Grace can easily do very well for herself. I'm surprised the vote was a close as it was, if it really was within 1% like Nick said, but I called Grace winning the second Howie hit that golden buzzer.

• Locked thread