Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good. The show has needed a mean judge since Piers left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To be fair, it's 2016, I'm shocked opera singers exist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if that guy's "It got quiet in here" joke is part of his act or just a really nice recovery. If it's planned he sells it well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Calling a young kid the next Taylor Swift is weird as hell too because she didn't really make it for her voice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The judges are German, Canadian, and 2 Brits.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't worry, when President Trump takes office he's going to send these Japs back where they came from so a good ol' American singer can win, like God intended.

It's not really uncommon for the American version of a show to be the default, international one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This girl isn't very good.

Simon has a weak spot for kids. He keeps hyping them way up.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 15, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The judges frequently let through acts that they know won't survive the live shows so they don't have to crush them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's the problem with these drat foreign judges. They don't know America.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Piers was the best judge, even if the man himself is garbage.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What was the reason Howard isn't a judge anymore?

The schedule was too much.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Victorkm posted:

Why is Sam Morrill on AGT? He's a pretty big comic.

You don't have to be an amateur.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Myq Kaplan was on recently too, and he had also been on LCS, and had his own Comedy Central and Netflix specials.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think Mel B is an ok judge, Howie is hit or miss, especially when he latches on to some really garbage acts as previously mentioned.

Simon Cowell has definitely gotten alot more polite since the 1st season of American Idol, I think having a kid softened him up.

Yeah his soft spot for kid acts is obvious.

He's called more than one the next (popular artist).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The opera singer who won a few years ago is their least successful winner by far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I love how Tape Face's act clearly isn't designed for such a large stage and audience but he keeps getting put through.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She can't sing very well, but that style is popular right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, she totally ruined their trick there.

Also man Stevie Nicks' voice is rough now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Time for one failed non-charting album, then 2 Christmas singles.

• Locked thread