Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I usually don't make any real serious posts on these forums, and granted, I haven't watched a lot of Raw (i've watched two episodes since 2014), but that only adds to my enjoyment of the PPVs, of which I watch all of them. This is gonna be my thoughts on the subject.

Roman Reigns is a good to great wrestler and outside of his matches with Big Show and Kane, his main event matches have been all good, some even outstanding. He plays a great babyface in peril, which as a defending champion makes for real good heat, he has good fire, when he's not cutting promos he has an rear end-kicker aura about him, and I think that a majority of fans are actually behind the curve on him because he is a really dynamic in ring and out of ring performer. Look at the matches he's had with Lesnar, with Rollins, with Dean, with AJ, he's even had good matches with Bray, who himself doesn't have a stellar record. His match with HHH wasn't bad at all, and he was one of the reasons the Shield was as over as they were, because he was the monster of that group.

It really feels like contrarianism and some leftover resentment that Roman got the nod as "the guy" over Daniel Bryan, and with all of the injuries Bryan kept getting, I would have gone with that decision as well and I've been a fan of Bryan's for over a decade. I've been saying forever Roman is good and a good champion. His matches have shown it over and over, and will continue to show. He's already ahead of Cena in terms of match quality when Cena was having his first major run, and he also has a number of great foils to work with which is only going to add to the longevity of his career.

Yeah, he's pushed a lot, but why shouldn't he be? No, they didn't pick Dean who is probably a better promo and a better in-ring guy, but Roman is just as serviceable as he needs to be to be at the level he is. Should Dean be given a chance to run with the ball? He absolutely should, and I think he should have been given a chance before Roman was. Does that mean Roman is just objectively Bad and Should Fail as a main eventer? No, that's stupid, because he's deserving to be in the main event mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

didnt they used to disclose what the wrestlers failed for

• Locked thread