Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
telcoM
Mar 21, 2009
Fallen Rib

Voyager I posted:

Attempting to do a clean ISO install off a flash drive (the computer has no DVD drive) was stymied by an problem with drive formatting. I received the message “Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style”. I initially tried to install Windows 10 directly, but after encountering this issue made another copy with Windows 8.1 only to encounter the problem again. I'm not really sure where to go from here and am wary of formatting the drive with a dubious product key.

Googling the issue brought up mostly concerns regarding Windows 7 and is starting to get beyond my technical skills.

Are you trying to install a 32-bit or 64-bit version(s) of Windows?
I think only the 64-bit versions can handle a GPT-formatted system disk, but I might be wrong on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread