Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

John Romero posted:

what is this storyline why are they fighting why was matts wife (?) screaming that he was crazy

I forget why the feud started but they've been playing mind games with each other since they had a last man standing (or maybe it was I Quit, who cares) match that Matt lost. Jeff would come out and mess with him as Willow, then Matt would attack Jeff while dressed as Willow, then Matt hired a bunch of fake Willows to attack Jeff, then Matt dyed his hair and started talking like a fuckboi and they played up that he was neglecting Reby and Maxel because he'd gone crazy, but that was all a ruse and there's probably more but as you can see I'm having a stroke even recapping this much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
That clip was more entertaining than RAW has been for the past 2 weeks to be honest.

That was loving outstanding.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I don't like this tone.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SylvainMustach posted:

It's like if Tommy Wiseau directed Lucha Underground but better

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
This is the best thing TNA has done in years. Unironically saying this. Its good

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you told me that TNA was going to top the 'handing over production and maybe the whole company? to Nazis' storyline I'd have hit that button and called you a DUMMY, YEAH

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/738050869900509184

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Dear WWE,

Please hire Matt Hardy, give him a Phantom of Opera gimmick and let him write all his own promos.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Dear WWE,

Please hire Matt Hardy, give him a Phantom of Opera gimmick and let him write all his own promos.

Or just have him do his current, great gimmick.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I mentioned this last week

but Matt Hardy is extremely cool and good

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Roman's in the ring giving a poo poo promo, suddenly Matt swoops in from the rafters like Sting, wearing a half mask and cape to interrupt.

Build up to Hardy V Roman at Mania 33.

The promo package is set to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JaeBxYCI9k

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i think that video technically qualifies as dogme 95

please make this the thread title, I have never laughed so hard in my life

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i think that video technically qualifies as dogme 95

I looked it up and sadly not, at least I don't think so.

"The film format must be Academy 35 mm."

If it is Academy 35 mm though, it literally does, which is loving hysterical.

Wait no, there's background music. :(

Someone edit together the YouTube and Twitter vids for a master cut, please and thanks.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 1, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

John Romero posted:

what is this storyline why are they fighting why was matts wife (?) screaming that he was crazy

dude. Jeff and Matt are brothers. This is what they do.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait no, there's background music. :(

This is one of the best parts by the way. It's seriously like the shittiest/best soap opera ever.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

That table bump looked ridiculously painful.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If the audio was any better, I think it might ruin the video.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
brother nero was never over

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

And everyone was convinced that TNA was going to become a Nazi company. We just saw evidence that the workers have seized control of production.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

dude. Jeff and Matt are brothers.

Both Jeff and Matt have worn black paint on their faces for this angle but they aren't actually black

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
Whenever I think Matt Hardy is the less crazy of the two, he finds new ways to amaze me.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
TNA as a perpetual B movie scene creator is the best and I hope the company never dies and just makes more of these until the sun swallows this planet

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This whole story was written and filmed by the Hardy Brothers themselves right? Like they just showed up at work one day with this segment already taped and Dixie just shrugged and let them put it on the air right?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I prefer to think the Nazis broke into Matt's house while Jeff and Reby were there and forced them to act at gunpoint. It would explain almost everything about that video.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rhonne posted:

This whole story was written and filmed by the Hardy Brothers themselves right? Like they just showed up at work one day with this segment already taped and Dixie just shrugged and let them put it on the air right?

I'd go as far as to say they didn't even bother talking to Dixie. Just handed the tape off the to the Nazis.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

People who ride dirtbikes are always the worst

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

In the first segment where they arrive at the Hardy residence, there are aerial shots of the property and someone riding a dirtbike, crane shots, and it even looked like they rented a dolly

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mulaney Power Move posted:

In the first segment where they arrive at the Hardy residence, there are aerial shots of the property and someone riding a dirtbike, crane shots, and it even looked like they rented a dolly

And by "they", you mean Matt Hardy. I doubt TNA could afford to do that.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Knowing the Hardys they probably rigged up some horribly unsafe Jib crane.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If this Matt Hardy were the one that showed up against Lita and Edge, he'd be an eight billion time WWE Champion right now.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Be Kind Rewind White Castle of Fear.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

tao of lmao posted:

That table bump looked ridiculously painful.

With all the stupid poo poo Jeff has done, I bet that table bump didn't even crack his top 10.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

XYZ posted:

With all the stupid poo poo Jeff has done, I bet that table bump didn't even crack his top 10.

I'm willing to bet that not one of Jeff's top 10 stupid bumps involves wrestling.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

my only question is who was riding the dirtbike and what are his(her?) intentions

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

what the gently caress was that table??? why did Matt slam Jeff through an antique table?

the squeaky shoes and Matt getting caught up the in ropes were the best parts of that video. it's a work of art, in general.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that looked more like an old card table that someone spilled wine on and needed to be resurfaced than an antique. if it was the former then that is why they used it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Couple things

-What was it that Matt hit Jeff with? I swear it looked like those things they sell at Easter where the package is mesh and there's little cadbury chocolates inside.
-Matt has a nice house

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ICW and Mark Dallas' Twitter accounts have started following Challenge TV (who broadcast Impact in the UK), a deal may be close to reached but nothing's official

Lol TNA about to lose another TV deal (very likely Challenge won't air two wrestling companies for long)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The best part is Jeff Nero's reaction to the baby

"WHAT'S WRRRRRRRONG WITH YOUUUUUUU"

• Locked thread