Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

online friend posted:

hope you enjoyed this picture, maybe had a little laugh. thank you to my friends at 9gag dot com. sorry if i offended anyone

this is one of my fav funny computer pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Panty Saluter posted:

shouldnt he have been paying xerox then :v:

apple did pay xerox, they gave them a deal on pre-ipo apple stock

qirex fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 1, 2016

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
the adobe guys were ex-xerox too i think?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

qirex posted:

apple did pay xerox, they gave them a deal on pre-ipo apple stock

well that's good to know at least

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Triglav posted:

did intel really try to sue amd for buying an x86 license and selling x86 chips so that there were multiple x86 producers allowing intel to sell x86 chips to the u.s. government

they licensed it to AMD in 1976, then tried to terminate the license in 1987 and sued AMD for infringement in 1990

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

the adobe guys were ex-xerox too i think?

warnock and geschke worked at parc, much like with the alto xerox was like "yeah this is cute but we're not interested" with basically postscript

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

they licensed it to AMD in 1976, then tried to terminate the license in 1987 and sued AMD for infringement in 1990

"tried" so they failed and the contract stood? was the case intel trying to trick the judge?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

does anyone know what other events are coming up? i looked on the site but didn't see anything, not even the AMD event listed.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

nah i dont pen advertisements into my calendar much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Triglav posted:

nah i dont pen advertisements into my calendar much

something something commercialization of christmas something something

• Locked thread