Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Epic High Five posted:

Ya pretty much, except lmao at calling LA the south. That's the west homie. Most of the south is just coasting on the reputation of a relative handful of deranged Frenchmen when it comes to variety and spice. Everything else is just butter and sugar.
You forgot grease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

Ya pretty much, except lmao at calling LA the south. That's the west homie. Most of the south is just coasting on the reputation of a relative handful of deranged Frenchmen when it comes to variety and spice. Everything else is just butter and sugar.

he meant southern louisiana, the place where hot sauce comes from

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AtraMorS posted:

You forgot grease.

The grease comes from the butter.

I mean it COULD come from fatback as is true and good but you're lucky to find "genuine southern cooking" that even uses lard in pastry crusts anymore, let alone cooking with fatback

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he meant southern louisiana, the place where hot sauce comes from

Oh I know where my hot sauce comes from

Distilled from pure dinosaur killing asteroid.

Also who calls southern LA las angelas?

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 1, 2016

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Epic High Five posted:

Adorably-misinformed foreigners or people with overzealous autocorrects on their phone, I'd assume.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Midwest is worse. Mayo. Mayo everything.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

I mean it COULD come from fatback as is true and good but you're lucky to find "genuine southern cooking" that even uses lard in pastry crusts anymore, let alone cooking with fatback

Oh I know where my hot sauce comes from

Distilled from pure dinosaur killing asteroid.

Nice "theory"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DemeaninDemon posted:

Midwest is worse. Mayo. Mayo everything.

japan is the midwest of asia they fuckin love mayo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Everybody loves mayo. You can gussy it up and be an insufferable foodie and call it Aioli if you want but nobody is loving fooled

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
People who claim to dislike mayo are liars and everyone can see through their stupid lies

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Epic High Five posted:

Sheeeeeit. You say "could" like it's a museum exhibit. If your mama didn't have a coffee can full of bacon grease under the kitchen sink, you've got a lot to learn about southern cooking.

(edit: Just kidding with you a little. Not trying to troll or anything :) )

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lemming posted:

People who claim to dislike mayo are liars and everyone can see through their stupid lies

It's funny because the stereotype is black people don't like mayo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ubV3t9_CwDc

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Epic High Five posted:

Everybody loves mayo. You can gussy it up and be an insufferable foodie and call it Aioli if you want but nobody is loving fooled

Louisiana remoulade motherfuckers.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

haveblue posted:

Matt Drudge made his reputation by breaking the Monica Lewinsky story and has been trying unsuccessfully to repeat that ever since.

My hypothesis is that he isn't actually working very hard at all to make a narrative, he can just pull in a paycheck by posting stories that interest him (with far-right implicit bias) and dipping into his bottomless folder of unattractive pictures of Democrats. And homestly, while I think his politics are garbage, I can respect that career choice.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

tell me more about the refined palate required to enjoy a hoosier cream pie thanks

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Lemming posted:

Give in to aioli and throw away your terrible trash sauce

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Wasn't it assumed Mitt Romney passed up on Christie for his VP because he had way too many skeletons in his closet?

1)He hugged Obama
2)didn't tell him to stfu after Super Storm Sandy.
3) Shoke hands.
ω) Might have skeletons .

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PhazonLink posted:

1)He hugged Obama
2)didn't tell him to stfu after Super Storm Sandy.
3) Shoke hands.

Hurricane Sandy happened after the VP pick. When the only public hit against Christie, as far as the Republicans were concerned, was he's fatter than Taft.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PhazonLink posted:

Buried pretty deep tho.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Gyges posted:

Hurricane Sandy happened after the VP pick. When the only public hit against Christie, as far as the Republicans were concerned, was he's fatter than Taft.

Christie's life since :mitt: passed him up has been a slow unfolding of every reason why he was passed up. It's a little surprising considering the general incompetence of Romney's campaign that they successfully detected Christie's status as a jenga tower.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gyges posted:

Yea, he in general was seen as a not great option long before that. People have known he was most likely a corrupt sack of poo poo before the bridge poo poo came up, he's always been an abrasive 'hur hur I'm from Jersey here's me and my crazy wife screaming in some teacher's face' slob, and just in general the jokes about what a fat lump he is write themselves. He's a terrible VP option that adds literally nothing to the ticket aside from a big screaming mouth to point at places you don't really care about but want to insult people in.

So he's the perfect Trump pick.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Are we sure Romney didn't just pass on Christie because he's a vulgar abusive dick and Romney's idea of swearing is saying "ah shoot!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bunleigh posted:

Are we sure Romney didn't just pass on Christie because he's a vulgar abusive dick and Romney's idea of swearing is saying "ah shoot!"

that too but he wasn't the only republican who didn't want him near them despite being a north east republican who actually had a decent rep in his area

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea, he in general was seen as a not great option long before that. People have known he was most likely a corrupt sack of poo poo before the bridge poo poo came up, he's always been an abrasive 'hur hur I'm from Jersey here's me and my crazy wife screaming in some teacher's face' slob, and just in general the jokes about what a fat lump he is write themselves. He's a terrible VP option that adds literally nothing to the ticket aside from a big screaming mouth to point at places you don't really care about but want to insult people in.

So he's the perfect Trump pick.

Not disagreeing, but very little of that is disqualifying for a Republican. 4 years ago he was see, publicly, as a fatass Republican winning in a Democratic state with just enough known rear end in a top hat to possibly complement a guy who feels bad about saying the word 'darn'. A brief cursory examination of him as far as vetting goes probably threw up enough red flags to make any semi-sane campaign balk. I was just pointing out that Christie's mortal sin against the Republican Party didn't happen until well after he was passed over.

Bunleigh posted:

Considering how Utah is reacting to Trump, that's almost assuredly near the top of the list. All the petty corruption and idiocy was just more weight being put upon the already broken camel's back.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Oh Jesus gently caress has anyone seen the new NRA ad? It's literally saying "YOU MIGHT BE THINKING ABOUT SITTING OUT THIS ELECTION BUT YOU KNOW WHO ELSE IS? THE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN BENGHAZI!!!"

Edit: also there's all sorts of anti sex trafficking ads coming out specifically for the RNC. what a time to be alive

Hospitality workers are being trained to look out for child protitutes hahahaha

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is there anyone coming out of this mess worse off than Chris Christie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdCYMvaUcrA

Edit: The only disappointing thing about this primary was that Walker was smart enough to sell out to backers smart enough to cut his losses.

Ceiling fan fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 1, 2016

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Business Gorillas posted:

Wait, what?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oh Jesus gently caress has anyone seen the new NRA ad? It's literally saying "YOU MIGHT BE THINKING ABOUT SITTING OUT THIS ELECTION BUT YOU KNOW WHO ELSE IS? THE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN BENGHAZI!!!"

Edit: also there's all sorts of anti sex trafficking ads coming out specifically for the RNC. what a time to be alive

I concur, we need to do our part to make up for the loss of the advocacy of Vilerat and Chris Stevens, commie Muslim-lovers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gyges posted:

Not disagreeing, but very little of that is disqualifying for a Republican. 4 years ago he was see, publicly, as a fatass Republican winning in a Democratic state with just enough known rear end in a top hat to possibly complement a guy who feels bad about saying the word 'darn'. A brief cursory examination of him as far as vetting goes probably threw up enough red flags to make any semi-sane campaign balk. I was just pointing out that Christie's mortal sin against the Republican Party didn't happen until well after he was passed over.

Yea you're not wrong, he went from 'eh useful idiot' to 'gently caress THE TRAITOR WHO HUGGED THE DEMON' after the choices that mattered were already gone. They were less the death blows to his future and more the nails in his coffin.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Ceiling fan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdCYMvaUcrA

Edit: The only disappointing thing about this primary was that Walker was smart enough to sell out to backers smart enough to cut his losses.

I used to think Walker was the most vile and dangerous bastard in the race.

Simpler times.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I have a french co-worker who regularly eats half an avocado with like 3 tablespoons of mayo for breakfast.

Seen it regularly when we go to CERN and he can get "real mayonnaise".

Although the french did invent that poo poo so maybe they get a pass...

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Vilerat really is in heaven, this is the only explanation I have for this insanity.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I've been seeing some of that recently. I got a pamphlet about how "ethnic" bars in our neighborhood (which has been majority hispanic since the spanish killed all the natives) could be fronts for child prostitution rings where, according to the pamphlet, girls as young as 12 were forced to drink 50 drinks a night and have sex with hundreds of men per hour. It was loving bonkers.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bushiz posted:

I've been seeing some of that recently. I got a pamphlet about how "ethnic" bars in our neighborhood (which has been majority hispanic since the spanish killed all the natives) could be fronts for child prostitution rings where, according to the pamphlet, girls as young as 12 were forced to drink 50 drinks a night and have sex with hundreds of men per hour. It was loving bonkers.

Fast forward to the next weekend, a regular asks the bartender, "hey man what's with all these old white guys comin in all of a sudden, like they're looking for something"

Then Rushbo busts in Kramer-style

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Mad Hamish posted:

Wait, what?

Prostitution always spikes during the convention. Child prostitution is surprising though.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

They put that poo poo on pizza

PIZZA

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bushiz posted:

have sex with hundreds of men per hour.

How?

Wait, no, I don't want to get Cyrano-redtexted. :v:

Edit: punctuation is important

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 1, 2016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Bushiz posted:

I would love to see pics of that pamphlets.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trabisnikof posted:

I would love to see pics of that pamphlets.

I threw it away because it was handed to me on my walk to the coffeeshop by either a mormon or a jehova's witness and I didn't want to hold on to it, but they usually swing by the house every three months and if they leave anything more exciting than The Watchtower next time, I'll post it. I could be exaggerating the numbers but it was definitely more than one person could drink and more than one person could have sex with.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bushiz posted:

The Benghazi stuff is something I'd expect, though it's infuriating. Especially since the narrator is someone "who served in Benghazi". But a campaign about the child trafficking Hispanics is the type of dumb poo poo that blows up in your face like you're holding an ACME package.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Thank you! I'll make sure to add those to my daily reading. I always figured Drudge linked to the important articles but I didn't know it leaned right.

Replying before I even read the responses to this to say that Arrgy you're an awesome poster and this thread would be dramatically improved if more political naïfs posted itt :allears:

e:

i'll always love the New Yorker for being the only publication in print to drop an uncensored 'ratfuck' and a diaeresis in the same sentence

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
So a new poll has Trump ahead by +4

Rasmussen Reports

:laugh: Yeah fuckin right

Looking at the vast majority of polling over the last entire year, yeah... Rasmussen is poo poo, plain and simple. Of the polls since July '15 that actually show Trump ahead of Clinton, 4 are Fox News and 3 are Rasmussen. Only 4 other polls - at all, from anyone, all year - have ever shown Trump ahead.

• Locked thread