Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I read the Wolfman / Perez teen titans run as my first intro to DC outside of Superman and Batman.

It's got some really dark issues. The one with kids running drugs / getting pimped out was gross. I wasn't expecting that from an 80s mainstream comic. Pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I read Identity Crisis last night for the first time (I think, I have vague memories of some of the scenes but not the story... assume that's because I've seen them elsewhere). Yikes. The random rape scene is just awful and pointless considering where they took (or didn't take) the story.

Just... Bleh. I knew it had a reputation but I still expected it to be a bit better than that.

Also read Kingdom Come. I'm not a huge Alex Ross fan but it was pretty good.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bobkatt013 posted:

It took Doctor Light to rape city. Did you know he likes to rape? Did you know he was killed by spectre during Rape role play of prostitutes that are dressed like teen titans? Did I mention he likes rape?

It was really weird to go directly from Wildman / Perez Teen Titans, which is the only time I've really ever even heard of Dr Light, to this.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Crossed just felt... gross. I loved Preacher so, so, so, so much as a kid, but I'm afraid to re-read it now having read a whole lot of other Ennis stuff.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like what I've heard of I Read Comic Books. They start with a "what I read" and then do a topic discussion.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I read New Frontiers digitally but was thinking about getting the print version. Cooke's art is just fantastic. Love that book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I read Ex Machina over the past few days. I love Brian K Vaugn's work but holy poo poo the ending to that series was just so bad.

Generally I don't let bad endings ruin books for me, but I think the the second half of book 5 completely ruined Ex Machina and ensured I'll never re-read it.

• Locked thread