Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I read this guardian article yesterday about how Mignola is giving up Hellboy to paint, what the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The anti life equation turned out to be real simple huh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah sounds great. Also not giving up, ending.

But all the other ones are staying around? What about Hellboy and the BPRD? I haven't read Hellboy in Hell yet so I dunno if he died or gor turned into a human or some other massive status quo changing event but aren't there a ton of ongoings in that universe?

I gotta say, I would kill to see what he's painting. I can't imagine what a painting that takes Mike Mignola a year to work looks like.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Hellboy died in 2011, and was sent to hell. The rest are staying around as its just him no longer being the sole writer/artist. Hellboy and the BPRD are stories taking place in the past in the years between him joking and quitting BPRD to hang in Africa.

Ok thanks.

I'm re-reading the Hellboy-proper trades right now and I was looking over the list of all the Hellboy-universe comics and wondered how possible it would be to read everything. Or worth it, I know BPRD is supposed to be amazing but I don't know about the other stuff, of which there is a ton.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I tried to be a current comics reader during SW but keeping up with like 30 titles month to month, it's hard to remember everything that's going on in all of them. I prefer to just wait a while and read them in big chunks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wonder if there are people out there, not in the industry, who have read everything one (or both!!!) of the big 2 has ever put out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When I first was big into Marvel U and was just reading tons and tons of books I thought I'd try a heroic read of all the X-men mainline comics. Marvel U is missing a ton of those in the 70s-90s but it didn't matter because I never made it past five books of the original run. That old comic dialogue is to painful to actually read.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Marvel Unlimited absolutely slays, it's a godsend for new comics readers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hup posted:

I love that there's multiple dudes out there churning out the ugliest Poser comics imaginable.

Brutal owns on Mike Deodato and Ariel Olivetti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Guys, I just finished reading Scalped and my body feels post-coital right now, holy poo poo. It was like Breaking Bad and Banshee had a baby that matched the peaks of both of those shows. And I'm not sure I've seen any TV show or even a novel stick the landing so perfectly. That climax delivered on EVERYTHING.

I'm legit angry that a) not everyone has read it (I only heard of it because some guys on a podcast I listened to years ago heavily recommended it) , and b) it wasn't adapted into a TV show four years ago because seriously what the gently caress. The SECOND a screenwriter finished volume 6, it should have been pitched so hard it went into space.

I was meaning to finally check out Saga to see what all the fuss was about, but it just got bumped by Southern Bastards because Jason Aaron is clearly a mad genius.

Scalped absolutely slays and Southern Bastards is an excellent spiritual successor to it.

When Scalped came out were there a lot of Native American activists mad about a white guy writing about a corrupt Indian reservation?

• Locked thread