Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Arkham Knight would be an amazing game if it had no main story.

I think the core of how the side missions work in that game is actually pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Obligatory mention of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes having the best Hank Pym. A really well meaning humanist who hates being a superhero and still ends up being a colossal gently caress up.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Derrick Comedy in general is great, including their movie, Mystery Team. It's a shame they don't do stuff anymore because their sketches are all really top notch.
I dunno. A lot of it hasn't aged well, or at least doesn't hold up as you get older.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
On one hand, Ultimate Spider-Man is more fun than Johns' Flash.

On the other hand, I don't think Johns has ever given me the creeps the way Bendis sometimes can.

So probably Bendis.

CapnAndy posted:

Bendis, unless it's an event book.
Bendis's event books are bland, they're not unreadable like Infinite Crisis.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
You know that sounds like a good ethos and everything, but who the gently caress wants to read House of M over Infinite Crisis. I'd rather do taxes than read Infinite Crisis.

Travis343 posted:

Absolutely bendis, not even a question. I don't really know why so much of BSS doesn't like him.
Honestly, it was out of liking him that I grew a distaste. I was super into his Avengers books, but he never really stuck the landing and things never really paid off the way you hoped.

Also, that one Hood story where bad guys are watching a video of a naked Tigra getting the poo poo beaten out of each other and Bucky is asked to kiss a villain's gun. When people were skeeved out about heroines too often being naked in his books, I wrote it off, but that's when I started getting creeped out by the guy.

But in the end, I think he definitely had an infinitely more net positive impact on the Marvel Universe than Johns.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I also don't think we really get Fraction's Marvel stuff without Bendis either.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

No that would be Hickman, as he started as the co-writer of Secret Warriors. Fraction was with Brubaker.
I know that's who brought him in; I'm just not sure that Immortal Iron Fist happens without Bendis's Daredevil and revitalization of Cage. Like, I know it doesn't require those components to exist from a story perspective, but I think that stuff created an environment for something like Iron Fist to happen.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

There's a reason no one made a gif of the full thing.

Looks like they were a fan of this better short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

I would say that the one nut they've never been able to crack, which they periodically continually try to replicate is Spider-Man. I largely think it's basically impossible for DC to do so, but DC has tried on and off for decades at this point to have their own S-M, even though the overarching genetics of the company makes it basically impossible.
Wally West is a pretty great DC version of Spidey as is Jaime Reyes.

• Locked thread