Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hi! I'm a Games forum poster, but egads, I can't not post in this thread. Watching their Facebook page over the years became a running joke almost, and I thought the performance announcement and the "documentary" trailer was just master trolling, but here I am listening to a brand new track and wow 16 years, holy poo poo.

Edit: There's a clip from a song called "Subways", I guess, that plays if you call a hotline of some sort that sounds VERY much like SILY. So far what I've heard feels very much like "more music from The Avalanches" which is all I've wanted all these years.

Edit2: You can listen here: http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/06/the-avalanches-have-finally-returned-with-new-single-frankie-sinatra-listen/ How they cleared a Sound of Music sample, I'll never know.

mutata fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I imagine that the album will not represent 16 years of work but will instead represent the 6 months or whatever that it took to produce what we're actually hearing.

I'm just hoping for more Avalanches, nothing more. Back when I would follow them more closely (2007ish?) they were taking about the 2nd album being completely different to SILY which was less interesting to me, so I'm pleased so far!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A clip of Subways live at Primavera, for those who are wondering where the "avalanches sound" is and might not be digging Frankie Sinatra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csBPQ9E5z-8

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Half the fun of huge album releases is chasing down bootlegs and leaks.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Check the Avalanches subreddit. They have a pinned post with links to every Avalanches mix and bootleg ever.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It does feel like a great follow up to SILY. Like you found out your best friend has a younger sibling that wants to hang out too and they turned out to be different but pretty cool still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I agree with the above, but I really enjoy listening to both albums back to back. It's like a party then an after party.

Wildflower just isn't as full as SILY. Sound, samples, and soul. But I still like it.

• Locked thread