Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

MC Eating Disorder posted:

there's no real "holy gently caress" track jumping out at me like Frontier Psychiatrist did

After hearing Frankie Sinatra a couple months back, and liking it okay except for the lovely mixing on the YouTube video, I've finally sat down and listened to the whole album and yeah, I have to agree that there just aren't that many tracks that stand out on this album for me. It's all good, but mostly it's just good. I guess I just like Avalanches stuff that deviates the most from what the average Avalanches song is, like Frontier Psychiatrist or Undersea Community or Yamaha Superstar.

The majority of this album overall has a nice sound to it, but most of the tracks just sort of move along with the same texture and tone all the way through and just aren't very dynamic. It's nice for background music, but I can't say I'd actively listen to 80% of it. I've only picked up a few tracks off of Wildflower. The two Danny Brown features, The Noisy Eater, and Because I'm Me.

By the way, for folks who are really enjoying The Noisy Eater, check out the band The Bran Flakes. The instrumental on Noisy Eater sounds like it could totally be a Bran Flakes tune, albeit with much higher production values.

dot communist fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread