Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
You have to love a game that gently encourages you to dump your remaining ammo into whatever infrastructure and fleeing locals happen to be nearby before leaving the map. A Brigador with rounds in the feed is a lazy Brigador.

Also last night while playing a tank with optic camo in one of the story missions I ran out of ammo after I blasted the depots, so I ended up sneaking around the rest of the mission then bursting out on unsuspecting baddies, like a mix between Kool-aid Man and Predator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Everything about Glorybox is hilarious.

Joy Bus/Hell Ride is kind of evil. I should have known with how reassuring the contract was. I figured there was a catch I just didn't guess how many. First you have to weave through an armada of kamikazes, the depots are on the opposite side of the map, and finally they're probably not going to give you enough ammo to shoot down all the bastards and kill your target. You have to use your thinker and get decent at piloting. I do enjoy how different it is from the other maps.

I seem to have the soundtrack+book bug as well, Steam Oct. 16 2015

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I just did a no alarm run with the Killdozer on Metal Health, and it finally clicked with me.

The thing about Killdozers, the essence of a Killdozer, is that it's a Killdozer, so you should let it be one. The guns are mostly party favors and are just there to clear out the the few damnable things you can't run over, the bastards. If you're not shredding metal beneath your treads you're doing it wrong.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The Chook is still my baby. I just love that goofy little thing, and it's still heavy enough that if you drop smoke and crouch down it can weather some fairly nasty rushes. Of course, I do have to wonder who that sap riding shotgun is.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Jose Mengelez posted:

Contact totalbiscuit and yahtzee maybe?
This feels like something they'd cover and maybe even like. Probably don't mention you're goons though.

Maybe get the game on Desura or GoG if thats possible?

If it's possible I would suggest trying to get on GOG. They may not have as many users as Steam, but their clientele would probably be more receptive to the game due to the nature of the site. Plus, you're almost guaranteed more exposure there than on Steam since they tend to slap every single new release front and center on the front page.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

dyzzy posted:

Man even if Yahtzee spent 15 minutes just taking an audio dump on Brigador it would be a godsend. It's so hard to even catch the notice of popular Youtube/Twitch folks and any coverage is good coverage.

e: y'all might have missed the part where GoG turned the game down due to low EA numbers.

Oh, well that sucks

EDIT: There's an entry for it on the wishlist, so go give it some votes. GOG's said in the past that they do pay close attention to it: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/brigador

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 16, 2016

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Fish Noise posted:

You want the "normal" way or the "ahahahahahaha holy poo poo that actually worked" way?

In general, Bombuchas are tough and persistent but slow and wobbly. They're not so great at sharp turns. All your vehicle options are maneuverable enough to kite them in a circle and buy you time to think. It is also possible to do really close-in evasion but you best be good.

Normal: Focus on piloting and evading the bombuchas. Your first hurdle is getting past a double-barrier of trains while Bombuchas are pursuing and a spotter-captain Citadel is nearby. Kite the Bombuchas in circles while slamming the first train wall each pass, be careful not to get within laser range of that Citadel. Once you can get through, slamspam to get past the second train wall. A turret and more Bombuchas await you. The turret doesn't have a good shot on the further half of the level so move past that quickly and get your evasion on. There will be a narrow passage with a Bombucha in it. Bait that out to stack it on the other Bombuchas before proceeding - it's probably possible to squeeze past but I'm not that good. Beyond that you have the ammo towers. Reload on the move, it can take a few passes. Once you're armed up, get your murder on.

To add to this there's lots of environmental explosives in the back half of the level, and it's super easy to get the Bombuchas bunched up around them to take many of them out with little ammo. I found this especially helpful with the Pompadour because it's rocket ammo goes quick.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Modesto Pires should be a card. For some reason I think he looks cool.

I agree. For some reason him and the Touro are the face of Brigador to me.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

uber_stoat posted:

saw this linked on the steam forum, interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOe98R0bcmg

I'm glad you mentioned Crusader briefly, because it's what Brigador reminds me of more than anything. It has the same general sort of look and themes, and fantastic soundtrack. There's also the fact that at a glance it looks like a top down shoot 'em up, but in actual play it's more strategic with survival depending on your ability to choose and control fights as much as your ability to inflict hyper-violence.

Really what I'm getting it is Brigador 2 needs FMV.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

Basically every time I lose a run it's because either something I didn't expect to explode exploded, or one of my own shots hit a bit of rubble and exploded in my face.
As the length of a run increases the probability of one of these things happening approaches 1.

Request: Please make exploding terrain much more obvious. Along the lines of the kamikaze units.

I've been playing as the Mongoose with Faker/Bonesaw/Camo and have been getting fairly decent with it, but have yet to finish a run because inevitably I'll forget to check my arc and fire the Faker directly into my slack-jawed drooling idiot face. My proudest moment was killing every captain on the map with a single shot, and was soon followed by me murdering myself on a reinforced blast wall trying to overkill some jackass on a moped.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I finally finished a run with the Mongoose

Yeah, it was Orientation as Modesto, and I scuffed the paint job, but drat it I done it.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Buff Skeleton posted:

The faker is really good with another quiet weapon, or something you use as backup. When I use it, I pretty much use that as the primary weapon and whatever my other mount is, even if it's a Main mount, is my "oh poo poo they found me" weapon. The key is to get enemies to stay put, or -- better -- hit them before they even start moving.

Also, in a tank it's really easy to scoot juuuust enough to give it the boost in range you need, and in an agrav it's a little harder since its acceleration is so high. Mechs I found the hardest to use with artillery because they almost always have a steeper acceleration curve than any tank.

My favorite thing to do with Faker is fire it at a target, then fire another round straight up and re-position. By the time baddies get to my first firing position the second round hits, which will draw any survivors to the same spot setting them up for another round. With a little luck you can kill Spacer swarms this way.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

anthony patch posted:

Alright, cheevo list is finalized. We've used some of what's suggested here, but you'll just have to play the re-launch in June to find out what we used huehueheuhue.

Seriously though, thanks for the input.

Darn, I was slow on the draw.

anthony patch posted:

AGRAVS
???
Complete a run with a Kettle equipped with Harvester, Thunderclap, and Smoke Projector

I was going to suggest "Tempest in a Teapot" for this one.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

ravinghobo posted:

Curious- units don't freak out any try to run do they?

I've seen to see Mogs try to swoop in, rip off a burst, and try to run away, like how the long roadster buggies do their swooping hit and run attacks, but I thought I've seen them rarely nope out of situations and try to (slowly, heh.) run away.

I was just playing (alt tabbed so I don't forget what I wanted to say, and I get to listen to the mellow white noise city soundscape!) and there were two mogs rounding a corner of a building, I ripped one apart with a spray of fire, and the other one promptly turned around and started trying to put as much ground between me and them as possible.
Is this intentional and some units have 'moral' of some sorts, or is it just something with pathing messing up every once in awhile?

I smile at the idea of the Fatshoe I keep coming back to being some kind of lurking horror spoken about only in hushed voices around a burning trash barrel.
I have zero clue why that seems to be my current favorite mech for doing that, but whatever works!

They do. I'm not sure what triggers it, but they will haul rear end off to their nearest buddy sometimes. Maybe the smaller units have a high imperative to pair up with other units, so if you blast their friends they'll run off to group up with someone else.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Mordja posted:

What sort of marketing push are you guys doing for the relaunch? Don't want your efforts to go unnoticed.

Semi-related, but any chance GOG has warmed up to the possibility of listing it?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

gauss posted:

we are coming to GOG.

gently caress yeah! Congratulations!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
There's something strangely amusing about the fact that the guy who is all about a genre almost entirely played by bored housewives and retirees get's it, but people that would call themselves "serious gamers" are flummoxed by it.

I've been playing through the campaign missions since the Up-Armored release, and I love the new Crambo. It used to be my least favorite weapon, but now it's a real contender.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey hey hey hey

HOGs are great chill games for everyone! You enjoy the goofy story, look for objects, solve adventure game tier puzzles. They're great games to play when you're unwinding between other games, like Brigador.

(*Source: I'm in my twenties, unmarried, and god I wish I could retire.)

I'm not trash talking them. My girlfriend plays them quite a bit when we're chilling and watching tv or whatever. One my favorite pastimes is looking over at her screen for 5 seconds, pointing out something she's been hunting for 15 minutes, and watching her rage.

But really what I'm saying is grandpa and grandma are true doom murderheads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I never noticed Pinho is alone on a ship full of spacers in The Void Repeats. :stare: