Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I started a new game again and gently caress this games so good. The new update makes the UI a lot better too. Can't wait to get to the DLCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I'm playing on death march this time and its definitely how the game is meant to be played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played the Witcher 2 at 600x480, minimum settings on every graphical feature and still got around 15 to 20 FPS. I don't know how I ever lived through that

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Would it be okay to skip 1 and 2 and go right to 3?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just bought it a couple days ago since it's on sale on Steam. I played about an hour on PS4 when it came out but I wanna give it another chance

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yep. 3 barely uses 2s story but when it does it explains everything to you

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

Yep. 3 barely uses 2s story but when it does it explains everything to you

Cool

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
How does 1 hold up? I've been sitting on a copy of that forever and never felt like I had the time to devote to it. People seem to love these games but I dunno if my laptop can run 3.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 2, 2016

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Black Baby Goku posted:

Absolutely. If youre that worried about it just watch youtube vids for the story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

How does 1 hold up? I've been sitting on a copy of that forever and never felt like I had the time to devote to it. People seem to love these games but I dunno if my laptop can run 3.

1 has runescape style combat

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

I don't know what Runescape is so I don't know if this is good or bad. Probably bad if you're saying it like that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I don't know what Runescape is so I don't know if this is good or bad. Probably bad if you're saying it like that.

You left click on dudes and watch Geralt swing his sword around like a ninny and numbers periodically pop up. I stopped playing at 5 minutes but apparently the game is like 60 hours long. 2 and 3 are much more active, even if Im still not a fan of how they feel.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The combat in 1 was really bad, I didn't like it in 2 either but it was better. I just picked up 3 while it was on sale but I have to update my graphics card before I can play it

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Does that one guy finally address the issue of his itchy balls?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I played several hours of 3 last August and stopped when MGSV came out. I just got the first two books the other day and I'm going to read those before I get back into it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Kazvall posted:

Does that one guy finally address the issue of his itchy balls?

Sadly this plot thread has been left dangling like a pair of itchy balls

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Benny D posted:

Sadly this plot thread has been left dangling like a pair of itchy balls

Geralt's always trying to sleep with every lady he sees, but I just wanna know if that guys balls are alright. :(

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

He also sleeps with trees and fish

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It was a lovely little fish. And it went wherever I did go.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

The voice acting in 3 is some of the best I've heard in a video game

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The voice acting is insanely good. The story is great. Those developers make a lot of triple a devs look like garbage

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I played several hours of 3 last August and stopped when MGSV came out. I just got the first two books the other day and I'm going to read those before I get back into it.

I did this too with MGSV . They've patched it a ton and revamped the inventory and crafting interfaces, I'm probably gonna just start over soon

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
How long is it on steam sale?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

How long is it on steam sale?

It's not anymore apparently but Green Man Gaming has it for $23 as a GOG key

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Thanks for the heads up. I bought it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

1 is bad but kind of charming in its badness but not really and witcher 2 has some of the worst combat i've ever experienced in a videogame rpg so probably

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm gooing to play witcher 3 someday

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

so does 3 :downsrim:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm gooing to play witcher 3 someday

Do it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

witcher 3 is extremely good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really liked doing side quests and discovering they were all well written and had cool cutscenes and poo poo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
witcher 3 is lots of fun and I really want to play the dlc

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I started this game and it was really cool but I never finished it. I'll probably play it in 6 months when I've finished Dark Souls 1. Slow gaming ftw

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I use the Nvidia hair technology

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Slow gaming ftw

Gotta get yer dollars worth, mate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I started this game and it was really cool but I never finished it. I'll probably play it in 6 months when I've finished Dark Souls 1. Slow gaming ftw

I've been playing the new fire emblem for like 3 months, doing a chapter every once in a while, it's cool to take it easy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have 66 hours in this game and i think i just got to the midpoint of the story lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The store page for the new dlc said it adds 30 hours of content. That's amazing

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
CDPR made a full game and called it DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's amazing how the same developer and IP have the worst western RPG I've ever played and the best one I've ever played

• Locked thread