Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Every few months I play 10--12 hours of this and then stop for whatever reason so I'll probably have it beaten by early 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My rig isnt powerful enough to run this :sad:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I used : Sad: with the hopes that the smiley showing up would represent how I feel and not be a pic of Donald Turmp.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ANyway... Cyberpunk 2077 is probably going to be amazing

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Sorry rear end rig. Bitch rig

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

I used : Sad: with the hopes that the smiley showing up would represent how I feel and not be a pic of Donald Turmp.

I bet you want to kiss him and your upset at suddenly being subjected to confusing feelings you usually don't like thinking about.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

I bet you want to kiss him and your upset at suddenly being subjected to confusing feelings you usually don't like thinking about.

No.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

It sucks. I turned almost all the settings down to the bare minimum and it runs okay but I don't want to play this beautiful game like that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres just a lot going on. even with an r9 380 i have to turn a bunch of stuff down

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I genuinely enjoyed going to random podunk towns and helping to solve all the mysteries like scooby doo episodes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Get this, even a ps4 can run this

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The wedding quest in hearts of stone is great

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This game is really loving good.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

NickRoweFillea posted:

This game is really loving good.

:omarcomin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i finished the Hearts of Stone dlc last night and it was really loving good, like, i think the quests are better than the main game in writing/choice/pacing, although theres some fights towards the end that are annoying as poo poo. looking forward to starting the new dlc now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gaunter o'dimm is a cool villain

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This is the first Witcher that I've really gotten in to. I've read some of the books prior to this, and I really like in the game how each sidequest is like a little short story. It's very well written.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

NickRoweFillea posted:

This is the first Witcher that I've really gotten in to. I've read some of the books prior to this, and I really like in the game how each sidequest is like a little short story. It's very well written.

some of the sidequests are better than main quests in a lot of games

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

C-Euro posted:

How does 1 hold up? I've been sitting on a copy of that forever and never felt like I had the time to devote to it. People seem to love these games but I dunno if my laptop can run 3.

It's a turd.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

net cafe scandal posted:

*Definately

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

https://youtu.be/izblmgqBs8g

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whats the witcher 3 gameplay like?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

its good. im personally not a huge fan of the combat but its serviceable. its real stregnth is in the world in that it feels way more alive than most open world games, also there's lots of quests and theyre not just bog standard point point b stuff. and exploration is fun.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

playng on the highest difficultys pretty mch mandatory, itm akes you use all the bombs nd potions you get and be tactical about combat in a cool way. i still thnk the combat is kind of whatever but that helps a lot

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I just hit level 40 as geralt raised his sword to the crowd as champion of the knights tourney in the new dlc. This poo poo is awesome you get an upgradeable vineyard with display cases and stuff.
Its crazy how good the writing is, like everybody you meet even if they have three lines is a well developed character. Theres assholes you have to deal with a lot and cool characters that are there for five seconds and then gone forever.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey, so how is the crafting in this version?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

You have to have a master level craftsman make the good poo poo for you, which theres only s couple of in game, but with the latest patch you can buy ingredients off the crafting screen which is really good

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Alright, word. It was pretty fun to search for alchemy/potion ingredients, too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

3rd person action with spells and sword moves, and potions and stuff. I've only played 2 which was clunky and boring but m it seems like 3's is better

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
i played the first one a bit & the second one a bit and the combat was insanely boring. like Batman combat but instead of pressing a button to punch, youhave a clunky rts interface that you can click to switch between 3 different buffs to fight the three different in the game; big guy, small guy, swarm guy.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its cool how 4 guys 5 levels lower than you can be as much of a threat as one big monster higher than you. The combat feel is hard to describe exactly but if youve played dark souls it will click fast. Self preservation oriented, crowd management, and lots of poking out openings for a couple hits and dodging out

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also theres quests you can win by using the in game magic the gathering, and whenever you ask someone if they want to play a match they give you the creepy grin

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hah how fleshed out is the in game tcg?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kazvall posted:

its really cool, lot of fun

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Fungah! posted:

its really cool, lot of fun

noice, might just pick it up, hopefully during the steam summer sale *hint hint gaben*

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Kazvall posted:

It might be my second favorite tcg minigame after Triple Triad

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

a Loving Dog posted:

some of the sidequests are better than main quests in a lot of games

The Bloody Baron side quest is very good. I seriously can't praise enough how well characterized these people are.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Its crazy how good the writing is, like everybody you meet even if they have three lines is a well developed character. Theres assholes you have to deal with a lot and cool characters that are there for five seconds and then gone forever.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

its so good that r. clown broke character to discuss it

• Locked thread