Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I did that too. The innkeeper's horrified reaction makes more sense this way imo

gwent's actually good fun and i never play card minigames due to still crying out "pazaak" in my sleep years after KotOR

it seems well done but i dont like any kind of card game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

one thing i love about gwent is the way characters casually talk about the rare cards which almost exclusively represent geralt and his friends and never acknowledge that there's anything weird about it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh man the UI is waaay loving better now lol

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

one thing i love about gwent is the way characters casually talk about the rare cards which almost exclusively represent geralt and his friends and never acknowledge that there's anything weird about it

*fat drunk at the tavern talking to his mates* You got a Triss card? Hell yeah... That's my waifu

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jerkops posted:

*fat drunk at the tavern talking to his mates* You got a Triss card? Hell yeah... That's my waifu

He's drunk because he makes bad decisions, like picking Triss.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

at the date posted:

I oneshotted the whole group in the inn with grapeshot so in the following cutscene the whole room was drenched in gore while bystanders were screaming and vomiting. I don't think the devs meant that scene to be quite so hardcore.

Lol. I wanna see this. Geralt burns down the mother loving tavern.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I would pay like 30 bucks for a standalone gwent game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just discovered the quen upgrade that heals you when you block damage...why

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat this game looks good on a PC

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love it when you need to find a certain book or note amongst a pile and the devs use it as a chance to have geralt read as many dumbass book titles as possible

(really gruff murderer voice) "The Horse Whistler..hmm, not what I'm looking for"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just started playing this last week on PS4 and while I am enjoying it, I wish I could make the font bigger.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

The Witcher 3 Pwns.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

/me quietly adds picture to C:\Slaveowner_Leonardo_Dicaprio_Memes\

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Xbox One Code for this is $25 on amazon right now, I dunno if it's a sale or a permanent thing but heads up either way!!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

rediscover posted:

The Witcher 3 Pwns.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm gonna give the game another try since it sounds like they patched the movement to be less clunky and it comes highly recommended from forums user a loving dog who seems to share the same taste in video games and tv shows as me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

This game is easily the greatest game of all time, including the future, but gwent is trash for idiots and should be replaced by interactive pissing contests between Geralt of Rivia and his oponents

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dukberry posted:

This game is easily the greatest game of all time, including the future, but gwent is trash for idiots and should be replaced by interactive pissing contests between Geralt of Rivia and his oponents

I'd like a little more substance here Dukberry

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

Yesterday when I played the game a man cut off his ear to thank me for turning a tree into a horse, I think that speaks volumes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

"This game is easily the greatest game of all time, including the future, but gwent is trash for idiots and should be replaced by interactive pissing contests between Geralt of Rivia and his oponents"

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

you took the words right out of my mouth

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
now if only we could get them out of your posts

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

:boom:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dukberry posted:

Gwent is fun, and might be my second or third favorite card game sidequest after Triple Triad and maybe Tetra Master.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

arcomage is he best.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

card gme in xenosaga episode 1's my second fave, it was so fuckn cool. played gwent for like n hour and a half last night and it's probably number 3 though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dukberry posted:

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

geralt plays gwent ironically. he's a card game hipster.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol yeah that was great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well, now i feel bad for missing out on gwent dialogue

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Equine Phantoms is the best quest of all time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think dragon quest VIII is the best quest of all time

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I think dragon quest VIII is the best quest of all time

Undertale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

I'm not very strong yet in this game, I'm only level 9 so actually my earlier statement might have been presumptive; but I want to be clear that I'm writing fanfic right now where I have Geralt's babies despite the loading screen tip I saw that told me he's shooting blanks.

• Locked thread