Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I liked the contract to catch an imp and geralt immediately asks the guy if his notice had an "imp-erfection" and then gave the smuggest loving smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I liked the contract to catch an imp and geralt immediately asks the guy if his notice had an "imp-erfection" and then gave the smuggest loving smile

geralt is the best character

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

exploring is the best part of the game. im on what seems to be the final quest so i just started hitting up question marks, found a monster den with a huge horrible queen spider thing i've never seen before that kept summoning endrega minions, got a bunch of cool poo poo off it too.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game still crashes a lot and even causes total gpu failures and i have to reboot though lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love when geralt says he could really use a game of gwent and the person he asks just stares at him. That exchange rules, especially since the nerd scholar in the first tavern had to explain the whole game to geralt who was like "I guess, this is OK"

B&W is good, even on death march, the bosses have a reasonable amount of health. But sometimes i get so excited about the stupid story and cutscenes I'll lower the difficulty just to get past it. Blood & Broken Bones is decent, 4-5 hits to die instead of 1-2. Everything melts either way. Easier to play dress up outside death march. I only lowered the difficulty so far in B&W cause of a add-heavy fight.

The combat isn't the best, but whoever said it was dead on the money: it is Satisfying. Very much.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I miss D-Horse.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The code for d horse should be licensed out to every game that includes a horse from now until the heat death

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-08-the-witcher-3s-gwent-set-to-be-a-standalone-game

oh baby

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahaha

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Has anybody here played the Witcher Adventure Game? How is it?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Has anybody here played the Witcher Adventure Game? How is it?

real fuckin bad, it's total trash

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

🙌🙌🙌🙌

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Instead of playing any of the $200 worth of games I've bought in the last month I popped this back in the quad

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had to turn the difficulty down for the final boss because hes a stupid piece of poo poo lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Finished the Bloody Baron's questline. Brutal.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Finished the Bloody Baron's questline. Brutal.

That whole sequence from start (hearing rumours in the outlying villages about him) to meeting him & the conclusion were better written than most of the tv and movies I've seen

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i like the sidequests in kaer morhen. whenever geralt has a chance to bounce off other witchers it's always a good exchange, especially if they're from the wolf school.

need to reinstall this and pick up the dlc campaigns, and the wolf school set.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

almost wrapped up with all the epilogue cutscenes after the finale and it crashed my gpu, reloaded and i was fighting the boss again RIP

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

The Bloody Baron questline is really good although I'd say the Hearts of Stone questline is the best in the game.

Hearts of Stone may be the best questline in any rpg ever.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I hope theres only four factions to reflect the laws of nature that the original creators intended

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rofl

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cnidaria posted:

The Bloody Baron questline is really good although I'd say the Hearts of Stone questline is the best in the game.

Hearts of Stone may be the best questline in any rpg ever.

Gaunter loving rules

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i had never seen this trailer before and its freaking badass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

i had never seen this trailer before and its freaking badass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM

CD Projeckt absolutely knows how to make a monster hunter look & sound badass.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

all the witcher cinematic trailers are super good, even the one for the first witcher

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

a Loving Dog posted:

This plays at the beginning of w3 iirc, and yeah all of their cinematics are amazing. Blizzard-level quality imo

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Jerkops posted:

This plays at the beginning of w3 iirc, and yeah all of their cinematics are amazing. Blizzard-level quality imo

No, it's the one where Geralt is tracking Yennefer across a battlefield. Segues straight into White Orchard.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I think dragon quest VIII is the best quest of all time

it's mario

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Do runestones get any better than small percentage boosts?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

10% is highest ive seen at like level 45, but theres a runecraft in the hearts of stone dlc that lets you have crazier effects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

at the date posted:

No, it's the one where Geralt is tracking Yennefer across a battlefield. Segues straight into White Orchard.

Ah right

• Locked thread