Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
the intro with letho in 2 taking out a whole boat is great as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

the intro with letho in 2 taking out a whole boat is great as well

That is a really sweet CG

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwCXw8m0PHI

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

https://www.playgwent.com/en/signup

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Why isn't this poo poo on the quad

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Timed exclusive I think?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Just the beta it sounded like, when it actually launches it'll be PC//XB1/PS4 (with cross-play??) -- I really want it on my phone though

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
The only bad parts of witcher are when you're swimming underwater in a cave.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pookum posted:

The only bad parts of witcher are when you're swimming underwater in a cave.

cat helps a lot with those bits..but gently caress the swimming in general really

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

cat helps a lot with those bits..but gently caress the swimming in general really

It's extremely hosed up that the new movement system doesn't apply to the swimming, and that Geralt never seems to swim level unless he's on the surface or the very bottom. The mission where you go looking for the djinn with Yennifer was extremely painful.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

There was going to be swimming in mgs5 but they couldn't make it work to their satisfaction and it was cut, if Hideo's godlike coders couldn't make swimming in a video game fun I don't think anyone can

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Benny D posted:

There was going to be swimming in mgs5 but they couldn't make it work to their satisfaction and it was cut, if Hideo's godlike coders couldn't make swimming in a video game fun I don't think anyone can
Aquaria and Majora's Mask had fun swimming.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Great Joe posted:

Aquaria and Majora's Mask had fun swimming.

Majora's mask is probably the most fun swimming in a game. I'm also a fan of super Mario world's swimming levels but it's low on the tier of Mario levels I'd like to play

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Majora's mask is probably the most fun swimming in a game.

Too bad they hosed it up in the 3DS version.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the swimming is completely fine in MM3DS

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

the swimming is completely fine in MM3DS

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I just read the first Witcher book, The Last Wish, which is basically a collection of short stories with a frame story around them. They were all pretty good, but looking back I find it funny that Geralt never actually kills any monsters in any of them

e: nvm I just remembered he does in one of them, but only after being helped

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Humanity is the monster

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

You know what'd set me straight? A round of Gwent. (Geralt does the aggressive pointing gesture)

(Npc nods sheepishly, creaking chest, the Gwent music begins. Time to game. )

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I went back to do a bunch of old witcher contracts at level 19 and the jenny of the woods level 10 quest hosed me up cuz I forgot you had to use the magic trap on wraiths.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

one of my favorite parts of this game is that there is no morality system, you can choose to be a dick here and a savior there and the consequences play out later on for those individual actions, like they would in the real world

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

one of the dumbest things ever in modern rpgs is if you steal something that permanently makes your character evil and people across the world start talking about how evil you are, it is such a cheap lovely way to make people play a game twice to experience everything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's only in bethesda aka Badthesda games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alpha protocol had a cool system because it wasn't morality based, just relationship driven, and no matter what you did you got perks that boosted your play style. Wish somebody would revisit that system with better gameplay

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

that's only in bethesda aka Badthesda games

kotor did it too, but i guess it made a little more sense there with the force and all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in new vegas morality is natively broken and even though the UI is telling you you're doing no-nos, your morale only goes up and you end up being wasteland jesus no matter what you do lol

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I liked the reputation system in new vegas, where it was more about how specific locations felt about you and those factions have friend/foe relationships with each other that affect your standing

edit : huh didn't know it was broken. well I liked the concept, if it actually worked.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that prt worked fine, karma didnt because killing raiders gave you a shitload of good krma and they were hostile to everyone

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

that prt worked fine, karma didnt because killing raiders gave you a shitload of good krma and they were hostile to everyone

oh was that it? ppl told me it was outright bugged

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
It's a pretty simple idea but I liked that being hostile towards the powder gangers made ncr or whichever faction was adjacent to the prison friendlier towards your character.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah i was talking about karma sorry. the faction stuff worked fine, and i liked that since it actually made sense. "if you get along with cesar, NCR will not like you" = good, "the whole world magically knows if you are Good or Bad" = dumb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I sided with Caesar when I played NV, and then assassinated him by pretending to botch his brain surgery and took over his army. There was a lot of cool options in that game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I sided with Caesar when I played NV, and then assassinated him by pretending to botch his brain surgery and took over his army. There was a lot of cool options in that game

i want to replay it one day but heavily modded, ive seen some cool stuff that makes the combat feel smoother and more actiony. perhaps ill make this a summer gaming goal

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I replayed it modded out the rear end end of last year and it was a good time. play the Autumn Leaves mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
there was a really basic disguise system apparently. you could sneak into new vegas if you had the right outfit equipped and bypassed a security checkpoint.

• Locked thread