Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

there was a really basic disguise system apparently. you could sneak into new vegas if you had the right outfit equipped and bypassed a security checkpoint.

lol my first time playing i used this to run around a powder gang base rly early in the game, but it doesnt work on like, non-grunt enemies so it quickly became a massacre. what a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

in new vegas morality is natively broken and even though the UI is telling you you're doing no-nos, your morale only goes up and you end up being wasteland jesus no matter what you do lol

Actually I went around stealing while standing up, killing people and eating them in broad daylight and that really upset people. To the point where they'd send mercenary bands after me, whom I'd just kill and eat. I went around punching and killing and eating everyone til there were no quest npcs even left, and I couldn't complete the game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah if you wore faction armor hostile factions wouldn't attack unless you got close to a really high ranking person or opened fire first. This let you do some of the side quests in either faction base if you didnt do them or whatever.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is the intro movie whenever you boot up witcher 2 and i'd watch it i wanna say 75% of the time because its extremely badass

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

w2 is also a pretty drat good game, especially when it goes on sale for literally 3 bucks but W3 is so much better in every way it just loving eclipses it.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

w2 is also a pretty drat good game, especially when it goes on sale for literally 3 bucks but W3 is so much better in every way it just loving eclipses it.

I was gonna play through it first when the trilogy went on sale a few weeks ago, but I also got W3 and just wanted to see how good it'd look on PC and never went back. Someday.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well i mostly say good because of the writing, it has a great story that keeps you goin. but it has some big issues. geralt's extremely limited inventory + game's constant demand to horde everything, dodge being worthless until youre able to upgrade it many hours in so the combat often feels hopeless at the start (and the combat in general being extremely clunky even w/ the enhanced edition), loving horrible bullshit boss fights etc. etc.

but the main plot is more interesting than 3's i feel. the sidequests in 3 are fantastic as everyone has said but the main plot revolves around chasing this girl for 90% of the game and i found it pretty dull

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yyah i just finished the main plot in velen nd it sucks that the resolution to the main plot in velen is well she was in novigrad all along just like they fuckn told you at the beginning of the game. why the fjuck did i even come here then

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

otoh the bloody barons a really well written character nd the crones are great villains, that whole side quest is great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its all made worse by how once you finally loving find ciri the plot makes a mad sprint for the end and some extremely convenient things happen like a magic rock that summons the wild hunt's flagship for an easy ambush

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I thought everything up to the battle at Kaer Morhen was awesome and then afterwards the pace was really thrown off because suddenly we were all still farting around for a while even though there wasn't really anything keeping the wild hunt from just ambushing Ciri again

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

anyway time to start blood and wine today, heard nothing but great things about it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I thought everything up to the battle at Kaer Morhen was awesome and then afterwards the pace was really thrown off because suddenly we were all still farting around for a while even though there wasn't really anything keeping the wild hunt from just ambushing Ciri again

yeah, it was weird for the plot to immediately go to the foglet infested mountain where you infiltrate the party and kill the biggest guy in the hunt.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Action Tortoise posted:

yeah, it was weird for the plot to immediately go to the foglet infested mountain where you infiltrate the party and kill the biggest guy in the hunt.

Not at all. Ciri's uncontrolled explosion almost annihilated the Wild Hunt's entire expedition to Kaer Morhen. They weren't going anywhere near her again until they were ready.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

at the date posted:

Not at all. Ciri's uncontrolled explosion almost annihilated the Wild Hunt's entire expedition to Kaer Morhen. They weren't going anywhere near her again until they were ready.

how does ciri know about the party and that the big guy was attending it? is there someone there relaying info to her?

i dunno, it just feels like a plot hole to me.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

how does ciri know about the party and that the big guy was attending it? is there someone there relaying info to her?

it was the sage that told her, but it was still bullshit lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
started a new game to play death march start to finish on and got slaughtered by the first group of goblins lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao at the post that got larry probed

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

Lol

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Action Tortoise posted:

Well, besides the sage telling her, she already overheard the Crones talking about Imlerith. But I agree it was forced. I got the sense that they cut a link in the story somewhere between Kaer Morhen and Bald Mountain.* Still, the last stage of the game is meant to feel rushed compared to the search that occupies the first 80%. You're trying to find a way to ambush the Wild Hunt before they recover from Kaer Morhen. It's a dramatic change of pace, but it makes perfect sense as a rapid escalation to a climax.

*I also wish Weavess's survival was addressed outside of the miserable ending that you'd have to be a complete moron to trigger and probably had to look up on YouTube. Fighting the Wicked Witch in B&W went a little ways toward that, but only indirectly.

Bobnumerotres posted:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bobnumerotres posted:

Good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just used a grapeshot when the guys attack you in the bar and instantly blew them in half lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

the battle of kaer morhen is sweet

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i beat the vanilla game and started on hearts of stone. the wedding was lots of fun!

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

i beat the vanilla game and started on hearts of stone. the wedding was lots of fun!

Congrats my man. I wanted to do another playthrough of vanilla before I hit the DLCs. I'm in Novigrad looking for Dandelion

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

it's so good. all three main HoS quests are amazing but I wish Open Sesame had been a bit more interactive

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I love filling up the aerondight bar

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

im playing wticher 2 now i cant stop gaming

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

im playing wticher 2 now i cant stop gaming

howre you liking it bud

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im up to the last quest for Blood and Wine but i want to do all the side quests first but i want to just beat the game already

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

act 3 was a little rushed. still, its one of the best rpgs i've played in agess

i watched the bad ending and wow its powerful

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i played it tonight and its looks beautiful. the fighting seems much better than the second one

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

tumor looking batty posted:

i played it tonight and its looks beautiful. the fighting seems much better than the second one

Is soooo good

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I watched rediscover stream it for a few minutes last week (I have the game but need to upgrade my GPU for the proper experience) and while the game looks good, it also sounds great. Idk what magical forces are used to manage sound and music so well but they did a really good job

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

signs have secondary modes now. haven't tried all of them but quen and yrden are really good, especially in mob fights

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

this game is real good. i'm going to play it again.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My computer is weak as poo poo so I'm playing this in a 1280x800 window. Need to find a cool Witcher jpeg that I can set as my background so I don't just have the game overlayed on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Walking around in awe

• Locked thread