Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Jerkops posted:

I watched rediscover stream it for a few minutes last week (I have the game but need to upgrade my GPU for the proper experience) and while the game looks good, it also sounds great. Idk what magical forces are used to manage sound and music so well but they did a really good job

i was even running on Low settings at the time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

Walking around in awe

Stoned playing The Witcher 3

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

its probably the best looking game out yet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

its probably the best looking game out yet

As mediocre as the new Battlefront is, it's a seriously amazing looking game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the most technically impressive looking game to me is SMB3, because you look at what else came out on NES and it's like, drat.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i've never thought of graphics that way. that's cool.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Stoned playing The Witcher 3

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I tried to chase after a guy on my horse but I got stuck on a fence and he got away

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

These are the best looking trees I've ever seen

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im doing other games now but just knowing i have blood & wine to start and finish still makes me so happy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

im doing other games now but just knowing i have blood & wine to start and finish still makes me so happy

How many hours do u have in it so far?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

How many hours do u have in it so far?

probably like 80 because i played thru most of it on xbox and then sold it to buy it on ps4

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Killing the griffin was fun but I also felt bad for it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh wow this is just the prologue? lmao

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

welcome

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

These are the best looking trees I've ever seen

[Geralt voice] winds howling

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Blooody baron is cool

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Here's how you can tell witcher 3 owns

When geralt pulls out his weapons he tugs on his sheathes to make the motion smooth

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
my copy is dead. every time geralt talks to someone theres a 10 second load time for every line or camera change. fail

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is this game hard or am i really bad? I cant parry at all. I cant get the timing down

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It's definitely pretty hard at the beginning but if you do all the side quests and stuff you'll eventually be strong enough not to worry too much about most fights. But yeah at the beginning and then in the expansions you can definitely get hosed up if you're not real careful each fight.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I keep putting my points in the fast attack. idgaf about alchemy

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Is this game hard or am i really bad? I cant parry at all. I cant get the timing down

it's been a while since I played but I think the enemy you target flashes red or something before they attack and that's when u parry

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nothing is harder than the first pack of dog monsters on ultra hard in your first play

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Nothing is harder than a dog

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Nothing is harder than the first pack of dog monsters on ultra hard in your first play

Watch an hour of cutscenes and dialogue about your epic quest and then get immediately killed by a stray dog. That is the essential RPG experience right there.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

Nothing is harder than a dog

Duke dog

proverb
Jan 1, 2009

terrible, horrible,
no good, very bad

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

You're talking about Witcher 1, right? That fight really made me doubt the game. No time for prep, indigo child just spouted off, and six murder dogs.

If you've played blood and wine, it's like an encore performance for all the worst Witcher 1 mobs, except now they're cool.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Yeah, parrying can be a bit annoying, unless you're just in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation, where it's more manageable. In the end I wound up dodging/sidestepping when fighting humans in most cases, or diving behind the enemy to attack, if they've got a shield or a halberd.

proverb posted:

If you've played blood and wine, it's like an encore performance for all the worst Witcher 1 mobs, except now they're cool.

I agree - I really didn't like that Barghest encounter in W1, but in W3 they (and the other creatures from the old games that featured in B&W - especially in the area with that cursed lady with the spoon collection) were much more interesting to encounter.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This game is prolly the best wrpg ive ever played

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I came upon some elves and they demanded I give them my weapons and they would let me speak to their leader. I said gently caress that and killed everyone in the camp :cheers:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

This game is prolly the best wrpg ive ever played

Can't really think of an RPG that tops it, western or japanese.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Can't really think of an RPG that tops it, western or japanese.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I had never played the others but this is one of my favourite games ever. Near the end of Blood and Wine :smith: I'll miss you Geralt

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

julian assflange posted:

I had never played the others but this is one of my favourite games ever. Near the end of Blood and Wine :smith: I'll miss you Geralt

I was seriously depressed when I realized I was done with TW3 lol. Like I was moping around my house irl that I was suddenly thrust into a post-Witcher 3 world.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I haven't played Blood and Wine yet as I'm apprehensive about the thought of no more adventures of Geralt after.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I really should get back to playing this. it was ducking awesome but halfway through a quest my game crashed and I was to scared to reopen the game cause what if I lost a bunch of progress but now it's been long enough that even if I had I'd be willing to do it again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

ol yeller posted:

my copy is dead. every time geralt talks to someone theres a 10 second load time for every line or camera change. fail

finally fixed. back to epic gaming :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I was on the phone with a friend the other day who's beaten the game and when I told him I was playing it the first question he asked was which girl i was gonna gently caress

• Locked thread